Pages:
Author

Topic: Newest Diff thread April 19th to May 1st-Closed for picks!! - page 10. (Read 7488 times)

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
You guys are too early, it's not 300 blocks yet, still about 60 to go.

well i'm out of the game anyway, with my +6, i doubt it will increase so much, we are at negative now
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
You guys are too early, it's not 300 blocks yet, still about 60 to go.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
9:15 AM in Romania!
+1,01 to 1,25! hope i typed correctly! Grin

wasn't after block 300???

right now we are at block 233!!!

Tuesday and or 300???
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
It's tuesday here in Canada ! Mouhahahaha

I would to pick => +1,76 - +2,00%

Thanks ! Cheesy
Nothing will ever do what paycoin did the planning and prep done by zew-gaw-paycoin was very good. Details were very well thought out by them and they pulled more then 20ph from btc during the run they did.

That was a crazy time 200 plus percent mining.  Was a wonderful time to be a miner.

in the sunday morning before the paycoin fork, ~14 December, the price was over 30 times higher than direct mining btc!!!
~monday was double and it slowly went down to normal prices for rentals
legendary
Activity: 1456
Nothing will ever do what paycoin did the planning and prep done by zew-gaw-paycoin was very good. Details were very well thought out by them and they pulled more then 20ph from btc during the run they did.

That was a crazy time 200 plus percent mining.  Was a wonderful time to be a miner.

Nightly Update price around 224, bitwisdom as below:

Bitcoin Difficulty:    47,610,564,513
Estimated Next Difficulty:    46,786,231,224 (-1.73%)
Adjust time:    After 1802 Blocks, About 12.5 days
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
legendary
i love these altcoin runs - i make 10-50% more renting out, and it helps keep down the bitcoin difficulty.

though im not sure what altcoins are able to have such an effect beyond that paycoin garbage. is it possible that a nicehash renter could direct the hashrate at pools for a withholding attack - would that be profitable or serve any purpose beyond stagnating the difficulty?

It has been a heck of a ride in last 24 hours.  Wish I would have started nicehash before that even.   But at least I caught some of it.

It's a nice bonus when it happens I agree.  Fun to get a little bit extra BTC.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
i love these altcoin runs - i make 10-50% more renting out, and it helps keep down the bitcoin difficulty.

though im not sure what altcoins are able to have such an effect beyond that paycoin garbage. is it possible that a nicehash renter could direct the hashrate at pools for a withholding attack - would that be profitable or serve any purpose beyond stagnating the difficulty?
https://blockchain.info/charts/hash-rate?timespan=30days&showDataPoints=false&daysAverageString=1&show_header=true&scale=0&address=

a highest ever happened on blockchain: 408PH!!!

nextdifficulty.com Conservative: 1% ~Middle:1.2% Continous: 1.9 %
bitcoincharts.com   47890596929   0.6%
mining-profit.com   50943304028   7%
legendary
Midday bitwisdom update.  It went down slightly, but a lot of people are on  nicehash or rentals.  So hard to tell effect once earnings there drop.

Estimated Next Difficulty:    46,645,374,782 (-2.03%)
Adjust time:    After 1845 Blocks, About 12.8 days

well I am getting paid 0.015 a th at westhash to mine my 2 avalon 4.1's I cranked them to about  2.24th about1.12 th each.  when west and nice hash go to normal I will turn down to 1.8th or about .9th each.

I thinking many smaller miners do this. to the right is page 24 of a 453 page pdf .  it is the nightly pay out sheet of a very big pool f2pool.   from 1 to 23 miners are over 20th so toss them out from page 24 to 453 miners are around 20th or less keep them in.

page 24 has  22 miners around 20 th or 440th
 page 25 has 22 miners around  20 th or 440th    

down to page 42

it has 22 miners around  10th or 220th  

so those pages 24 to 42 = 19 pages at 22 each or 418 miners the average is 20 + 10 + 30/2  or 15th

that is 6.270ph  in miners from 10 to 20 ph.

from pages 43 to 66 = 24 x 22  or 528 miners  between 10 and 5 th or 7.5th  that is 3.96ph

lastly from 67 to  126 or 60 x 22 = 1328 miners between 5 and 1 th or 3th   that is  3.984 ph

so 6.27ph
    3.96ph
    3.98ph

this is 14.21 ph  is between  1th and 20th on  f2pool   and owned by around 2300 miners  all of us are small enough to be nimble and shift.

So if you are wondering how nimble and shifts of hash occur.  lots of this big 72ph pool can overclock or downclock with ease  i did from pdf pages 24 to 126

here is the transaction id

https://blockchain.info/tx/b48e3c23cf78d02c2bb124e283ecef53030345d2e9b779f61e2dfdacc39ccf7f

this is a very big pool  72 ph

https://www.f2pool.com/

but well over 14ph is in people under 20th  so this pop ups and downs will happen. due to overclock underclock variance a hot alt 256 coin etc.  real growth not really I don't see much right now.

legendary
Midday bitwisdom update.  It went down slightly, but a lot of people are on  nicehash or rentals.  So hard to tell effect once earnings there drop.

Estimated Next Difficulty:    46,645,374,782 (-2.03%)
Adjust time:    After 1845 Blocks, About 12.8 days
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118
Lie down. Have a cookie
They managed to squeeze it down to .58 watts.

I wasn't following this, but I think the original S4 was supposed to be undervolted to roughly that level? Then they removed that option from the firmware IIRC.

Anyway, I don't think I'll be rushing to buy the S4+, not at this price at least.

Congrats everyone on the diff drop, and the rollover should make it interesting in this round.

I think the s4+ would have to be cut in half for price for people to consider it. Unless someone gets a bulk buy deal at an amazing price.

The only hardware floating around for now will be the stuff that is already out there being used.

Hashrates might change a little as the newest sha-256 alts come start to go full PoS. So we'll probably end around 350-360PH/s also depending on if price goes up for Bitcoin.
legendary

I wasn't following this, but I think the original S4 was supposed to be undervolted to roughly that level? Then they removed that option from the firmware IIRC.

Anyway, I don't think I'll be rushing to buy the S4+, not at this price at least.

Congrats everyone on the diff drop, and the rollover should make it interesting in this round.

Yeah this is good if you have power under 7 cents and 205 volts or more for power.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

legendary

Yes, I saw that several hours ago.

I worry for Bitmaintech when they come out with this rig several months after the S5.  It's just not good for THEIR business.  They should come out with both of them at the same time.  This way they have a better chance of selling the larger form factor with PSU included.  We may not see the 3rd generation until late August or September I'm afraid.  They will want to squeeze this out as long as possible to sell all of the S4+'s they can.  I believe they had a hard time selling all of batch two of the S4 before coming out with the S5 only a couple of months later.  At least they came out with the large form factor a little earlier than last year.  Maybe they will do better with it.

I have no need for the S4+.  I could use the boards to replace my boards in the older S4 Batch 2.  I would be willing to spend money to replace the boards in all five of my S4's.  They stand a better chance of making more money if they would do this.  I know plenty of miners with S4's who do this.  However, the PSU in the present S4 is the issue preventing them from doing this I'm sure.  Maybe they should sell the PSU with the boards as a possible upgrade kit.

I look at the current conditions as a shipwreck but I and many others are on good sturdy lifeboats waiting for rescue.  We have food water all we need to survive for the moment.  I have only new gen gear. It turns a very small profit over power cost. I hang in waiting for  a price spike (a rescue from the lifeboat) .  I have been doing this method for almost 14 months. 

Breaking even  or very small profits as price of btc has dwindled from 814 usd  in feb 2014 to current 225 in apr 2015. 
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
Well nicehash and westhash are mining a shit coin.  close to 7ph   7ph/338ph = 2%

We need to see how long this event lasts.  3 days would be nice. 1 week would be outstanding.

Frankly this shit coin pulling rate from btc is going to happen again and again and again.

Oh bitmaintech announced a s4+ a very interesting price point and piece of gear. I wonder how long they will keep it around this machine represents the ending of the s-3 chip.  They managed to squeeze it down to .58 watts.  which for the s-3 chip is very good. but it is not as good as an s-5

Yes, I saw that several hours ago.

I worry for Bitmaintech when they come out with this rig several months after the S5.  It's just not good for THEIR business.  They should come out with both of them at the same time.  This way they have a better chance of selling the larger form factor with PSU included.  We may not see the 3rd generation until late August or September I'm afraid.  They will want to squeeze this out as long as possible to sell all of the S4+'s they can.  I believe they had a hard time selling all of batch two of the S4 before coming out with the S5 only a couple of months later.  At least they came out with the large form factor a little earlier than last year.  Maybe they will do better with it.

I have no need for the S4+.  I could use the boards to replace my boards in the older S4 Batch 2.  I would be willing to spend money to replace the boards in all five of my S4's.  They stand a better chance of making more money if they would do this.  I know plenty of miners with S4's who do this.  However, the PSU in the present S4 is the issue preventing them from doing this I'm sure.  Maybe they should sell the PSU with the boards as a possible upgrade kit.
legendary
Well people are  renting from nicehash and westhash to mine an alt coin.  close to 7ph   7ph/338ph = 2%

We need to see how long this event lasts.  3 days would be nice. 1 week would be outstanding.

Frankly this alt coin pulling rate from btc is going to happen again and again and again. Not sure if it is good or bad in the long run.  But I am all BTC so I just rent my gear to nice or west hash and make 0.015 or more for the time being.

Oh bitmaintech announced a s4+ a very interesting price point and piece of gear. I wonder how long they will keep it around this machine represents the ending of the s-3 chip.  They managed to squeeze it down to .58 watts.  which for the s-3 chip is very good. but it is not as good as an s-5
legendary
And bitwisdom slowly is creeping up with btc @ around 225:

Estimated Next Difficulty:    46,678,861,755 (-1.96%)
Adjust time:    After 1899 Blocks, About 13.1 days
Hashrate(?):    339,442,806 GH/s
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
I say down, it goes up. I say up, it goes down. I'm going to be more patient this time.

Ah the joys of statistical noise! I'm no better even after calculating all of the statistical variance numbers for a network seeing steady changes (and that's not what we see of course Cheesy). Still, it's fun guessing!
Pages:
Jump to: