Author

Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come - page 118. (Read 785515 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Hello, have some trouble with w0lfs miner
Windows 7 x64\ latest crimson  16.7.3\AMD Radeon RX 480\no overcloking
http://www.pixic.ru/i/k0Z122y2R0459838.png
with radeon 6870 no problems with all same
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Nexus dev team... I will never sell my coins because of you guys.  Keep up the great work!
legendary
Activity: 812
Thank you for solving wallet problem, so glad to have Bittrex back up.  Look forward to Poloniex add with NXS re-brand. 

Cheers!
Activity: 19
What is the problem though?  NIRO wallet has been up and down on bittrex (at least I've noticed) for the past few weeks.  Is the issue a Nexus - Bittrex one, or Nexus alone?  Or, for that matter, a solely Bittrex problem...?

As I understand, from following slack, all the problems stem from somebody mining directly to the Bittrex wallet.

So, a problem with far less than 1% of the outstanding NIRO has halted functionality for a week+ on the only exchange with any substantial NIRO liquidity.  This tiny error condition could do the same damage next month, based on a small handful of miners who might make the same mistake, that NIRO cannot prevent.  The exact same problem could/could not happen to BTC or ETH.  The probability of someone repeating this error, frankly, is reasonably high.  Somebody correct this analysis, because this is why would-be buyers of NIRO are not buying.  

I believe in the NIRO development team greatly, but these are my concerns.  

Thank you for your faith in our team but most importantly having faith in the community. Like Viz said... this is a silver lining as it is a bug in other cryptocurrencies that has been solved with Nexus First. Other cryptos should take heed of this bug and fix it before it effects them as well.

"videlicet
10:57 AM Neither I nor Richie have seen it before, but the good news with this problem, Nexus is now immune to a bug that every other currency may find sooner or later.
10:57 Since I've dug it out and provided the way to fix it
10:59 Feel free to compile some of the new source and use the -walletclean parameter if you ever find any issues in the balance accounting. I've now put rewriting the wallet class code as higher priority since number of tx's and also how the wallet accounts balances is slow, not scale able, and not suited for our future growth

[...]

videlicet
11:04 AM Yup, it's an issue with berkleeDB
11:05 And the current wallet db code can't handle it gracefully
11:05 Now it can for Nexus"

It seems like yesterday I was 22 years old buying my first stocks, quadrupled then lost it all in 2 years.  Now I've seen many bulls, young men, many bears....tens of thousands of SEC filings.  I've grilled CEO's, seen bubbles and panics, analyzed every type of IPO, seen them come and go, you name it. 

You've just seen high quality management on display, here at NEXUS, in the last 2 weeks: First in the industry to uncover a highly disruptive design flaw.  No excuses, no hiding, just attacking the problem. 

This gentlemen, is why NIRO will be looked back upon 10-years from now, as the first and only needed, resilient blockchain. 

A $2 Million dollar market cap right now.  You don't want to know.
Activity: 204
Merit: 137
SmileyGnome
Either way community... its bout time. I am super excited that markets and wallets are all functioning and development is pushing on!

Activity: 204
Merit: 137
SmileyGnome
What is the problem though?  NIRO wallet has been up and down on bittrex (at least I've noticed) for the past few weeks.  Is the issue a Nexus - Bittrex one, or Nexus alone?  Or, for that matter, a solely Bittrex problem...?

As I understand, from following slack, all the problems stem from somebody mining directly to the Bittrex wallet.

So, a problem with far less than 1% of the outstanding NIRO has halted functionality for a week+ on the only exchange with any substantial NIRO liquidity.  This tiny error condition could do the same damage next month, based on a small handful of miners who might make the same mistake, that NIRO cannot prevent.  The exact same problem could/could not happen to BTC or ETH.  The probability of someone repeating this error, frankly, is reasonably high.  Somebody correct this analysis, because this is why would-be buyers of NIRO are not buying.  

Thank you for your faith in our team but most importantly having faith in the community. Like Viz said... this is a silver lining as it is a bug in other cryptocurrencies that has been solved with Nexus First. Other cryptos should take heed of this bug and fix it before it effects them as well.

"videlicet
10:57 AM Neither I nor Richie have seen it before, but the good news with this problem, Nexus is now immune to a bug that every other currency may find sooner or later.
10:59 Feel free to compile some of the new source and use the -walletclean parameter if you ever find any issues in the balance accounting. I've now put rewriting the wallet class code as higher priority since number of tx's and also how the wallet accounts balances is slow, not scale able, and not suited for our future growth

[...]

videlicet
11:05 Now it can for Nexus"
Activity: 647
Merit: 260
Bittrex wallet New :

Source https://nexusearth.slack.com

videlicet

[...]

videlicet
11:05 Now it can for Nexus

Thank you for informing us. That is good news.
Activity: 318
Merit: 250
Nexus pool : http://nexusniropool.cestballot.fr/
Bittrex wallet New :

Source https://nexusearth.slack.com

videlicet

[...]

videlicet
11:05 Now it can for Nexus

legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite
Still no wallet on Bittrex? Whats taking so long to re-activate it?

Some idiotic miners are still mining to Bittrex add.
We are working on solution how to confiscate their funds and deactivate their Bittrex accounts.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Still no wallet on Bittrex? Whats taking so long to re-activate it?
Activity: 8
Anyone, please help! Can't open sln file of nvidia miner. VS 2015 rejects it with no extra info Huh

Probably Missing CUDA project type support in VS2015. If you right click the project and do a reload you'll see the error message.
Try installing this: https://developer.nvidia.com/nsight-visual-studio-edition-downloads (with all the prerequisites)
You'll need user and password to download which you can just get from here: http://bugmenot.com/view/developer.nvidia.com

Thank you! Intalled it, but still have some unresolved paths:
Code:
..\boost_1_56_0
D:\CudaVersions\mpir-2.6.0\build.vc10\x64\Release
..\pthreads\Pre-built.2\lib\x64
etc..

It will take a lot of time to fix all dependencies Cry
Maybe someone had already bored with compilation for windows? It is not fear to have AMD compiled and no Nvidia binaries Grin
Activity: 291
Anyone, please help! Can't open sln file of nvidia miner. VS 2015 rejects it with no extra info Huh

Probably Missing CUDA project type support in VS2015. If you right click the project and do a reload you'll see the error message.
Try installing this: https://developer.nvidia.com/nsight-visual-studio-edition-downloads (with all the prerequisites)
You'll need user and password to download which you can just get from here: http://bugmenot.com/view/developer.nvidia.com
Activity: 8
Activity: 647
Merit: 260

Thank You for your reasonable thoughts and support! Im with you on both ends!

Exactly.   Maybe I will test this theory once the Trex wallet is back online.  If i don't someone else will.

So I am thinking that the speed reported in these programs is not accurate.

Yeah..I think too...  Sad

From my observations I think you may be on to something.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
So I am thinking that the speed reported in these programs is not accurate.

Yeah..I think too...  Sad
legendary
I just found a crypto podcast with "Hex" from Cryptopia as a guest, August 6th https://soundcloud.com/errorbytrial/blockchain-dynamics-episode-23-862016#t=2:14
legendary
What is the problem though?  NIRO wallet has been up and down on bittrex (at least I've noticed) for the past few weeks.  Is the issue a Nexus - Bittrex one, or Nexus alone?  Or, for that matter, a solely Bittrex problem...?

I agree.  I have not had any issues trading on Cryptopia.  Deposits and withdrawals are very fast.

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=NIRO_BTC
Activity: 19

Jump to: