Author

Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come - page 160. (Read 785514 times)

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1058
Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io
Timing is a part of proper marketing Conqueror  Wink

Pineapples, PM me a screenshot please.

Thank You,
Viz.
Activity: 799
Merit: 1000
this coin has ZERO marketing, only can wait for pnd (sorry to say)

I think for the moment is good  that it doesn't have much marketing as the wallet takes AGES to load and the nice features haven't been put into Nexus yet, though after some update and faster wallet load yeah, better marketing is needed and more exchanges.

Marketing is for pnd coins, Nexus will stand on its own merits given time to mature and evolve its planned features. Just need to be patient with this one, rome wasn't built in a day and all that...
legendary
Activity: 1204
to your stations, man the pineapples!!!
Pineapples I verified the transaction is on chain, have you tried running repairwallet in your rpc console?

Thank You,
Viz.

I've tried everything I can think of.
repairwallet.
checkwallet.
rescan.
Resyncing from scratch.
Importing privkey into a syncronised client.
Copying the wallet.dat into a fully syncronised client.

Nothing works.
(I think I've also tried rescan but I can't recall 100%, so am just trying it again).

Is there someway to use existing chain as a bootstrap? Or otherwise force a reindex?

Also I can't access the console in the Ubuntu client.
Activity: 86
Merit: 10

I think for the moment is good  that it doesn't have much marketing as the wallet takes AGES to load and the nice features haven't been put into Nexus yet, though after some update and faster wallet load yeah, better marketing is needed and more exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 1526
the grandpa of cryptos
legendary
It means a block chain that can have virtually unlimited tx/s securely, and near instant transactions while maintaining a cryptographic structure that does not sacrifice any sense of security. The addition and layering of these two new structures integrated with the block chain will allow this to happen.

And maximum block size will only need to be 50 - 100 kb Wink

Thank You,
Viz.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I'm working on much more than just database optimization, this is just to lay the foundation for the new infrastructure.

Block Chain, Merkle Chain, and Transaction Chain Wink

Thank You,
Viz.

The first Blockchain with Multi-Threading technology is coming soon people, its name is Nexus  Wink

What's that mean?
I'm working on much more than just database optimization, this is just to lay the foundation for the new infrastructure.

Thank You,
Viz.

The first Blockchain with Multi-Threading technology is coming soon people, its name is Nexus  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite

Thank You,
Viz.

What does Merkle Chain means???
legendary
Activity: 1050
Videlicet where can i find nvidia windows pool miner
legendary

Thank You,
Viz.
Testnet release will be for next mandatory update (0.22) for Trust Keys since we are changing consensus rules, good to make sure network runs smoothly with new rules, etc.

This next update 0.2.1 will be a soft update (not mandatory), since it won't change any consensus rules. So once done I'll release as Beta to work on Main Net, once we ensure it functions how we would all like it to we can move it to final release candidate. During this time frame I can concentrate on the new update 0.22.

Thank You,
Viz.

Hehe fishing for time frames but u not letting on lol nvm. Looking forward to next one just for the faster load up time. Takes bloody ages just to load the wallet yet alone sync.
legendary
Testnet release will be for next mandatory update (0.22) for Trust Keys since we are changing consensus rules, good to make sure network runs smoothly with new rules, etc.

This next update 0.2.1 will be a soft update (not mandatory), since it won't change any consensus rules. So once done I'll release as Beta to work on Main Net, once we ensure it functions how we would all like it to we can move it to final release candidate. During this time frame I can concentrate on the new update 0.22.

Thank You,
Viz.
You are currently not vulnerable since we use direct IP's for seed nodes, but when I add domains in new update I will ensure the binaries are not vulnerable.

Update is coming along, new database works well, rewriting the indexing, and then a database migration for first run with new update. This will prevent you from needing to re-sync with update, and speed up the core significantly as the database has been a large bottleneck.

Next on list can be protocol upgrades using LLP or Trust Key reactivation / decay algorithm. I'm going to reset all trust keys, so if you produce a trust transaction within 1 day of update your oldest key will reactivate and carry the trust of the time since its genesis, and continue on the new algorithm from there forward.

Thank You,
Viz.

Sounds gd. When u aiming for test net? Know u like to run it a gd week before any update and that's if nothing wrong.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
I agree with the later part, that way people can read exactly what they want to, and how it benefits nexus.

Btw, I had someone compile Wolf's binary, but it turns out that it doesn't work, thought I'd let you know.

I'm curious to know what didn't work. I can compile WIn64 binaries using my own cross tools, but cannot test them.
legendary
You are currently not vulnerable since we use direct IP's for seed nodes, but when I add domains in new update I will ensure the binaries are not vulnerable. If you compile yourself with Linux make sure to update your glibc.

Update is coming along, new database works well, rewriting the indexing, and then a database migration for first run with new update. This will prevent you from needing to re-sync with update, and speed up the core significantly as the database has been a large bottleneck.

Next on list can be protocol upgrades using LLP or Trust Key reactivation / decay algorithm. I'm going to reset all trust keys, so if you produce a trust transaction within 1 day of update time lock your oldest key will reactivate and carry the trust of the time since its genesis, and continue on the new algorithm from there forward.

Thank You,
Viz.

Vulnerability is a buffer overflow in send_vc when you call getaddrinfo function which is part of the DNS resolver, send_vc is to send data through the socket. We don't use DNS resolving currently, but when I send out new update with DNS seeding I'll be sure to patch the linked glibc libraries with patch to resolve. If you run Linux and have compiled from GitHub remember to update your glibc and recompile with new update when DNS is added to ensure you are not vulnerable.

Thank You,
Viz.

That mean update soon then?
legendary
Vulnerability is a buffer overflow in send_vc when you call getaddrinfo function which is part of the DNS resolver. We don't use DNS resolving currently since seed nodes are hard coded IP's, but when I send out new update with domains rather than IP's for seeding I'll be sure to patch the linked glibc libraries.

If you run Linux and have compiled from GitHub remember to update your glibc and recompile with new update when DNS is added to ensure you are not vulnerable. Currently you are not vulnerable, but you could become vulnerable when I migrate from IP's to Domains for seed nodes.

Thank You,
Viz.

Edit: slight re-formating and extra clarification
Yes will make boot very quick no matter chain size, updating static links of glibc even though currently we are not vulnerable since the seed nodes are IP based, but good practice.

Thank You,
Viz.

Still not sure how that vulnerability works,but thanks for the update.
Jump to: