Author

Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come - page 174. (Read 785514 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
this coin seems a pnd, but of other kind - devs shown who they are, made peopel believe, now they bought cheap and they will pump in future again.
Activity: 799
I was reading something about quantum computing lately.
So if we have 160 quibits computer and let it search minimum energy state to match some wallet add... BTC is pretty much f'cked?
Private keys broken instantly.

Seems like D-Wave computer is already above 1000 quibits, luckily it fight heavy noise created by interacting with non-quantum control system.

Anybody to unroll discussion on this topic?

D-wave's system is only faster than traditional computers for some very specific problems and even then that is contested by many in the field as to the validity of the claims. You could think of d-wave a bit like an asic it is only able perform specific tasks for which it was designed for everything else its just an extremely expensive paper weight Smiley

Well having 160 positions of 1's and 0's at the same time is equal to breaking all private keys to complete space of all possible adds...
And from what I understand this is the very specific problem quantum computers excel in.
You have all private keys and just let it it search for lowest energy solution meeting specific add.

My understanding is that dwave systems are not able to efficiently run the specific tasks that would enable it to crack private keys. What would be required is either a general purpose quantum computer that is more efficient than a traditional computer or one that is designed specifically to do the algo's mentioned in this link, https://www.quora.com/What-will-quantum-computing-such-as-D-Wave-do-to-bitcoin-mining
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite
So if we have 160 quibits computer and let it search minimum energy state to match some wallet add... BTC is pretty much f'cked?

Seems like D-Wave computer is already above 1000 quibits, luckily it fight heavy noise created by interacting with non-quantum control system.

D-wave's system is only faster than traditional computers for some very specific problems and even then that is contested by many in the field as to the validity of the claims. You could think of d-wave a bit like an asic it is only able perform specific tasks for which it was designed for everything else its just an extremely expensive paper weight Smiley

Well having 160 positions of 1's and 0's at the same time is equal to breaking all private keys to complete space of all possible adds...
And from what I understand this is the very specific problem quantum computers excel in.
You have all private keys and just let it it search for lowest energy solution meeting specific add.

legendary

legendary
Hello Nexus community 

It's a busy time of year right now so communication is limited to essentials.  Thank you for posting all information to help Viz with technical issues.  All of the information and concerns is noticed and discussed on our Slack channel.  Feel free to join anytime as well.   

https://nexusoft.slack.com/

Smiley

hmm, registration want @nexusoft.io email
how to get one?
legendary
Activity: 1274
I know I'm late to the party here....

But I think the signatures could be much better.  Anyone willing to go in with me to provide a btc bounty for an epic sig?

I'll put .05 BTC in the pot.
Activity: 339
Merit: 266
Advancing Liberty Through Blockchain
Hello Nexus community 

It's a busy time of year right now so communication is limited to essentials.  Thank you for posting all information to help Viz with technical issues.  All of the information and concerns is noticed and discussed on our Slack channel.  Feel free to join anytime as well.   

Smiley

Tokyo, how does one go about getting an invitation to the slack channel? 

PM me with an email address or email [email protected]
legendary
Activity: 1274
Hello Nexus community 

Smiley

Tokyo, how does one go about getting an invitation to the slack channel? 

legendary
Activity: 812
Hello Nexus community 

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1204
to your stations, man the pineapples!!!
Interesting, can you send me some debug.log files please? [email protected]

Thank You,
Viz.

i did a pm here. hope that's cool.

If you can email him the debug.log that will definitely help him narrow down the issue.

yeh i've uploaded them and pm'ed him with the address.

Thank You,
Viz.

If you can email him the debug.log that will definitely help him narrow down the issue.
legendary
Activity: 1204
to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

Thank You,
Viz.

The loading should be fixed in the next update.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 565
I'm still having issues with maintaining connections in the wallet only now unfortunately deleting addr.dat doesn't seem to help. Stuck with only 2 connections which is causing many orphans Sad

I had same issue and just keep trying the delete addr.dat and then after a lot of times it made good connections.
I did try 3 times without result if only the wallet didnt take so long to load lol.

mine loaded very slow too. how to make this faster.  Huh
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I'm still having issues with maintaining connections in the wallet only now unfortunately deleting addr.dat doesn't seem to help. Stuck with only 2 connections which is causing many orphans Sad

I had same issue and just keep trying the delete addr.dat and then after a lot of times it made good connections.
I did try 3 times without result if only the wallet didnt take so long to load lol.

does take bloody ages. hope this is fixed in next update

Activity: 1344
Merit: 565

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Made some updates to the Wiki on Github using some of the new white paper content. If you think there is more that can be explained clearer, please let me know.
https://github.com/Nexusoft/Nexus/wiki

Thank You,
Viz.

Still aiming for next release to be by end of year? Be a nice new years present for niro to be worth 2000+ Smiley
Jump to: