Pages:
Author

Topic: Nexus [NXS] - The TAO Framework Tritium, Amine, and Obsidian - page 6. (Read 4162 times)

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588
KryptoKash abandoned the project in 2015, and has since refused to lock the old thread even despite his bad reputation. This is why we have created this new thread, so consider him having no affiliation with the project as it stands. I attempted to work with Theymos to resolve it, but he would not lock it or delete the OP without KryptoKash's permission, which he denied.

Do your best to point everybody to this thread please.

With how things are going on this new management, seems it is much better handled this time.
If it is managed well, it might sustain its presence in binance and bittrex, which are reputable exchanges.
No need to list for other small exchanges but maybe continue to give surprises to its followers.
Activity: 25
Merit: 1
The Nexus Wallet (win 1.0.1) does not close and does not work correctly, regularly Java error  Sad
Activity: 1150
Merit: 347
I synchronized my wallet correctly.
The interesting thing about NXS is that if this ambition of bringing the internet to all people is fulfilled, there will be few projects to hit head on.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
then I apologize, please disregard the bug report above, I was using an old wallet version Smiley  

Switching over now, looks much cleaner and seems like big things are on the horizon Grin The built-in bootstrap downloader is a stroke of genius, and absolutely should be advertised as one of the wallets benefits on nexusearth!
Custom user built themes was also an amazing idea.

I'll be honest, after purchasing many of my NXS well above 10k sats and watching the price recently, I was beginning to get a bit worried. However, this great new wallet, and the statement made about the previous dev no longer being affiliated with the project, my faith is renewed!

Is there any publicly available GPU hashing pool source that anyone knows of? If not I may make an attempt to add it into a yiimp or unomp based pool..... would be much quicker if theres already a source available though.

UPDATE/ISSUE
For starters, im on the newest tritum 1.0.1, and ubuntu 16.04.

windows: Everything seems to work great, and although I have not yet received a stake since switching, I assume that it will work just fine as all of my percentages show up fine (stake, block, trust).

Linux: The wallet loads and seems to run fine, the debug log says core is started, but its stuck at "loading wallet" and will not go further (version 1 and 1.0.1). I am quite sure its simply user error, and was wondering if anyone had any tips to get it started? is there a port I need to forward?
Thank you in advanced to anyone with an answer.

UPDATE
ubuntu 18.04 works fine with tritum 1.0.1, so I must be missing something on my 16.04 Linux pc.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1058
Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io
I know the new wallet is out, however, how do I switch to it and keep my stake rate I have been working hard to grow?  Is there any tutorial?
by new wallet, do you mean the 2.5.5? That is the newest I have been able to find, and just want to ensure im not on the wrong wallet/chain.

So far as I know, you should just be able to stop your current nexus wallet, ensure you backup your wallet.dat just in case, and swap out the .exe (for windows) or the binary (for Linux) file with the new one. Once starting the new wallet and unlocking for minting, you should be at your same staking rate. I believe (not 100% sure) that you are only penalized once your block weight reaches 100% for a certain amount of time. Switching wallets should be a 2-5 minute procedure and shouldn't cause any loss of staking interest percent.

Also, for the dev/team, I have seem to have found a strange bug. When I load a new wallet on a new PC (Linux), sync the blockchain and add my priv keys...…. I have 0 balance but all addresses show properly.. However, if I do the same but insert a wallet.dat (on windows)  all 22k coins show up just fine and begin staking. On Linux I am just using the daemon built from source, on windows im using the pre-built QT. Thought I should report it Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002
I know the new wallet is out, however, how do I switch to it and keep my stake rate I have been working hard to grow?  Is there any tutorial?
So, despite the new Bitcointalk ANN, we are still using the same source/wallets correct? Also is there any known open source pool software for either cpu or gpu hashing channels? id love to setup a pool if possible.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1058
Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io
KryptoKash abandoned the project in 2015, and has since refused to lock the old thread even despite his bad reputation. This is why we have created this new thread, so consider him having no affiliation with the project as it stands. I attempted to work with Theymos to resolve it, but he would not lock it or delete the OP without KryptoKash's permission, which he denied.

Do your best to point everybody to this thread please.
Activity: 339
Merit: 266
Advancing Liberty Through Blockchain
what is going on with op of original thread? been following nexus a long time and the warning on the original thread threw me for a loop. i'm sure no one wants to talk about whatever happened or op's affiliation with nexus, but i would think its in everyone's best interest to clear things up for any newcomers to the project.

What else would you like said?  That is partly why this thread was made.  Viz made a statement that Nexus is not affiliated with KryptoKash and hasn't been for quite some time.  Unfortunately, he hasn't been cooperative on allowing the Original Poster to be changed or lock without his approval.  He hasn't been with the Project for years and has gone on to do his own thing.  As to why he is flagged, I am not sure.  I didn't follow his other crypto endeavors myself.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
what is going on with op of original thread? been following nexus a long time and the warning on the original thread threw me for a loop. i'm sure no one wants to talk about whatever happened or op's affiliation with nexus, but i would think its in everyone's best interest to clear things up for any newcomers to the project.
OK, so after getting a new Qt wallet and synch last night I saw this:

Address-
2RunTvanB6sdauWR5R2g54yWUskAgbUuSYz9EyJ85sUWBK5VZYD  on 04/1/2019

The previous version showed what was what I thought was in there prior to running this one
over night.
This morning I had zero coins. I ran it again today and the same thing occurred showing this amount

1126304.704436 as a Trust type <---> and 0 coins showing.

Not sure what happened. Is this from the hack?

Am I shot outta luck here?
(Have a screen shot, but couldn't get it to load.)

Come to Slack and post details in the #fund-recovery channel.  Slack invite

https://join.slack.com/t/nexusearth/shared_invite/enQtNDUzNDIxOTU4NTUxLTY0MjhlYjA1MjA2MGQyMzEyYWM0ZDM5ODBiOWUwZmY1YzI2Njk0YzI0MTM3MDAwYzlmMDNkZjZjYWY5ZjYxNmM
Activity: 20
OK, so after getting a new Qt wallet and synch last night I saw this:

Address-
2RunTvanB6sdauWR5R2g54yWUskAgbUuSYz9EyJ85sUWBK5VZYD  on 04/1/2019

The previous version showed what was what I thought was in there prior to running this one
over night.
This morning I had zero coins. I ran it again today and the same thing occurred showing this amount

1126304.704436 as a Trust type <---> and 0 coins showing.

Not sure what happened. Is this from the hack?

Am I shot outta luck here?
(Have a screen shot, but couldn't get it to load.)
Any deadline on roadmap ?

When i see rlc/iexec roadmap, Nexus roadmap seems cheap

https://iex.ec/roadmap/
https://trello.com/b/SBLym0gH/iexec-roadmap

No, it shows goals and progress.  This is not a Crave roadmap (if you aren't sure what that is, it's where roadmaps started for crypto projects and it was a PnD scam). 
Activity: 649
Merit: 257
Any deadline on roadmap ?

When i see rlc/iexec roadmap, Nexus roadmap seems cheap

https://iex.ec/roadmap/
https://trello.com/b/SBLym0gH/iexec-roadmap
Activity: 453
Merit: 255
Nice to see fresh topic and road map Smiley
Activity: 602
Merit: 10
Hello, this seems to be a pretty interesting project you've got on you're hands here. Will their be any Bounty campaigns for this poject?
Hah, you must be a random people who random click a thread from the announcement board. I don't think there is a bounty available.
Activity: 9
Best project in crypto.

Huh

The market cap says otherwise.

Market cap will follow when people realize how big this project is. That's why the current price is an absolute steal.

People see that Nexus knows several delays: tritium was announced for 2017. Satellite for march 2019.
There is any roadmap, any usecase

Good project but only on whitepaper.

Yes there were some delays but Tritium is now already on the testnet and currently undergoing a security audit. Actually people can already test it out if they know how to compile from the source code.
Roadmap is probably being worked on and will be out along with the new website.
Use cases - I'd say a lot, SoundVault is one of the first, there are some NDA's so the team cannot disclose more about other business deals.
Activity: 1151
Merit: 260
☆Gaget-Pack☆
Hello, this seems to be a pretty interesting project here. Will their be any Bounty campaigns? Also is there a telegram channel or community on social media?
Pages:
Jump to: