Pages:
Author

Topic: New rebublic Liberland to accept BTC as currency - page 2. (Read 7602 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
He got arrested fro trespassing on the land so it looks like this idea was a failure before it even got started. These things always run into trouble. You'd be better off buying your own island or creating one somewhere but that costs a lot of money and still can run into legal trouble.
Activity: 40
This ↑

And I think, supported by latest news, it is much more likely to succeed than many ppl think. It seems it actually has support both from Serbia and Croatia and possibly many more states. The fact is all the regimes are screwed and even the ruling class itself needs some place to store the money they all stole from tax payers. And having tax heaven as a neighbour - I also understand while ordinary Serbia and Croatia citizens support it too, taking into account how fucked their economies are 25 years after the fall of Soviet block. EUSR is only making thing worse for ordinary folks.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
Finally this may mark the beginning of the first legal institution of Bitcoin in liberland,although not recognized by the European union or the world for the matter,but we can still dream can't we

Who cares about them anyway, they are a bunch of thieves, of course they wont recognize it. Is there honor amongs thieves?

The important thing is that we should support it, we are honest people here who want economic freedom. The EU doesnt want it (taxes ,regulations, permits).

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Finally this may mark the beginning of the first legal institution of Bitcoin in liberland,although not recognized by the European union or the world for the matter,but we can still dream can't we
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
My question have not been answered so far. Still interesting in why the offcial language is Czech? Thanks!

Ahmm...why is the official language of this "country" Czech although it is located between Croatia and Serbia, hundreds of kilometers away from the Czech Republic?  Grin
Because the ruler of this 'Liberland' place is natural born Czech man, thus he made this language one of official languages of his country. Simple.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
My question have not been answered so far. Still interesting in why the offcial language is Czech? Thanks!

Ahmm...why is the official language of this "country" Czech although it is located between Croatia and Serbia, hundreds of kilometers away from the Czech Republic?  Grin
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
Both Serbia and Croatia claim this place as their own. The idea that nobody claims it part of its territory is totally unfounded.

But this man is claiming the territory though lol

1 man vs 2 countries

It is possible, dedication creates freedom  Wink
Activity: 500
Merit: 250
And nobody is concerned about the minefields there?

There are still 10-15k active mines between Croatia and Serbia , and a lot of them are in Osijek.
tyz
legendary
Just read an article about Liberland in the news. The founder of Liberland has recently stated that there are currently no inhabitants. There is only one old unlivable building on the countries area that is more than 100 years old. And there are more than 300k of applications for a citizenships from where 2000-3000 people are choosen based on their education. Sorry, but this project seems really crazy  Grin
Activity: 370
Merit: 250

Yeah,  who knew creating an entire country was little more than declaring you own something that is in dispute between other claimants, and sketching some SimCity pictures on top of it before 'the world'  can catch up to your cunning ambition?   Check and mate,  statists!  Now if you will kindly hurry up and recognize us in your little club you can waste no time getting us the dirty banker development and investment money you obviously are dying to spend here so we can build this shit and show you how independent we are from your antiquated systems and mouldering ideals. 
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Already 200 000 people all over the world registered for citizenship, and investors showed interest.

A few hundred registering online doesn't mean anything. How many of this 200,000 will actually move to Liberland? It will take many years, if not decades to develop this swampy piece of land. And by the time they develop it and make it inhabitable, Croatia will just annex it, just like they annexed the Republic of Serbian Krajina in 1995.
Activity: 13
Liberland is a libertarian democracy?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
I had a dream to start building crypto villages one day so this is a start and a bold statement so for me Kudos to this Gent for creating this concept and little country. At least he is trying to create a digital parallel economy which might work a whole lot better than fiat and boom and bust economies. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
I've been reading about Liberland and seeing what comes out of there... Anyone already have a citizenship?

I think this is a great concept, but I'm not really sure if it will work... Since they have no military it's easy to attack them and reclaim the land.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
Honestly these means nothing for Bitcoin and that may sound bad but it just doesn't.

In one way or another, it will bring a lot of media attention which can never be bad. Just look at the post below, new sites are starting to talk about it already.
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
I will say you why it will be ended in few months: Noone will accept Liberland as regular republic, there is no reason for do this, Liberland cant offer to our civilization anything anymore, and by the way there were lot of "republics" like this one for last decades, but only one wasnt accepted so there will be not new country also there will be not republic which's national payment will be BTC  Angry
Not even the rich that want to store their wealth without any regulations and under secretive banking policies will want to use Libertard to store their monies, when they have Caiman Islands, Switzerland etc. It just sounds too corny to begin with.
tyz
legendary
If this "state" is not offically acknowledged by the European Union they don't bother about Croatia or Serbia annexing Liberland.

Serbia and Croatia wont touch it without permission from European union and NATO .

Serbia can't touch.. but Croatia can. That is because, as per the internationally recognized boundaries, Liberland is a part of Croatia. It is the Croatians, who are refusing to take ownership. But remember that they can change their stance at anytime, and it does not require prior permissions from the European Union.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Serbia and Croatia wont touch it without permission from European union and NATO .

Serbia can't touch.. but Croatia can. That is because, as per the internationally recognized boundaries, Liberland is a part of Croatia. It is the Croatians, who are refusing to take ownership. But remember that they can change their stance at anytime, and it does not require prior permissions from the European Union.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
So much good news for bitcoin last days and this is the beginning. Spain with no tax with bitcoin transactions, new republic, a lot of new startups... I like it Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: