Pages:
Author

Topic: New stratum/getwork proxy with Web-based GUI and pools management - page 29. (Read 120841 times)

Activity: 397
Merit: 11
I always get invalid or corrupt jar file error when i try to run it.
What am i doing wrong? Smiley
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
The multi-algo is a miner feature. What do you want to know about that ?

like nicehash.com can control what algo to mine!

Do you mean pools for different algo on the proxy ?
It may be possible (maybe not if you use some Getwork miners) but I do not see how the miners connected to the proxy will be aware of the current pool algorithm (and of algorithm switching).

Since in SGminer V5 one algorithm is tied to one pool defined in the miner, I think you will have to launch one instance of the proxy for each algorithm and configure your miners with all the proxies (one by algorithm).

It is a lots of configuration but definitely doable. (even if I do not really see the advantages of using a proxy for this case)
i see .thank you!
Activity: 217
Merit: 100

Do you mean pools for different algo on the proxy ?
It may be possible (maybe not if you use some Getwork miners) but I do not see how the miners connected to the proxy will be aware of the current pool algorithm (and of algorithm switching).

Since in SGminer V5 one algorithm is tied to one pool defined in the miner, I think you will have to launch one instance of the proxy for each algorithm and configure your miners with all the proxies (one by algorithm).

It is a lots of configuration but definitely doable. (even if I do not really see the advantages of using a proxy for this case)
Activity: 59
Merit: 0

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Just wanted to say thanks for this, it's a great help when mining on Nvidia. Do you have a donation address (BTC one in sig?). I would like to buy you a beer!

Beer received! Cheers!

No problem! Enjoy!
Just wanted to say thanks for this, it's a great help when mining on Nvidia. Do you have a donation address (BTC one in sig?). I would like to buy you a beer!

Beer received! Cheers!

Yeah! Thanks for the beer! I am going to need it for this evening (I am going to start working on a GUI for the proxy).

Cheers!  Grin

(You can use the address in sig)

What language are you going to use?  Windows, Linux or web based?

It will be web based, directly embedded in the proxy (so no other application to deploy. I am considering two frameworks: GWT (with the GXT library) since I already know it, or maybe Twitter Bootstrap (with JQuery or AngularJS).
Activity: 168

Yeah! Thanks for the beer! I am going to need it for this evening (I am going to start working on a GUI for the proxy).

Cheers!  Grin

What language are you going to use?  Windows, Linux or web based?

Cheers!  Grin

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
I have checked the code of the node-cryptonode-pool and even if the protocol is called stratum, it is not the stratum protocol that is used. All JSON RPC methods are different from the "real" stratum protocol.

So, heavy developments are needed to add compatibility with cryptonote pools. I put it in the TODO list, but I cannot tell you when it will be done.
Indeed, this proxy does not support CryptoNight based stratum servers. To work properly with CryptNight coins, it seems that the stratum protocol has been modified. Unfortunately, I do not know where to find the specifications of this new protocol.

If you can provide me the specifications (or at least more information), I may add the CryptoNight pool mining feature.

Here is the Github
https://github.com/zone117x/node-cryptonote-pool
Indeed, this proxy does not support CryptoNight based stratum servers. To work properly with CryptNight coins, it seems that the stratum protocol has been modified. Unfortunately, I do not know where to find the specifications of this new protocol.

If you can provide me the specifications (or at least more information), I may add the CryptoNight pool mining feature.
I've just started playing with this and really like it a lot.

I have however found it doesn't seem to work with any CryptoNight based stratum servers.  I'm sure the problem is on the server side and not doing proper protocols but it might be something you could code around to make it work.  Here a part of the log

2014-06-16 17:40:42,854 INFO  [main]: [Launcher]    LogLevel not set, using INFO.
2014-06-16 17:40:42,880 INFO  [main]: [Launcher]    Using pools: [Pool [name=mro.extremehash.com:9999, host=mro.extremehash.com:9999, uri=null, username=47VvxGyL9D9a33PULnPSVvVqVvTfox1fS3E6uBbFX2NRQWb48nBq8caDK1FsMa4Sr69EeETZP6W7BifUEgWZ8FQgGpz4TLn, password=password, difficulty=null, extranonce1=null, extranonce2Size=null, activeSince=null, isActive=false, isEnabled=true, isExtranonceSubscribeEnabled=false, numberOfSubmit=1, priority=0, acceptedDifficulty=0.0, rejectedDifficulty=0.0]].
2014-06-16 17:40:43,279 INFO  [main]: [StratumProxyManager]    ServerSocket opened on /192.168.1.6:6005.
2014-06-16 17:40:48,186 WARN  [TimerExecutorThread-0]: [Pool]    Subscribe response timeout. Stopping the pool
2014-06-16 17:40:48,187 WARN  [TimerExecutorThread-0]: [StratumProxyManager]    Pool mro.extremehash.com:9999 is DOWN. Moving connections to another one.
2014-06-16 17:40:48,196 INFO  [TimerExecutorThread-0]: [Pool]    Pool mro.extremehash.com:9999 stopped.
2014-06-16 17:40:48,198 INFO  [TimerExecutorThread-0]: [Pool]    Trying reconnect of pool mro.extremehash.com:9999 in 5.0 seconds.
2014-06-16 17:40:53,199 INFO  [TimerExecutorThread-0]: [Pool]    Trying reconnect of pool mro.extremehash.com:9999...
2014-06-16 17:40:53,312 ERROR [Pool-mro.extremehash.com:9999-Thread]: [StratumConnection]    JSON-RPC Parsing error with line: {"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","error":{"code":-1,"message":"invalid method"}}
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonMappingException: Can not deserialize instance of java.util.ArrayList out of START_OBJECT token
 at [Source: java.io.StringReader@8bbe03; line: 1, column: 24] (through reference chain: strat.mining.stratum.proxy.json.JsonRpcResponse["error"])
   at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonMappingException.from(JsonMappingException.java:164)
   at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.DeserializationContext.mappingException(DeserializationContext.java:691)
   at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.DeserializationContext.mappingException(DeserializationContext.java:685)
   at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.std.CollectionDeserializer.handleNonArray(CollectionDeserializer.java:256)
   at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.std.CollectionDeserializer.deserialize(CollectionDeserializer.java:214)
   at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.std.CollectionDeserializer.deserialize(CollectionDeserializer.java:204)
   at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.std.CollectionDeserializer.deserialize(CollectionDeserializer.java:23)
   at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.SettableBeanProperty.deserialize(SettableBeanProperty.java:525)
   at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.impl.MethodProperty.deserializeAndSet(MethodProperty.java:99)
   at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.BeanDeserializer.vanillaDeserialize(BeanDeserializer.java:242)
   at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.BeanDeserializer.deserialize(BeanDeserializer.java:118)
   at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper._readMapAndClose(ObjectMapper.java:2993)
   at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper.readValue(ObjectMapper.java:2098)
   at strat.mining.stratum.proxy.network.StratumConnection.onLineRead(StratumConnection.java:220)
   at strat.mining.stratum.proxy.network.StratumConnection.access$200(StratumConnection.java:55)
   at strat.mining.stratum.proxy.network.StratumConnection$1.run(StratumConnection.java:152)
2014-06-16 17:40:58,221 WARN  [TimerExecutorThread-0]: [Pool]    Subscribe response timeout. Stopping the pool
2014-06-16 17:40:58,221 WARN  [TimerExecutorThread-0]: [StratumProxyManager]    Pool mro.extremehash.com:9999 is DOWN. Moving connections to another one.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Ouch, I don't understand your request...

What does your restrictive firewall/proxy not allow ? Raw TCP connections (stratum+tcp) ? HTTP requests on a non standard port (8332 for Getwork requests) ?

You may change the listening port of Getwork requests with the --getwork-listen-port option (use the port 80 to trick the firewall/proxy). If the long-polling does not work due to some kind of timeout on the firewall/proxy, you can try to disable the long-polling support on your mining software (with a counterpart: a little more rejects).

I think the getwork listen port option you specified could do the trick...  but here's an example:

Using the old stratum-proxy I'm able to access it from a restrictive network by specifying http://proxyDNSname.com:xxxx (with xxxx being whatever getwork port I set.)

When I tried the same thing with your Java based proxy using X11 and stratum by specifying stratum+tcp://proxyDNSname.com:yyyy (with yyyy being the stratum port), it fails over this network's http proxy (using miner software's proxy settings).  Directly specifying http:// instead with the same port also fails.  With some Pools, I've seen them able to support stratum protocol on http:// urls (regardless of port 80 or something else).  But it seems your proxy only supports stratum+tcp:// for stratum handshake.

The restrictive network allows various specific TCP traffic over port 80 to whatever destination port you want (so things like SSH through the proxy work).  But for some reason specifying stratum+tcp:// always fails to connect on this network.

So I guess I'll have to use getwork and http:// for these specific workers?  I haven't done a git pull in awhile (predating getwork capability in your jar), so I'll try it out later when I get home.

Thanks!

UPDATE:  Yes, doing things through getwork bypasses the "stratum over http proxy" issues I was having.  Thanks!!!

Are there plans on putting a TUI in front of this (sorta like bfgminer/cgminer/sgminer), or just a separate application making requests via the API?

Maybe a MobileApp or Front-end app for the UI?  I've been looking for a side project to use for learning Apple Swift, so maybe a monitoring app pointing to your REST API would be a good one.
Ouch, I don't understand your request...

What does your restrictive firewall/proxy not allow ? Raw TCP connections (stratum+tcp) ? HTTP requests on a non standard port (8332 for Getwork requests) ?

You may change the listening port of Getwork requests with the --getwork-listen-port option (use the port 80 to trick the firewall/proxy). If the long-polling does not work due to some kind of timeout on the firewall/proxy, you can try to disable the long-polling support on your mining software (with a counterpart: a little more rejects).
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Another feature request...

Can we get an option to allow HTTP connections (still using stratum and/or getwork LP) versus requiring stratum+tcp://  from specified ports?

Usecase: Allow mining access to the stratum-proxy by workers behind a restrictive firewall/proxy network.  The old scrypt python stratum proxy allowed this through the getwork requests, but if I want to use it for X11, I can't, so this would be a great feature in those cases.  Otherwise these workers are stuck on Scrypt and the old python stratum-proxy. Sad
Activity: 148
Ah, I really thought that the getwork feature would allow solo mining. Still, thanks for the work.
Pages:
Jump to: