Pages:
Author

Topic: Newbies are not Scums.... Learning is a Process and it's progressive. - page 3. (Read 579 times)

Activity: 1526
Merit: 876
I gradually understood that the dynamics of this forum is that it's compulsory for members to post something daily and what you post do not have to consider what/how others feel about what is said to them.... Some Members just want to have points and remain active on the forum...

I wonder if the Professionals here weren't once newbies...
We still appear according to our abilities and making posts in any form must also be seen as a structure of compliance with truth values. Concerning some members who want to get points is another matter, but what you need to understand is that the points will be given when you make a post that has more important meaning and information. So that the discussion will run more lively and will gain meaning from the discussion being discussed. Therefore, identify your interests and what you can master so that when the discussion takes place it will be much more focused properly.

Professionals are not limited between beginners with much higher ranks because it is a way one can provide benefits to each other. This forum is discussion-based and we will discuss according to the discussions we comment on so that whoever can provide answers, other people will definitely give points.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿
However, I am a Professional Project Management Expert with Master's Degree in Project Management from BCU, United Kingdom.
I Graduated as the best in my class with a Distinction.

Yeah. I'm afraid to imagine how you wrote. Using AI texts in the same way?
OP, you are too demanding. Reduce your vanity and pride, and accept criticism calmly. No one here is obliged to love you only for your “written” merits. Anyone on the Internet can pretend to be anyone; if you want to be Napoleon, be it, but understand that no one owes you anything.
And since you came to the forum, respect the rules. The use of AI is not encouraged on the forum.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.63407350
Activity: 2604
Merit: 816
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
No one will care about your academic grades. If you are someone with many achievements, you should keep your secret. You should act like ordinary people to get along easily with anyone anywhere.

If you continue to introduce yourself by showing off your achievements, people will not show respect for you. We gather in this forum to learn together and not brag about our achievements.

If you want to join other Bitcoin developers, you can show your curiosity by learning more about Bitcoin. You can interact with great people in this forum and ask what you must do to join.
Activity: 784
Merit: 732
If I may describe myself, I will say I am the most honest man on Earth.... I can't lie about anything when I have nothing to gain.....

The simple truth is that I made the initial post before my promotion in my work place.... I can't expose where I work or what I do.... My Promotion came with lots of goodies and my Salary is now above $300 and money I get monthly from my new position which amounts to 7 digits...... I am not someone that brags.....

I think at this point, I will just exit this forum for my sanity sake.... I have lived over 4 decades and I have never seen a forum where people's views are not treated with respect.
Negative responses are always there everywhere. Both in the real world and in the virtual world. And one thing you can do is ignore those who say negative things to you if it bothers you. And try to see the positive responses from members on this forum. I hope you can see it from two different angles. Because I think there are still a lot of good people in this forum with whom you can have very good discussions too. And because this is a bitcoin and crypto discussion forum. So actually many of the users here don't really care about our background in the real world. They are only interested in what we can present here on this forum. It could be about our research on crypto projects or we have insights related to crypto and finance that we can share here and will be useful for those who read it. Well all that would be much more appreciated.
I think you have to strengthen your mentality. If you are not ready to accept criticism or suggestions then it would be better to take a break. And come back again when your mind is calm.

And when you decide to come back, make something that you can present here in written form or whatever that can be useful reading material for forum members to read here. Or if you have questions related to crypto then you can come here and ask here. Because of course you come here definitely have a purpose. Is it to learn about crypto and bitcoin? or is it to discuss crypto and Bitcoin? or do you want to share your insights regarding crypto and bitcoin? And to do that you don't need to tell people about your real identity. Because if you prove your good identity through your writing then I am sure you will get appreciation and respect from everyone here.

Because many forum members here immediately receive respect for the real contributions they sincerely present to this forum.

So just calm down and try to be more relaxed Smiley
Activity: 2408
Merit: 516
If you continue to pay attention to negative comments that do not align with your personal ideologies, you will get so pissed off and even leave the forum again without gaining anything, while those supposed attackers are still in the forum making waves. So who lost, obviously you!

In every message here, there is a bit of sense in it no matter the tone of the message, pick only the right information you need and forget about the manner with which the message was passed. Sometimes newbies can ask unnecessary questions instead of using the search button,  not everyone here will be patient enough to explain one thing over and over again.  Focus more on learning and forget about anyone's opinion,  at the end we all will be fine.
 I understand his struggle, we all faced it at a point when we were new in the forum, those attitude from some members dont help people settle well here, is about the personalities of some high rank member. The way some new people enter the forum and spam it is understandable to me sometimes. They are fewer now than in previous years but they are more in some thread, I would not really advise you to avoid them because of the resourcefulness of the threads and users, but please keep in mind that you are there to read and learn, not spam.
Activity: 532
Merit: 508
What do you believe in?
If you don't take everything too personally on this forum, you will do better than complaining. On the internet, people are free to say whatever they want based on their opinion. People are free to drop anything they count as opinion without minding if it hurts you or anyone, and it's left for you to take it personally or even allow it to get to you, for which no one cares.

If you don't want to get burned, just teach yourself to deal with criticism, develop thick skin, and go along with the flow. But the best thing you can do for yourself is to be very observant of how things are done here. If you are very observant, you will learn fast, you will take corrections easily, and you will not make some careless mistakes that so many newbies do.

Learn to use the forum search button to check if you have a topic you are looking for; it will prevent you from creating exactly the same topic that has been discussed. If you create a thread, make sure you go over all the comments one after another and learn from them. Just don't take things so personally here; if a user keeps attacking you, you can use the ignore button, and you will not see their post.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 907
I am a newbie (Beginner) on this forum...

Surprisingly Roll Eyes, anytime I mention newbie, I get attacked like Newbies are scums and shouldn't be here in the first place....
Is it possible for you to just mention newbie and people will start attacking you just like that? I don’t really think so, before you will be attacked, then you must have done something wrong, everyone started the forum as a newbie, but with time, we decided to grow our account, so I don’t think anyone hates newbies, as long as they are not doing anything wrong.

I got frustrated at first from the kind of responses on my post and I took a break from the site, after all I am not unemployed.... I have a seven digit paying Job I love so much...
If you are giving up just because of the response you got from people, then you are wrong. Everyone has their opinion, and you can’t stop anyone from saying what they have in mind. I just checked your profile, and I noticed that you created three posts the same day you created your account. If your post doesn’t go well, then you will be criticised. If you can’t withstand criticism, then the forum is not for you. As a newbie, criticism should serve as a correction for you.

You claimed you took a break from the forum, but taking a break doesn’t affect the forum in any way, no one even knew you took a break from the forum. If you think taking a break will be the solution, then you are wrong, no one is going to lose more than you.
Activity: 714
Merit: 1004
Goodnight, ohh Leo!!! 🦅
Don't expect the best from everyone in here -- I could actually get on your nerves with my response to your post...but that's only my opinion and everyone can't give off the same approach.. Try not to get too concerned/attacked; for the fact that people have different perspective of understanding your points doesn't make you wrong -- it should create an impression that everyone can't just accept your opinion for whatever reason...

Glove makes patches in here for free ... nothing more. But his patches are sometimes neglected after putting in alot of work...do you know how hard it is to code?  ... Theymos could base his evaluation on the necessity of the patch at the time and also the number of interested persons...

what you're facing also happened to me... Someone even quoted my introductory post and told me that he's fed up of getting too many junk post like mine... What's the difference now??... CREATE THE DIFFERENCE AND STOP COMPLAINING!!

Sandra 🧑‍🦰
Activity: 2212
Merit: 786
I think that the whole fiasco about newbies being discriminated are the ones focused on beginner accounts who spam meaningless comments with various threads.

I have encountered tons of newbies who were willing to learn and most of our distinguished forum users shared their insights and support to them. At the end of the day, it is not about your rank in the forum- it is about your attitude and willingness to learn from others and on this forum.

Obviously, if you are a newbie who's sole purpose is to earn cryptocurrency, then do it on the right process. Stop rushing and asking questions that have been answered a thousands of times already. Utilize the search bar and start from there.

Lastly, please do not interpret that everyone is "attacking" you just because they gave their objective criticisms. Part of learning is knowing where your mistake lies- this forum has users who are willing to teach others but you must have the attitude to accept and learn also.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 132
BK8 - Most Trusted Gambling Platform
Everyone starts from newbies. everyone here is the same. What is different is the newbies who progress and process continuously and consistently who can make changes to the newbies label. and you are right if learning is a process. and the process will show the progress of what has been learned and experienced so far. If you ignore it and close your eyes, the result will be the same. Change requires a process, not just a sudden success. No need to listen to what makes you fall, just take advantage of every opportunity to develop in this forum. Because here there are lots of good people who want to share with each other.
Activity: 2338
Merit: 757
Surprisingly Roll Eyes, anytime I mention newbie, I get attacked like Newbies are scums and shouldn't be here in the first place....

Can you provide links to the discussions in which you were accused of still being a Newbie? It is very important to determine who did this and on what basis because not everything you are told here is true, whether it is encouragement or frustration. There are newbie accounts whose purpose is to spread lies, beg for money, or request loans without guarantees. How do you expect them to be treated?

I got frustrated at first from the kind of responses on my post and I took a break from the site, after all I am not unemployed.... I have a seven digit paying Job I love so much...

The reason I am on this forum is passive, though I want to learn more about Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency.

If you have this huge balance from your job, and you are here on the forum for the pure purpose of learning, what would prompt anyone to accuse you of anything? Unless you are getting yourself into useless discussions. Learning assumes that you are following discussions about the Bitcoin ecosystem, which is why I find it strange that you complain about such things.
Activity: 896
Merit: 584
BTC, a coin of today and tomorrow.
I am a newbie (Beginner) on this forum...

The reason I am on this forum is passive, though I want to learn more about Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency.

Consequently, along the line I understood that commenting and attacking people's posts on this platform is part of the reason some people grow faster here.

I gradually understood that the dynamics of this forum is that it's compulsory for members to post something daily and what you post do not have to consider what/how others feel about what is said to them.... Some Members just want to have points and remain active on the forum...

I wonder if the Professionals here weren't once newbies...

Nobody is an expert in life and on this forum.... The last time I asked, I was told that an a professional or an expert is someone who has learned less and less about more and more until he has known everything about nothing....

We are all here to learn and maybe earn along the way...

Stop the belittling of Newbies on this forum.

Make your points on people's posts constructively and with respect.

I had to quote the whole wall of text because you made alot of sense. I know that frustration that newbies have when attacked by established members. Every newbie had their own taste of the cake. It is a bitter cake that every genuine newbie doesn't know how to escape. Any newbie who probably do not complain about the harshness of the forum, could be an alt account.

I wonder why you should quit the forum because of the behaviour of people you don't know in person. Do not allow random people hiding behind the screen to ruin your stay in this wonderful forum.

Calling me a Scammer or suspecting that I am a scammer because I am a newbie here is a very big accusation that is hard for me to take..... Please is it possible for me to show my real name and identity to you here? If it's not against the rules then I can drop my LinkedIn, Facebook and other Social media link here so you can know that I am not a Scam but someone you should respect on a norm.

This platform is kind of becoming toxic to me.... I guess I will take my leave... Must people behave disrespectful to earn points???

In the online environment, it is correct to treat everyone as scammers unless they prove otherwise. What is not right is calling the person a scammer when it is not proven.

I have read where you declared your sincerity. Just be true to yourself and develop a think skin.
Activity: 560
Merit: 287
You've just spoken up and feel like you've let go of the anger that has been building up inside of you for quite some time. However, instead of receiving a big cuddle for speaking up, you will face criticism from other users here. This is a public forum, and no one controls how people interact here. When someone responds to you with a rude I'm a hersg manner, simply accept the correction and move on; remembering that you're not supposed to be spoken to in that manner will only make you angry, so accept the correction that will help you improve your knowledge or experience in the forum.

Everyone was once a newbie, and many people have received criticism, but this hasn't stopped them from progressing in the forum. If you're here to learn, you won't mind the criticism; if you're here for another reason, the criticism will only make you hate the forum even more, and you won't learn anything. The time you spent cooling off as a result of the criticism you received could have been used to improve yourself in the forum during the entire time you were offline.
Activity: 15
Merit: 1
I am a newbie (Beginner) in this forum...
Surprisingly Roll Eyes, anytime I mention newbie, I get attacked on this forum like Newbies are scums and shouldn't be here in the first place....

Nobody attacked you for being a newbie, you started this topic and bragged about yourself:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.63398158
Bitcointalk is the in-thing, but it requires time and efforts to grow and my Job do not give me enough time. My Job is more like 24hrs Job were I can be called to duty when I am resting/sleeping.
Do I quit my Job for Bitcointalk? (This is running through my mind)
My Job pays less that $300 a Month.

So, which one of the 3 are true and which are false? My bet is on the third being the only right one!
And now you have the answer to why some newbies are not getting such a warm welcome!

Intelligence is not measured in how we speak or write....

Let me brag again, I graduated as the best in my Masters Degree Class with a Distinction... I wrote the best Thesis graded 84% and since being published as a Book sold all over the globe... I authored 3 Books sold all over the globe with yearly royalties....

Let me also brag that in January, I will be travelling to the United Kingdom again for my PhD on a well deserved Scholarship....

I will also want to challenge you to an English test to know your worth.....

The British who are the acclaimed originator of English Language makes lots of blunders while speaking English (if your listen outside there accents) and they also learn English in their Schools....

I don't know if the word fool is permitted here because some people are just acting like fools on this forum just to get points and for the sake of posting......

I am not bragging.... You can drop your email and I will send you my CV and Credentials for free ....
Activity: 532
Merit: 618
I would have loved to quote and reply to all your points one after the other, but I'm using mobile, so I might mess up the whole thing before rounding it up, but never the less, here is what I have to say.

I understand how you feel, and a lot of newbies have also raised this concern, and everyone was a newbie before they got the reputation that they are right now. Even before the merit system was introduced, the ranking system has always been there, so I don't think anyone jumped the newbie part.

In terms of being a newbie, you can be a newbie here in this forum, but that does not make you a newbie in real life. You can have all the knowledge you want and be very smart. One thing that I have learned from this forum is that you just have to live life the way you want, provided that you are not scamming anyone. Whatever anyone has to say to you, if it will add value to your growth, you accept it, but if it won't, you just ignore it; they won't do you anything.

You can't control what people will think about you, but you can prove them wrong by doing better. Most people just think a lot of newbies are plagarists, and as such, they criticise every bit of their mistake. If you happen to find yourself in such situations and you are confident about yourself, don't give such hate a space to dominate you; instead, use that as a motivation to prove their instincts wrong and see them as part of those who will use you as an example in the future.
Activity: 15
Merit: 1
I don't understand your issue with forum members regarding treatment. Could you provide a quote that makes you feel attacked?
looking through the threads he created, there are some posts coming from forum members that are not "welcoming" or feel like a "rude" response to the post he made(which I don't think it is). that's probably why he felt like he was being attacked by forum members.

Then we have the story of  you rambling about your 7 digits income...
Bitcointalk is the in-thing, but it requires time and efforts to grow and my Job do not give me enough time. My Job is more like 24hrs Job were I can be called to duty when I am resting/sleeping.
So, which one of the 3 are true and which are false? My bet is on the third being the only right one!
And now you have the answer to why some newbies are not getting such a warm welcome!
that's an interesting find, I wonder what the OP has to say about this.

If I may describe myself, I will say I am the most honest man on Earth.... I can't lie about anything when I have nothing to gain.....

The simple truth is that I made the initial post before my promotion in my work place.... I can't expose where I work or what I do.... My Promotion came with lots of goodies and my Salary is now above $300 and money I get monthly from my new position which amounts to 7 digits...... I am not someone that brags.....

I think at this point, I will just exit this forum for my sanity sake.... I have lived over 4 decades and I have never seen a forum where people's views are not treated with respect.
Activity: 266
Merit: 113
this is very necessary and I don't see any reason why an old member can't advice a supposed newbie in a matured and responsible manner.

One of the major concern I also have as it relates to matters as this is that their are people that have prior experience as it regard bitcoin and cryptocurrency but might not have been an active member of the forum, and then they now join the forum and make a post that is matured and shows how experience the person is, you will see numerous attack on the individual as though one cannot do his research and get lots of information that although his account might be showing newbie or jnr member, he could be more experience than some legendary.

The journey in the forum is one that takes time and no one should be discouraged just because he is joining the forum as a new person. If they spam or make a faulty appearance in the forum, let's first direct and guide them responsibly and when they seem not to be taking the advice seriously, they could then be shunned it reported in reputation board.

let love lead
Activity: 420
Merit: 252
My post made philipma1957 wear signature
If you continue to pay attention to negative comments that do not align with your personal ideologies, you will get so pissed off and even leave the forum again without gaining anything, while those supposed attackers are still in the forum making waves. So who lost, obviously you!

In every message here, there is a bit of sense in it no matter the tone of the message, pick only the right information you need and forget about the manner with which the message was passed. Sometimes newbies can ask unnecessary questions instead of using the search button,  not everyone here will be patient enough to explain one thing over and over again.  Focus more on learning and forget about anyone's opinion,  at the end we all will be fine.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1243
Cashback 15%

Stop the belittling of Newbies on this forum.

No one is belittling newbies here, except for those who feel they are superior person than others.  I have been here in the forum for almost a decade now and I see members here being patient in guiding newbies.  I even see members doing the research just to answer the questions of newcomers. 

The only time members of these forums react negatively to the newcomer's posts is when the newbies try to teach people things they know little about, and bragging about their achievements without laying out proof to support their claims.

Respect is given to those who deserve it, IMO.  Btw, there is also constructive criticism, so it depends on the receiving end on how they accept this.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1071
I don't understand your issue with forum members regarding treatment. Could you provide a quote that makes you feel attacked?
looking through the threads he created, there are some posts coming from forum members that are not "welcoming" or feel like a "rude" response to the post he made(which I don't think it is). that's probably why he felt like he was being attacked by forum members.

Then we have the story of  you rambling about your 7 digits income...
that's an interesting find, I wonder what the OP has to say about this.
Pages:
Jump to: