Author

Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER - page 315. (Read 371139 times)

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Notice, released it?
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Send me a PM with your email and I can manually invite you for the time being.

Have PM you my email...Please forward me the slack invite link...Thanks for the help:)
Activity: 3
i am very crazy about this coin, Management is very superb and Movement of coin is also not bad. CCR is also sincere with coin improvement..
Activity: 370
Merit: 250

Great questions but I think you will have to go to slack to get hold of the developer...he's understandably pretty busy right now.

The new website has a bit more info that might be helpful. Try to understand this project is in its birth pains now, it wasn't planned for months and now being released. You might be someone to help the project as they are looking for developers.

https://xtrabytes.tech

Yes, very good questions and this is a great suggestion that Vorksholk can consider...

I have already passed this on to Borzalom and he is probably working on the answers. However, I do not anticipate being able to post them before the announcement (but you never know) because I need to interpret the answers so that everyone can understand them and this means that I must also understand and this sometimes takes some back and forth discussion between Borzalom and I...

None the less... this will be answered ASAP

Thank you for posting them!!

This is excellent CCR.. So much to learn from you both for the other Coin Devs!! Some don't even care to respond.. But I salute you guys for your very open communication. 275 Minutes more for the announcement!! LOL
Activity: 48
Is the https://www.reddit.com/r/xtrabytes/ owned by you guys? If not, I can set up a sub for you Smiley

I would set up another Reddit. I'm pretty sure XTRABYTES marketeer wouldn't set up a private Reddit and also he would of mentioned it.  It almost looks like someone creating something to discuss a pump and dump.
Activity: 602
Merit: 255

Great questions but I think you will have to go to slack to get hold of the developer...he's understandably pretty busy right now.

The new website has a bit more info that might be helpful. Try to understand this project is in its birth pains now, it wasn't planned for months and now being released. You might be someone to help the project as they are looking for developers.

Yes, very good questions and this is a great suggestion that Vorksholk can consider...

I have already passed this on to Borzalom and he is probably working on the answers. However, I do not anticipate being able to post them before the announcement (but you never know) because I need to interpret the answers so that everyone can understand them and this means that I must also understand and this sometimes takes some back and forth discussion between Borzalom and I...

None the less... this will be answered ASAP

Thank you for posting them!!

Proof of Signature Basic Introduction

The PoSign Mining is very easy to understand.

Each client (STaTiC Node) sees the same transactions and therefore each block is equally visible by the entire network. The STaTiC Nodes job with regard to the consensus is to simply sign the blocks. If any STaTiC tries to sign a fake block, the other STaTiC's will blacklist it and continue signing the VALID blocks.

For example:

Let's say there are 100 STaTiC Nodes online across the network and 1 tries to create a block that contains fake information (such as; fake transaction or bad blockhash etc...) This fake/bad block hash will be different than the other 99 hashes and therefore the other 99 clients (STaTiC Nodes) will send a warn/repair RPC message to the "bad" client. If the "bad" STaTiC Node repairs the block then the hash will become the same as the other 99. If it doesn't repair it and instead tries to resend over and over, the other nodes will eventually blacklist the STaTiC.

All other nodes (non STaTiC nodes) will see the last block that signed and how many STaTiCs accepted.

In comparison; Bitcoin and all other coins have only one untrusted, randomly selected node that signs and creates the block. With XBY, each block is created and signed by all the currently ONLINE STaTiC Nodes.

With XtraBYtes, there is no POW or POS mining to sign and verify the blocks. As we said, each online STaTiC signs and this is where you start to see the power of PoSign... Because, this means there are more signatures and more signatures = more security. Nobody can know all private keys from the STaTiC Nodes and therefore it is impossible to create fake STaTiC signed blocks.

At this point, we have ONLY 1 STaTiC node controlling XBY and the network is fast and secure...

After more STaTiCs have been registered on the network, XBY will be better than ALL other coins in the crypto world.

At this point, nobody really understands what is really happening here... We are developing THE COIN Wink This is the LATEST INNOVATION in BLOCKCHAIN technolgy and our man Borzalom is the Genius Mastermind who thought of it.

So, to summarize:

If Bitcoin security is 100% (with untrusted nodes signing the blocks) How much more powerful is XBY when it is also (100% + the use of trusted nodes) * the number of STaTiC Nodes? Like I said... he was blowing my mind when he was explaining all this to me a few nights ago.

Congratulations to all of you who are already with XtraBYtes... You are way ahead of the people who will be coming on board soon.... VERY SOON...

I have a few questions about the specifics of your consensus algorithm.

I generally approach consensus algorithms from a few angles:
-What are the attack vectors (both in stalling consensus and in reversing established consensus)
-How is power distributed (and what effects does that have on censorship)
-How does it impact scalability (both in transaction volume and number of users)

With those main ideas in mind:
1. How does someone actually become a STaTiC node? Do they have to go through the developer, can they set it up themselves?
2. How do you ensure that each STaTiC node sees the same transactions? Further to that point, if I send two transactions that conflict with one another, and some STaTiC nodes see the first and some see the second, how do they come to agreement which transaction is the legitimate one?
3. What constitutes a 'fake' block?
4. How do normal nodes know who the STaTiC nodes actually are, to verify the signatures against? How do thin clients do it?
5. Are blocks deterministic (i.e. everyone on the network at any point would be able to construct an identical block)?
6. It appears every STaTiC node is able to independently create identical blocks, is that true?
7. What is the threshold for normal nodes to accept a block as valid (99% of STaTiC signatures? 51%?)
8. What prevents the creation of an alternative history if someone compromises the original private key of the first STaTiC node? Is the network only weakly-subjective?

legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
Proof of Signature Basic Introduction

The PoSign Mining is very easy to understand.

Each client (STaTiC Node) sees the same transactions and therefore each block is equally visible by the entire network. The STaTiC Nodes job with regard to the consensus is to simply sign the blocks. If any STaTiC tries to sign a fake block, the other STaTiC's will blacklist it and continue signing the VALID blocks.

For example:

Let's say there are 100 STaTiC Nodes online across the network and 1 tries to create a block that contains fake information (such as; fake transaction or bad blockhash etc...) This fake/bad block hash will be different than the other 99 hashes and therefore the other 99 clients (STaTiC Nodes) will send a warn/repair RPC message to the "bad" client. If the "bad" STaTiC Node repairs the block then the hash will become the same as the other 99. If it doesn't repair it and instead tries to resend over and over, the other nodes will eventually blacklist the STaTiC.

All other nodes (non STaTiC nodes) will see the last block that signed and how many STaTiCs accepted.

In comparison; Bitcoin and all other coins have only one untrusted, randomly selected node that signs and creates the block. With XBY, each block is created and signed by all the currently ONLINE STaTiC Nodes.

With XtraBYtes, there is no POW or POS mining to sign and verify the blocks. As we said, each online STaTiC signs and this is where you start to see the power of PoSign... Because, this means there are more signatures and more signatures = more security. Nobody can know all private keys from the STaTiC Nodes and therefore it is impossible to create fake STaTiC signed blocks.

At this point, we have ONLY 1 STaTiC node controlling XBY and the network is fast and secure...

After more STaTiCs have been registered on the network, XBY will be better than ALL other coins in the crypto world.

At this point, nobody really understands what is really happening here... We are developing THE COIN Wink This is the LATEST INNOVATION in BLOCKCHAIN technolgy and our man Borzalom is the Genius Mastermind who thought of it.

So, to summarize:

If Bitcoin security is 100% (with untrusted nodes signing the blocks) How much more powerful is XBY when it is also (100% + the use of trusted nodes) * the number of STaTiC Nodes? Like I said... he was blowing my mind when he was explaining all this to me a few nights ago.

Congratulations to all of you who are already with XtraBYtes... You are way ahead of the people who will be coming on board soon.... VERY SOON...

I have a few questions about the specifics of your consensus algorithm.

I generally approach consensus algorithms from a few angles:
-What are the attack vectors (both in stalling consensus and in reversing established consensus)
-How is power distributed (and what effects does that have on censorship)
-How does it impact scalability (both in transaction volume and number of users)

With those main ideas in mind:
1. How does someone actually become a STaTiC node? Do they have to go through the developer, can they set it up themselves?
2. How do you ensure that each STaTiC node sees the same transactions? Further to that point, if I send two transactions that conflict with one another, and some STaTiC nodes see the first and some see the second, how do they come to agreement which transaction is the legitimate one?
3. What constitutes a 'fake' block?
4. How do normal nodes know who the STaTiC nodes actually are, to verify the signatures against? How do thin clients do it?
5. Are blocks deterministic (i.e. everyone on the network at any point would be able to construct an identical block)?
6. It appears every STaTiC node is able to independently create identical blocks, is that true?
7. What is the threshold for normal nodes to accept a block as valid (99% of STaTiC signatures? 51%?)
8. What prevents the creation of an alternative history if someone compromises the original private key of the first STaTiC node? Is the network only weakly-subjective?

Thank you Ted!

If you want in the Slack, please follow Ted's instructions... We do not know how else to do this at this stage.

Activity: 7
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
This is what i found on slack help centre:

Invitation limits

Slack may limit a team's ability to send more invitations if a large number has been sent but very few have been accepted.

If you're using Slack within a company setting and have reached a limit when inviting a large group of coworkers, please contact us.

If you're using Slack outside a company setting, you can avoid hitting the limit by only sending invitations to people who have asked to join your team.

Please do not revoke invitations in an attempt to lift the limit. Invitation limits are not affected by revoked invitations. They are based solely on the acceptance rate of invitations that have already been sent.

It will be too much surprised, after seeing news vs Dump. Roll Eyes

What is your trolling nickname on yobit lol.
but, you are still not providing the simple Slack activation link.
You know it's a simple thing? It makes all this "announcement" really shady, since we can't get into your slack.  is it private?

Lol, so now a coin without Slack is shady? Seriously?

People are funny, hey guys Slack is a crypto standard now...a coin with no Slack apparently is a scam. Cheesy

LOL - Love it!! Great humor... Thanks!

I'm not an expert in slack at all but I've seen this a few times quite soon after slacks are set up. Possibly there is a number of people/invites list before they say you must pay. Like I said I don't know but it MIGHT be an issue something like what i said, Slack site has some facts on pricing and functions etc.
You know it's a simple thing? It makes all this "announcement" really shady, since we can't get into your slack.  is it private?

Actually, there are several people working on finding the Slack link and it is NOT a simple thing... Perhaps you can help, rather than FUD??

Our Slack has been open for a week and now the initial link they gave us is not functioning anymore... Baring manual invitations, we are NOT able to find a GENERAL invite link that works for NON slack members.

Thank you!

http://bfy.tw/BTRV

http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=wanker

People are funny, hey guys Slack is a crypto standard now...a coin with no Slack apparently is a scam. Cheesy

LOL - Love it!! Great humor... Thanks!

Actually, there are several people working on finding the Slack link and it is NOT a simple thing... Perhaps you can help, rather than FUD??

Our Slack has been open for a week and now the initial link they gave us is not functioning anymore... Baring manual invitations, we are NOT able to find a GENERAL invite link that works for NON slack members.

Thank you!

Ummm... I am not sure it is a good idea to click that link... Can anyone verify without compromising their computers?

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 1111
Merit: 1000
crypto-enthusiast since 2012

Thank you!

All you have posted is BS, maybe this coin doesn't need you. BTW there are a ton of people there so I guess you aren't cool enough?

Thank you!

legendary
Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001
I've taken some of the suggestions about the website design and made some changes.

(The roadmap is not finished, neither are the TEAM biographies)

Thoughts?

https://xtrabytes.tech/

Personally I think it puts XtraBYtes way ahead of most coins in the altcoin section in terms of design.
Jump to: