Pages:
Author

Topic: Newbie starting out where to invest $500 - page 3. (Read 569 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 203
February 15, 2018, 08:54:27 PM
As the title suggest new to crypto, small investment of $500, which coins should I be looking to invest in?

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

If there is money you can forget for a while, just get some BTC. If you want it to be profitable since the very first moment, then I would choose Clamcoin (for it can mine itself, and any cam you have will give you more clamcoin...)
Activity: 278
Merit: 101
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
February 15, 2018, 04:57:34 PM
First of all, I recommend you to do your own research before buying any coin. In my case I started in september investing and I put almost all my money in deeponion coin. It is a privacy coin with a lot of unique features, so I really recommend it. The market cap is still really low so it is a good chance to make good profits, good luck!
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
February 15, 2018, 04:39:12 PM
Try getting some Litecoin, the price is around 230$ a coin now and it is a unvalued coin. (if your going long term get it) If you want to go short term try bitcoin but it is very volatile.
Activity: 8
February 15, 2018, 01:54:20 PM
To answer direct to your question.
DeepOnion
Etherium
Ripple
Bitcoin cash
Iota
Activity: 51
Merit: 2
Namaste
February 15, 2018, 12:31:57 PM
Much kudos to all of you for sharing your knowledge and experience, I have read them all twice. I invested the first $500 and will plan the next $500 I invest a little more wisely. Buying in the dip gives me a little buffer to screw up. I have mainly invested in the top 10 coins with ADA being my largest holding.

Tempted by XVG, the fact that it is open source, but the research cuts it as bad and good any thoughts on this coin are appreciated.

Once again a big thanks for sharing the wisdom
Activity: 420
Merit: 105
February 09, 2018, 06:12:55 AM
learn learn learn learn
learn learn learn learn
learn learn learn learn

before buying anything

this is not a store, this is a new market, and it is very volatile now, never invest more that you can afford to loose

so, after that, listen to veterans, and then in order to start you will havo to buy bitcoins, not on coinbase(high fees) and then if you want you can exchange them for other cryptocurrencies

blockchain.info could be a good start

good luck!
Activity: 210
Merit: 29
February 09, 2018, 05:48:50 AM
Keep $400 one side and only go in with $100 at first, you will likely make some mistakes and lose some money while you learn. At least untill you are comfortable with sending funds around and using the correct wallets.. how ICOs work and all that.

Just get your feet wet man, and remember to question everything you see, dont risk too much into one thing. There are lots of scams out there.

I would advise that you split the full $500 up into different sized coins, such as 250 high caps(top 10) 150 mid caps(rank 11-30) 100 low caps( rank 31-70)
This would give you a nice split on risk/reward.

If you make some gains from these you can maybe move some into an ICO in a later date, but ICOs arent great if you are new due to the risk level.

My list of coin names to look into:
bitcoin
ethereum
eos
icon
litecoin
steem
cindicator

take  this with a grain of salt. dont ever buy anything just because someone said so  !

P.S. be careful of lending platforms Smiley
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
February 09, 2018, 05:30:11 AM
investment into bitcoin is safest off all time.This time is solute time to invest into bitcoin. the price hit soon double that I am hoping.beside bitcoin invest some of your USD into altcoin. don't put all of your eggs into one basket. every time try to put other and another basket your eggs.after investing your USD don't put your asset into exchange site.Withdraw them into your secure wallet.
Activity: 196
Merit: 102
CV proof..best project 2018
February 09, 2018, 01:44:26 AM
i recommend you to buy bitcoin and some altcoins from your usd 500. actually this is the best time to invest your money. cryptocurrency markets are highly undervalued at this time.so you can get maximum amount of coins at this moment.early Jan bitcoin was around 20000 usd now its around 8000 usd. so i advice to invest half of your capital on bitcoin and hold it for around 1-2 months. definitively it will hit 20000 usd in next 2-3 months.use other half (usd 250) for buy altcoins. more than buying lot of different coins in small amount,its better to invest in one or 2 good  projects and buy high amount of coins .at this moment i would like to suggest few good coins currently undervalued. sia coin/tron and ripple.all of them are very cheep and you can buy large bag form your money
Activity: 2
February 08, 2018, 11:22:08 PM
I also want to know. And I'm also a newbie to bitcoin
Activity: 588
Merit: 11
February 08, 2018, 08:36:20 PM
As the title suggest new to crypto, small investment of $500, which coins should I be looking to invest in?

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

You can go to coinmarketcap and look what coins suits you. You can buy many coins if you choose those cheap coins. Ofcourse don't forget to look at the quality and potential of the altcoins. You can search there ann thread and read the whitepaper to make sure if you are in the right ICO. Don't rush yourself make it easy in doing investments. Be careful and notice very well what you choose to not fall in the deep of bankruptcy. This is too risky in doing investment but be strong to take the risk.
Activity: 11
February 08, 2018, 06:26:31 PM
I think the one question you need to answer for yourself is "what is my goal for investing, and is it long term or short term"?  Once you have established this then seek out where to invest.

Having a game plan and some knowledge is critical prior to jumping in too deep.

It's also a math game....

Put that $500 in Bitcoin today at $8200 and you'll need it to reach $16400 to double your money.

Put that $500 in an altcoin at $.04 and you'll only need it to reach $.08 to double your money.  Many altcoins swing daily like this, but profitability is there IF you have the right strategy.

I started with $800 a month ago.  It's been one hell of a wild roller coaster ride so far...
Activity: 40
February 08, 2018, 03:49:42 PM
When i first started i went heavy into just bitcoin and got very lucky. I quickly 2x my money(just a lucky HOLDL) and then took my principle back into fiat. I have been trading with that original positions profits over the past 2 years.

If i had to start all over again with little capital i would look into buying some ether and then invest into some of the lower risk ICO. Some good money to be had at the moment and its a good way to get a bigger bank with short hold time. 
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
February 08, 2018, 02:26:14 PM
before investing in crypto learn how it works then  you  can  survive storms buy  bitcoin i dont know  that  you can ever buy in this price of BTC , buy and HODL , first of all  recognize your goal, is it short term or long term , if you want short  term do  your  own research and use bitcointalk and social media, follow  the  news and  analysis
Activity: 18
Merit: 2
February 08, 2018, 02:08:40 PM
I suggest investing into the top 10 as these coins have stood the test of time.

Always remember, investing does come with a risk therefore never risk more than you can afford to loose. Also, think about what you mean when you say you want to invest. Do you want to day trade? Do you want to invest in the companies? Or, do you want to buy currency with the hope it will appreciate in value?

Before placing your hard-earned money into the cryptocurrency space I suggest you learn about the coin fundamentals using the recommended reading. Start spending your time and energy learning, discussing, using, coding, and enquiring about the coins.

These in-depth guides will be helpful for your research:

www.cointelligence.com/content/ultimate-bitcoin-guide

www.cointelligence.com/content/ultimate-ethereum-guide

www.cointelligence.com/content/ultimate-litecoin-guide
Activity: 518
Merit: 1
February 08, 2018, 12:16:13 PM
As a starter invest in Bitcoin, Ethereum when market is low, wait and watch, invest it when market is low and when you find the moment just invest in both. Mostly AltCoins up and down based on these main 2 coins. If these are up, mostly are up, and if they both down, mostly coins show downtrending.
Activity: 742
Merit: 19
February 08, 2018, 10:16:19 AM
I would like to recommend ICO projects. You can get more than good profit better than buying bitcoin or altcoins. Don't invest whole 500$ in one project. Find different projects and invest them. You have to do your own research for before invest a ICO project.
https://icobench.com This site is good one for choose good ICO's. Good luck!
Activity: 98
PISTI
February 08, 2018, 10:05:54 AM

Don't ask for advice like this. People are just going to shill what's in their bags. I would focus on research, research, research. If you're not willing to put in the time and hard work, then the safe bet is Bitcoin. Based on the historic trend, it's always a good conservative choice.

But if you're looking for bigger gains, you need to put in the hard work. The altcoin space is rife with scams, pump-and-dumps, and vaporware. You need to get to know the space and learn to quickly filter out the scams. Successful altcoin investors read ANN threads everyday. They keep up on fundamental news, they calendar fundamental events (roadmap dates, software/feature releases). They research coins all the time -- old and new.

Find coins you like fundamentally, then analyze the supply/income generation (staking, masternodes, etc)/marketing capacity/other fundamentals. Study the charts. You should probably invest in increments -- over weeks and months, not all at once. That will help you minimize the drawdown (the unrealized loss on your holdings).

There's a learning curve and it takes some experience to get there, but you need to learn this game on your own. If you go off coin recommendations on forums and trollboxes, you might get a good call here and there, but you'll probably lose everything eventually. It'll be much more valuable for you to develop an investment strategy which works for you. I think you'll find this will pay off over and over as the years go by. Good luck.
Theres realy a big difference between seasoned members like you comparing to lower rank members. Your advice has alot of sense and meaning. Im sure all hero members know alot about bitcoin like you. Hands down and big thumbs up to you.
Activity: 126
February 08, 2018, 07:46:54 AM
500 is a too big for a starter!

Don't spend that much money if you are a newbie. I just don't want you to end up losing your funds by making an amateur step in this complicated sphere. I would suggest starting with $100 or less. You can buy some altcoins even for $10, see how it works and then wait a bit and sell for a better price (if you think the price is better at some point). This will give you a sense of how it works, and you will practice your skills and knowledge at the same time. I just really don't want you to end up with big losses.

However, if you are a long-term investor, I will suggest investing $100 in the most perspective cryptocurrencies and just wait. Or just $500 in bitcoin, but again, this has to be a LONG-TERM investment, because you are a starter and you may loose sufficient fund by short-term trading.

Remember, this is an unprofessional advice, but I am telling this because I know many people who lost sufficient funds by blindly trading with big amounts.

I wish you all the best in your future investment plans, just be careful and do much RESEARCH, because if you make a smart move with $500 in this business, your chances are high that you will get a lot out of that!  Cool
Activity: 672
Merit: 265
February 08, 2018, 06:12:56 AM

Don't ask for advice like this. People are just going to shill what's in their bags.

+1

Completely agree.
Pages:
Jump to: