Author

Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER - page 307. (Read 371139 times)

Activity: 102
Merit: 11
The Proof of Signature Blockchain Database When to publish?
https://github.com/borzalom/XtraBYtes
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
If each node is 500K XBY, its threshold is too low, the node gains less, do the node will not be interested!

Agree with you , the total supply are 6.5 hundred million  , 50K is too low

There are 650 million XBY - The STaTiC nodes are 500.000 each there will be between 200 and 600 total.

This is new technology, so lets allow Borzalom to show you what else he is building...

Its up to you if you want to have a STaTiC node (or several).

Thanks!

Yes, I began to prepare the two nodes, 2 million, ready to sell the only left of the 1 million 500 thousand, only 500 thousand!!! Can test under!

OK, very good. If you require assistance I will help you.

Please see the post I just made above... these are the current setup instructions. But you MUST use the download from the Vote announcement link.

I will update the windows wallet on the ANN now also (the other wallets are not ready yet).

OK

The Proof of Signature Blockchain Database When to publish?
Activity: 602
Merit: 255
If each node is 500K XBY, its threshold is too low, the node gains less, do the node will not be interested!

There are 650 million XBY - The STaTiC nodes are 500.000 each there will be between 200 and 600 total.

This is new technology, so lets allow Borzalom to show you what else he is building...

Thanks!

Yes, I began to prepare the two nodes, 2 million, ready to sell the only left of the 1 million 500 thousand, only 500 thousand!!! Can test under!

OK, very good. If you require assistance I will help you.

Please see the post I just made above... these are the current setup instructions. But you MUST use the download from the Vote announcement link.

I will update the windows wallet on the ANN now also (the other wallets are not ready yet).

Thanks!

Thanks!

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

I don't want you to vote in the future.
I think team members should decide future policies.

The mob has many heads but no brains.

Thank you Kamiyama, we appreciate you and your opinion.

This result has resulted in the best possible decision and outcome for the long term and you are correct... but we wanted people to realize that they have a voice and vote here. This is a Community Corporation in the making. However, there will be a hierarchy in the future and this is that ONLY STaTiC Members can vote:

1 STaTiC = 1 VOTE

Activity: 742
Merit: 251
I don't want you to vote in the future.
I think team members should decide future policies.

The mob has many heads but no brains.
Activity: 173
Great news!

Good job Boz & CCR!!!
Activity: 102
Merit: 11
Hello XtraBYters!!

What a fantastic debate we have all participated in over the last 48 hours. Thank you all for your participation and for taking ownership on all levels of your XtraBYtes Community Corporation.

What we have ended up with here is the following:

We also considered all opinions and votes written on the forum because we learned that "newbie" level members were unable to vote (which is why Mica3006 set up the other poll) So, this was taken more as opinions (rather than votes) because we also needed to avoid double voting.

At the end of the day... we have decided that the vote really was as close to being down the middle as can be, especially considering many people also wanted Borzaloms opinion and his opinion was 500.000 also.

Therefore, with all this considered and with hopes to keep as many people happy as possible, while also allowing the XtraBYtes Community Corporation to choose, we will move ahead with 500.000 being the amount of XBY required to run a STaTiC node.

We hope that anyone setting these up takes this investment and contribution very seriously, understanding that this is experimental software we are developing and that patience is the key. In time, more developers will join us and this will help speed up the process.

At this point, STaTiC registration HAS officially and successfully begun... (I already did mine) It is very simple if you follow the instructions on page 20 of the forum (just be sure to have 500.100 XBY on deposit, so that means SEND exactly 500.100 XBY to your deposit wallet) and your registration process is very simple after that.

If you are unsure, we are working on preparing video instructions to help. There is no big rush here... This is just the registration part and later the STaTiC nodes will start to do their job. Patience is the key here... More information relating to the registration process and verification's will come soon...

Anyone who is comfortable getting started, you can access the latest wallet with STaTiC Registration capabilities here: https://uploadfiles.io/exjlg

When you finish, please post your TX id, and Borzalom will check to if you were successful or not. This process will be manual until the auto-checker website is finished.

Also, for those fo you who have less than 500k, please note that there will be future surprises and opportunities in the XtraBYtes community... so HODL your XBY if you can. Wink

Finally, please keep in mind that XBY transaction fees are still at 100 XBY. This will change in the future but for now will remain in place and soon we will decide what to do with these Community Funds.

This has been a very successful weekend and we thank you all for your support and participation!!

Dave and Zoltan and the rest of the XBY DEV TEAM!!

PS. We would also like to ask that you move your "STaTiC coins" OUT of the exchanges so that we can see approximately how many will be available for set up over the coming days.

thanks
Hello XtraBYters!!

What a fantastic debate we have all participated in over the last 48 hours. Thank you all for your participation and for taking ownership on all levels of your XtraBYtes Community Corporation.

What we have ended up with here is the following:

We also considered all opinions and votes written on the forum because we learned that "newbie" level members were unable to vote (which is why Mica3006 set up the other poll) So, this was taken more as opinions (rather than votes) because we also needed to avoid double voting.

At the end of the day... we have decided that the vote really was as close to being down the middle as can be, especially considering many people also wanted Borzaloms opinion and his opinion was 500.000 also.

Therefore, with all this considered and with hopes to keep as many people happy as possible, while also allowing the XtraBYtes Community Corporation to choose, we will move ahead with 500.000 being the amount of XBY required to run a STaTiC node.

We hope that anyone setting these up takes this investment and contribution very seriously, understanding that this is experimental software we are developing and that patience is the key. In time, more developers will join us and this will help speed up the process.

At this point, STaTiC registration HAS officially and successfully begun... (I already did mine) It is very simple if you follow the instructions on page 20 of the forum (just be sure to have 500.100 XBY on deposit, so that means SEND exactly 500.100 XBY to your deposit wallet) and your registration process is very simple after that.

If you are unsure, we are working on preparing video instructions to help. There is no big rush here... This is just the registration part and later the STaTiC nodes will start to do their job. Patience is the key here... More information relating to the registration process and verification's will come soon...

Anyone who is comfortable getting started, you can access the latest wallet with STaTiC Registration capabilities here: https://uploadfiles.io/exjlg

When you finish, please post your TX id, and Borzalom will check to if you were successful or not. This process will be manual until the auto-checker website is finished.

Also, for those fo you who have less than 500k, please note that there will be future surprises and opportunities in the XtraBYtes community... so HODL your XBY if you can. Wink

Finally, please keep in mind that XBY transaction fees are still at 100 XBY. This will change in the future but for now will remain in place and soon we will decide what to do with these Community Funds.

This has been a very successful weekend and we thank you all for your support and participation!!

Dave and Zoltan and the rest of the XBY DEV TEAM!!

PS. We would also like to ask that you move your "STaTiC coins" OUT of the exchanges so that we can see approximately how many will be available for set up over the coming days.

Activity: 224
What's in the Magic bottle?
YO THIS NEW XBY IS THE DANK SHIT HOMIE  Shocked Shocked
Activity: 103
@CCRevolution

You might want to create an official XBY twitter account, good place for promoting crypto and posting updates.

Noticed the twitter link in the main post goes to a non existent twitter page

This now exists here https://twitter.com/XBYOfficial. CCRevolution will update the OP when he gets a chance.
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
@CCRevolution

You might want to create an official XBY twitter account, good place for promoting crypto and posting updates.

Noticed the twitter link in the main post goes to a non existent twitter page
Activity: 557
Merit: 250

I use coinbase to purchase BTC/ETH ... if you have existing bitcoins, then shapeshift (multiple coin types available) and send your BTC to yo or cex and then purchase XBY.  

Sadly I still don't have any bitcoin in 2017..

I live in Germany this means I can NOT use coinbase -> https://www.coinbase.com/global

Every EU country is supported except for Germany and France  Huh I don't know what they are thinking seriously
Sancho come on our slack - i'm not sure if we can work it out but let us try.  Try local bitcoin exchanges (https://localbitcoins.com/)

Slack invite :  
https://young-basin-20186.herokuapp.com/
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
My friend, you're a little weird here... What does it mean, "I have problems with exchange sites?"

I can't deposit fiat money or BTC on c-cex or yobit because first I need accounts on sites like payeer, mymoneypolo but they are very slow..
I sent them all my documents for verification but it takes like 48 hours and until then I can't buy anything BTC or xby and I also registered on sites like coinbase.com and btcdirect.eu to be able to buy BTC instantly with credit card but those sites do not work correctly and also want verfication before I buy but it takes so much time  Sad

I know this is a chance in a lifetime and I am rather poor so I thought I could put all my little savings in this great coin but I didn't know it was this hard to get any crypto and now it just hurts

You can Buy BTC with lykke platform, just need acount and valiade creditcard tu buy USD in the lykke wallet......... and than you buy BTC and send to anywhere on the planet Smiley
XBY is very busy this weekend, please wait for answers to your questions till later. You are asking too many question at one time, it would take the developer away from his work. He did answer your last  'batch' of questions.

Sure, I'm not in any rush. These questions might be important for the developer to at least read though even if he doesn't have time to actually compose a response.

What is your interest? Intellectual curiosity? You want to develop similar ideas into your coin (imitation is the best form of flatter etc) Or maybe are you interested in joining the project? Debunking what you think won't work?

Vorsholk is very good person. no need start fight here.

Thanks cyberhacker Smiley

It's mainly intellectual curiosity, I specialize in consensus-related technologies and I also don't want to see someone spend a bunch of time building a solution that they eventually find won't work—been there, done that. The hope is that the developer with either have some sort of solution to these problems, or that asking these questions will help him/her realize that some ideas might not work and adjust accordingly.

There has already been significant thought put into consensus algorithms and getting around a lot of potential problems. Communication isn't instant (so transactions propagate unevenly and unreliably), nodes aren't always online, and people will actively try to attack the network. It isn't possible to have all nodes with completely synchronized clocks and identical mempools at every tick of those clocks. The ability for one individual party to be responsible for creating the next block (and a competitive environment where no one produces all or most of them) solves these issues—someone dictates truth in a way that everyone else can agree. A lot of alternative consensus algorithms or ideas for them end up having issues with deadlock (where the network is left in a state of permanent disagreement, and effectively breaks into two pieces which may or may not be able to continue to run independently).

If communication was instant (where a transaction arrived instantly at all nodes simultaneously) and guaranteed to be delivered to all participants, we wouldn't even need blockchains: all nodes would know that all other protocol-adherent nodes also received the same data at the same time, so no one needs to establish 'truth' or mediate mutually exclusive events, because they couldn't have both been sent simultaneously and so the order in which they appeared would dictate precedence. A bootstrapping node would of course have some trouble, but connecting to tons of nodes and comparing the entire transaction history given by each would likely solve this to a reasonable degree (and this problem exists with PoS coins anyway, 'weak subjectivity').

Vorsholk thank you for posting and bringing some debate on key issues, interested in answers to your questions too!

For everyone:

Slack invite is still working for those interested: 
https://young-basin-20186.herokuapp.com/
Activity: 103
Hi all,

I'll be ramping up our social media presence this coming week, and finishing off our FAQ bot that will be linked to various services.

Please follow us on twitter at https://twitter.com/XBYOfficial

Great to see so much discussion in here, and excellent to see comments of people impressed with the progress we are making.
Jump to: