Pages:
Author

Topic: Newbie starting out where to invest $500 - page 4. (Read 569 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
February 08, 2018, 05:47:49 AM
As the title suggest new to crypto, small investment of $500, which coins should I be looking to invest in?

Don't ask for advice like this. People are just going to shill what's in their bags. I would focus on research, research, research. If you're not willing to put in the time and hard work, then the safe bet is Bitcoin. Based on the historic trend, it's always a good conservative choice.

But if you're looking for bigger gains, you need to put in the hard work. The altcoin space is rife with scams, pump-and-dumps, and vaporware. You need to get to know the space and learn to quickly filter out the scams. Successful altcoin investors read ANN threads everyday. They keep up on fundamental news, they calendar fundamental events (roadmap dates, software/feature releases). They research coins all the time -- old and new.

Find coins you like fundamentally, then analyze the supply/income generation (staking, masternodes, etc)/marketing capacity/other fundamentals. Study the charts. You should probably invest in increments -- over weeks and months, not all at once. That will help you minimize the drawdown (the unrealized loss on your holdings).

There's a learning curve and it takes some experience to get there, but you need to learn this game on your own. If you go off coin recommendations on forums and trollboxes, you might get a good call here and there, but you'll probably lose everything eventually. It'll be much more valuable for you to develop an investment strategy which works for you. I think you'll find this will pay off over and over as the years go by. Good luck.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 505
February 08, 2018, 05:14:24 AM

5. Don't be afraid to ask something.

Hi,

That's true but please read before as much as you can before asking, many questions come again and again and people are sometimes fed up with writing always the same answers.

Some common questions have remarkable answers with full of details, so again read before asking.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
February 07, 2018, 10:31:52 PM
Still a rookie myself. After a few months I've realized I need to consolidate into the more solid assets. Don't look for the jackpot yet and be patient is just my 2 cents
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
Spanish translator & Community Manager
February 07, 2018, 06:14:43 PM
I would recommend BTC to start with your investment. If other cryptocurrencies interest you make sure to read the whitepapers and do your own research before investing in any project.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 756
Bobby Fischer was right
February 07, 2018, 04:46:59 PM
As the title suggest new to crypto, small investment of $500, which coins should I be looking to invest in?
Always make decisions while being backed by knowledge.
I could for example, turn your attention here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annmain-bitcore-btx-datacarriersize-up-to-220-bytes-1883902 It showed very good resistance to recent plummet, probably because of its "hodl" nature(profitable to hold). This will change at some point, so you will need to keep an eye on it.
Make sure to study this proposition carefully and don't act to swiftly.
Second thing is to diversify, split your investment in few parts or at least two, considering 500$ is not to much.
If you hesitate, go with BTC it looks like a good moment for buying.
Activity: 252
Merit: 6
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
February 07, 2018, 04:32:27 PM
Now it is really high tome to invest into crypro, as the market begins to grow again. I would buy all of top-10 coins from coinmarketcap.com
Activity: 670
Merit: 512
February 07, 2018, 12:45:17 PM
today almost all of crypto pumping right now.But still its worthy,You should buy ETH or LTC now. Eth & LTC would be good one investmetn for you.
Daily trading with your money is another good way make money.but without good knowledge dont join into trade now.
Activity: 278
Merit: 101
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
February 07, 2018, 07:43:53 AM
Well, it is a really good time to invest because all the cryptos are really low at the moment. When I started a couple of mounths ago I invested in deeponion and that was the best choice I could do. So I recommend you now to invest in this fantastic coin.
Activity: 51
Merit: 2
Namaste
February 07, 2018, 07:38:04 AM

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

YOU SHOULD BUy A BITCOIN while the value is low. You can but bitcoin at 7/11 or by a credit card at you bitcoin wallet. make sure that your bitcoin is in bitcoin to exchange it while bitcoin value is low. Here but low, sell hight in long term definition you should know the value when its low buy bitcoin and when high sell it. In this rate you can buy bitcoin

Nice a newbie, as I see you as a person who wants to earn and learn the same time here I would like to give you tips that is and will help you in the journey of cryptocurrency.

TIP
1. post on different forums not just in one forum. Why? because as you scan the different forums you can learn different things here while answering questions and asking the same time.

2. Due to Merit rule post nicely and a constructive that would help people and you may see they will give you a merit points to help you increase.

3. You can read here AND YOU MIGHT SEE SOMETHING THAT YOU COULD INVEST IN.

4. if you got a job here a bitcointalk do it well and follow the rules.

Thank you for your advice and time will study, Once I can award merit I will remember to give.
You should better learn more about crytocurrency before starting to invest. Ive observed that it is so volitile and has no warranty if your investment get loss.

Yes volatile, this is the nature of the market, however $500 is not a huge sum of money, should I lose it.

Hence me seeking recommendations for more knowledgeable members.   
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
PISTI
February 07, 2018, 07:19:50 AM
You should better learn more about crytocurrency before starting to invest. Ive observed that it is so volitile and has no warranty if your investment get loss.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 273
February 07, 2018, 06:53:56 AM

YOU SHOULD BUy A BITCOIN while the value is low. You can buy bitcoin at 7/11 or by a credit card at you bitcoin wallet. make sure that your bitcoin is in bitcoin to exchange it while bitcoin value is low. Here but low, sell hight in long term definition you should know the value when its low buy bitcoin and when high sell it. In this rate you can buy bitcoin

Nice a newbie, as I see you as a person who wants to earn and learn the same time here I would like to give you tips that is and will help you in the journey of cryptocurrency.

TIP
1. post on different forums not just in one forum. Why? because as you scan the different forums you can learn different things here while answering questions and asking the same time.

2. Due to Merit rule post nicely and a constructive that would help people and you may see they will give you a merit points to help you increase.

3. You can read here AND YOU MIGHT SEE SOMETHING THAT YOU COULD INVEST IN.

4. if you got a job here a bitcointalk do it well and follow the rules.

Activity: 51
Merit: 2
Namaste
February 07, 2018, 06:29:25 AM

Pages:
Jump to: