Pages:
Author

Topic: New stratum/getwork proxy with Web-based GUI and pools management - page 26. (Read 120874 times)

Activity: 217
Merit: 100
Could be both. I will need the log file to now the reason of the pool connection (or eventually to find the proxy problem).

The authentication on the proxy GUI is on the todo list but with a lpw priority. It will be implemented one day.
Activity: 32
Merit: 10
Thank's you, i used to be on the mining proxy in python, but not working well on some pools like coinmine.pw.

I install you version and all is working like a charm, i connect for now like 150 cpu miners thru it, and love the web interface. (could you add a system of username/password to access it ?).

There's moment that i saw all the client disconnecting, interface go to 0, and reconnect in a second. You think it's a proxy problem, or a pool problem (disconnecting).

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Activity: 462
Is it possible to run multiple instances of the proxy on the same computer? I tried and it just crashes. I want to run a proxy for my sha256 workers and the x11 proxy for my other ones, all on the same computer. I didn't see any options relating to this in the help. I am sure the crashes are due to the proxy using the same resources in each instance, since i can run one or the other no problem, just not both at the same time. thank you!

Yes. You have to specify some parameters.

On the command line, they are:
--stratum-listen-port, --rest-listen-port, --getwork-listen-port and --database-directory.

If you use the a configuration file, they are:
"stratumListenPort", "getworkListenPort", "apiListenPort" and "databaseDirectory".

All your instances have to have different values for all of these parameters.

i left out the rest and database options out before, so that was my problem i am guessing. I haven't check though, since i am running the proxy on two different computers as of now. I think i am going to leave that way on the two computers, just so i wont have a single point of failure if i put both proxies on one computer, and it then the computer crashes for some reason. I will try the all the options you mentioned though this weekend, when i have time to fiddle with stuff, plus i am lazy  Grin

But if i end up running two proxies on one computer, will the GUI work for both? I check on the proxies with my ipad now, and i like it since it is a quick way for me to check if all my miners are working correctly.

ok, i got un-lazy and made the changes on my proxies. i am happy to report everything is working perfect! Both proxies are running smoothly and the GUI works for both.  Grin
Yes, it will work. But the GUI of the 2 instances will not be merged. You will have to check the both.

The GUI can be found on the port specified with the --rest-listen-port option. (http://ipOfTheProxy:restListenPort)

perfect thank you!
Yes, it will work. But the GUI of the 2 instances will not be merged. You will have to check the both.

The GUI can be found on the port specified with the --rest-listen-port option. (http://ipOfTheProxy:restListenPort)
Is it possible to run multiple instances of the proxy on the same computer? I tried and it just crashes. I want to run a proxy for my sha256 workers and the x11 proxy for my other ones, all on the same computer. I didn't see any options relating to this in the help. I am sure the crashes are due to the proxy using the same resources in each instance, since i can run one or the other no problem, just not both at the same time. thank you!

--stratum-listen-port, --rest-listen-port, --getwork-listen-port and --database-directory.

"stratumListenPort", "getworkListenPort", "apiListenPort" and "databaseDirectory".

i left out the rest and database options out before, so that was my problem i am guessing. I haven't check though, since i am running the proxy on two different computers as of now. I think i am going to leave that way on the two computers, just so i wont have a single point of failure if i put both proxies on one computer, and it then the computer crashes for some reason. I will try the all the options you mentioned though this weekend, when i have time to fiddle with stuff, plus i am lazy  Grin

But if i end up running two proxies on one computer, will the GUI work for both? I check on the proxies with my ipad now, and i like it since it is a quick way for me to check if all my miners are working correctly.
To use the appendWorkerNames features, just turn on the "appendWorkerNames" parameters of your pool in the configuration file:

{
    "name" : "Nicehash X11",
    "host" : "stratum.nicehash.com:3336",
    "user" : "19wv8FQKv3NkwTdzBCQn1AGsb9ghqBPWXi",
    "password" : "d=0.02;p=0.24",
    "enableExtranonceSubscribe" : true,
    "appendWorkerNames" : true,
    "workerNameSeparator" : ".",
    "useWorkerPassword" : false,
    "isEnabled": true
}

With the above example, your miners will be authorizes the names:  19wv8FQKv3NkwTdzBCQn1AGsb9ghqBPWXi., 19wv8FQKv3NkwTdzBCQn1AGsb9ghqBPWXi....

The miner1Name and miner2Name are names that are configured in your mining software to connect to the proxy. So if in your miner, you were using 19wv8FQKv3NkwTdzBCQn1AGsb9ghqBPWXi.miner1 before using the proxy, you now have to use only miner1.

You can change the workerNameSeparator if the pool uses another separator than '.' between the first part and the second part of the name (for Nicehash/Wafflepool, between the BTC address and the worker name). The "useWorkerPassword" has to be turned on only if you want to authorize the workers with their own password instead of the one configured for the pool in the proxy.

If you are using Nicehash with its new WorkerName feature, I have not done test. There may be some issues since the appendWorkerNames was implemented for MPOS based pools. I see one potential issue. If there is no worker which connect on the proxy for a while, no authorization are sent to Nicehash (but subscribe request is sent). Maybe Nicehash has a timeout between the subscribe request and the authoriation request. So your proxy will be often disconnected from Nicehash.

Moreover, I am not sure that Nicehash accept several workers by connection (maybe, maybe not).

Activity: 30
Thank you for this, I'm using multiple proxy setups to maintain a single connection to a pool per algorithm.  Seems I was setting off some flag with connecting from each miner that was setting a temporary ban, this is a wonderful way around it.

I do have a question about appendWorkerNames, in that I can't get it to work.  Can you give me an example of how this should work, both from the stratum-proxy.conf file and how each miner would signify what name to append?  I'm using config files both to start the proxy and to connect the miners.

Activity: 288
Merit: 105
This is a really nice project.

I think it would be really cool if there were "groups" of connections. So when I want to switch my farm to another algo, I can switch the proxy to pools I like for that algo without remembering which ports and pools are associated with it. Just a suggestion Smiley

Thanks for all the hard work.
Any chance you might look into CryptoNight a bit closer?

I've been working with it a bit in ccminer.exe and it appears the only real changes are the use of JSON2.  Other than this I'm not really seeing any differences.

Carlo

I have already looked at cpuminer-multi in the past to add the cryptonight currencies support to the proxy but unfortunately, the pool mining of these currencies use a stratum-like protocol, but not stratum (I don't know why). Stratum-like since it uses JSON-RPC (2.0 but it is not a problem) over a TCP connection, but all JSON-RPC methods are new (there is no mining.authorize but login, no mining.subscribe, no mining.notify but getwork and more...).

I do not want to add overhead on the proxy to add cryptonight support. I think the best solution is to fork the project and modify the "stratum" connections handling for cryptonight pools/miners.
Activity: 168
Any chance you might look into CryptoNight a bit closer?

I've been working with it a bit in ccminer.exe and it appears the only real changes are the use of JSON2.  Other than this I'm not really seeing any differences.

Carlo
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
Thank for the bug report. I will look at it. (Could you post the error message if it happens again ?)

I will but I also put the computer on a UPS so it's not likely to happen again for me.
Thank for the bug report. I will look at it. (Could you post the error message if it happens again ?)
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
I had a power outage and after I restarted the proxy would not run.  It had a bunch of errors (which I did not record - sorry).  I recopied the original files and deleted the database folder and it is working again.  I am guessing it was the deleting of the database folder which actually fixed it but you may want to code for that kind of crash.  You might even be able to reproduce it by killing the proxy miner processes.
You can configure several pools and enable/disable them at demand through the API.  You can also add/remove pools through this API. All these features will soon be integrated in the web client.
Activity: 59
cloud add muti-profies? can change profie live?

Could you expand on that ?
i mean can add profies live, use your web ? and can active which profie to use or off
Similar to betaris ? I do not understand

They meant here....https://www.betarigs.com/

I ran into issues using your proxy on that site, but that was like the first version you had. I haven't tried since then, since I am back and running on nicehash again Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: