Author

Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come - page 209. (Read 785514 times)

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1058
Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io
You can laugh until you're blue in the face, it won't change the Truth. Good luck with it Wink

Thank You,
Viz.
Activity: 910
Merit: 503
From 0.12 BTC to 2.8 BTC volume congrats! Oh wait, 2.68 BTC of NIRO dumped. You can thank your fudding dev for that, now get the hell out of this trainwreck before you lose all your lunch money

Activity: 1666
Merit: 701
Activity: 896
Merit: 501
Activity: 466
Merit: 250

I am talking about NUMBERS, mathematics, and facts, and in mathematics "much more" does not exist, also in economic "much more" does not exist.
especially in investment " much more " could only mean "stupid and emotional investor"

In investment is calculated, risk/reward ratio, and ROI.
answer to me with numbers, facts, and your calculations. especially this "much more" calculations

Actually ur talking bullshit and have been for days.

5x 280x rig using ~ 1300w consumes 31.2kwh/day @ $0.2kwh = $4.63 usd per day power cost. Returns average 2k niro per day ~ .01 btc per day or $2.86 usd, which is net loss of $1.77 usd per day.

1 pos rig (raspberry pi for eg) using ~ 4w consumes 0.096kwh/day @ $.2kwh = $0.01 usd per day. Now is the complicated part because it is hard to get average daily stake amount accurately because the interest rate is increasing the longer you stake, so we need to make some assumptions. Lets assume u are going to first stake 50k niro to full interest rate of 3% then stake for 1 year. 50000 x 1.03 = 51500 so in 1 year u have 1500 more niro again we don't know what niro will be worth in a year but lets for simplicity sake say the price is the same as it is now. 1500 x .00000528 = 0.00792 btc or $2.15 usd. Power cost for 1 year of staking $3.65 usd which is net loss of $1.5 usd per year.
Now consider the cost of hardware raspberry pi cost $25 usd, 5 used 280x cost $1000 usd + psu + cpu mb ram etc etc (~ $800 or so there)
You might live somewhere power is cheaper than it is for me... so if ur power was $.1kwh u could make a massive ~$.55 per day with 5 gpu rig but in 1 year you will only make ~ $200 usd profit at cost of $1800 of hardware. Pos mining could cost $1.83 per year and return $2.15 or net profit of $0.32 at a cost of $25 for hardware.
So as you can see really neither of these methods of mining are actually profitable unless the price of niro goes up... Gpu mining has a much higher entry price and carries much greater risk, Pos has very low entry price and therefore much less risk.
No doubt you will have some stupid counter argument about "facts" and "numbers" at which point I will gladly click on "Ignore"
 Grin

Thanks so much. when you talk with numbers, everything is clear.
Again thanks for Your contributions with this detail calculations.

Activity: 799
Merit: 1000

I am talking about NUMBERS, mathematics, and facts, and in mathematics "much more" does not exist, also in economic "much more" does not exist.
especially in investment " much more " could only mean "stupid and emotional investor"

answer to me with numbers, facts, and your calculations. especially this "much more" calculations

Actually ur talking bullshit and have been for days.

5x 280x rig using ~ 1300w consumes 31.2kwh/day @ $0.2kwh = $4.63 usd per day power cost. Returns average 2k niro per day ~ .01 btc per day or $2.86 usd, which is net loss of $1.77 usd per day.

1 pos rig (raspberry pi for eg) using ~ 4w consumes 0.096kwh/day @ $.2kwh = $0.01 usd per day. Now is the complicated part because it is hard to get average daily stake amount accurately because the interest rate is increasing the longer you stake, so we need to make some assumptions. Lets assume u are going to first stake 50k niro to full interest rate of 3% then stake for 1 year. 50000 x 1.03 = 51500 so in 1 year u have 1500 more niro again we don't know what niro will be worth in a year but lets for simplicity sake say the price is the same as it is now. 1500 x .00000528 = 0.00792 btc or $2.15 usd. Power cost for 1 year of staking $3.65 usd which is net loss of $1.5 usd per year.

Now consider the cost of hardware raspberry pi cost $25 usd, 5 used 280x cost $1000 usd + psu + cpu mb ram etc etc (~ $800 or so there)

You might live somewhere power is cheaper than it is for me... so if ur power was $.1kwh u could make a massive ~$.55 per day with 5 gpu rig but in 1 year you will only make ~ $200 usd profit at cost of $1800 of hardware. Pos mining could cost $1.83 per year and return $2.15 or net profit of $0.32 at a cost of $25 for hardware.
So as you can see really neither of these methods of mining are actually profitable unless the price of niro goes up... Gpu mining has a much higher entry price and carries much greater risk, Pos has very low entry price and therefore much less risk.

No doubt you will have some stupid counter argument about "facts" and "numbers" at which point I will gladly click on "Ignore"

Grin

Activity: 318
LOL at the VNL shills.  No doubt we will pass when your on the way back down!

this is best explanations of big disproportions between nero channels.
If we agree about
fact 1 mining = pos= generate blok = make blockchain = live network
fact 2 coins is REWARD for mining or pos
in niro is big disproportions for miners with gpu, cpu and miners with POS.

in other words , for all crypto design main problem is FAIR coin distributions.
and fair reward for ALL network participants/ worker /miner/ investor/  

Miners using gpu/cpu have invested much more in hardware and power cost than pos miners its only fair they get greater reward. Also most pos coins have 1-5% interest at most, the ones that have more usually die a fast death due to excessive inflation.

This has to be some of the lowest quality fud around GJ.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 910
Merit: 503
Activity: 966
Merit: 550
More nodes staking does help secure the nPoS channel yes, so thank you for helping Smiley

As to Trust Key expiration if you don't stake for 1 day your key will expire requiring you to get another genesis transaction and create a new trust key starting at 0.5% interest. Most likely going to increase the expiration time to 1 week or month, depending on what you guys would like so if you have suggestions to how long you would like the expiration time to be, let me know Smiley

Vanilla has had a lot of attention, but under false pretense such as: The Angel Investor was actually John Conner.
There are also some false claims such as their staking being more energy efficient, when it is an exact line for line clone of Peercoin, just rewritten in C++ 11.

Another thing for you VNL holders, don't trust Zero Time. I found some flaws in it that would allow successful double spends at zero confirmations without 51% of network power, I'm writing a report for a friend about it and other positives / negatives with its claims / actual results.

But on another note, I'd like to extend my appreciation to everyone for helping make Nexus what it is, don't forget: By the People, for the People. To me, Nexus isn't just about profit, it's about freeing ourselves from a system designed to keep us enslaved, the more everyone works together, the more chances we have at this Freedom.

Cooperation, not Competition
We Are Nexus1

Be a good sport and show the flaws instead of just posting things like this. The whole idea of the test network is for people to test it, so if you found something let the VNL dev know. I seriously doubt that you have though  Grin

If he had anything he would have posted proof via testnet else the full code and draft isn't up on github yet, but yeah, he obviously found a flaw and will report it to his "friend" instead of revealing it. Trust him, he is a respected clone dev.

Exactly, he's trying to bring unwarranted attention to this "project" by luring in VNL holders. It worked, somewhat, but it's just mindless FUD. No proof, no nothing.
Well good luck with this walletbuilders.com coin lads, if you ever feel the need to FUD another coin, choose one from which you can actually win.

Normally I am all pro broship between coins, but you just outed yourself as a pathetic little bunch, so I'll end with a heartfelt FU

Goodnight

Clone of what lol stupid shills go post somewhere else.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001
180 BPM
More nodes staking does help secure the nPoS channel yes, so thank you for helping Smiley

As to Trust Key expiration if you don't stake for 1 day your key will expire requiring you to get another genesis transaction and create a new trust key starting at 0.5% interest. Most likely going to increase the expiration time to 1 week or month, depending on what you guys would like so if you have suggestions to how long you would like the expiration time to be, let me know Smiley

Vanilla has had a lot of attention, but under false pretense such as: The Angel Investor was actually John Conner.
There are also some false claims such as their staking being more energy efficient, when it is an exact line for line clone of Peercoin, just rewritten in C++ 11.

Another thing for you VNL holders, don't trust Zero Time. I found some flaws in it that would allow successful double spends at zero confirmations without 51% of network power, I'm writing a report for a friend about it and other positives / negatives with its claims / actual results.

But on another note, I'd like to extend my appreciation to everyone for helping make Nexus what it is, don't forget: By the People, for the People. To me, Nexus isn't just about profit, it's about freeing ourselves from a system designed to keep us enslaved, the more everyone works together, the more chances we have at this Freedom.

We Are Nexus1

Be a good sport and show the flaws instead of just posting things like this. The whole idea of the test network is for people to test it, so if you found something let the VNL dev know. I seriously doubt that you have though  Grin

If he had anything he would have posted proof via testnet else the full code and draft isn't up on github yet, but yeah, he obviously found a flaw and will report it to his "friend" instead of revealing it. Trust him, he is a respected clone dev.

If we agree about

Miners using gpu/cpu have invested much more in hardware and power cost than pos miners its only fair they get greater reward. Also most pos coins have 1-5% interest at most, the ones that have more usually die a fast death due to excessive inflation.

I would prefer trust key expiration to be somewhere between 14-21 days.  I go skiing during the winter and try to have a holiday/break from computers etc.  

I would also prefer a higher interest rate maximum, although I am well aware of inflationary risks.  At the moment the interest is not important to me as I can mine more in 15 mins than I get from staking for a day, but in the future it could be different.  Maybe %5-7.

I understand the additional security nPOS provides to the other channels.

I can mine more in 15 mins than I get from staking for a day,

If we agree about

Proof of Stake

Community Input on nPoS
I'll probably increase trust key expiration to 1 week, so that there is more freedom for stakers to still build their interest rate, but also allow natural circumstances of life to not force its expiration. If you would like a different expiration time, do let me know. As I said, its up to the community what values we use for nPoS, so speak up to the trust key expiration time you would like, and I will be happy to implement it. The same could be said for Maximum Interest rate, I'll implement what we can agree on.

Reserves
Reserves on main site are 1 block back, reserves in wallet are the next block's reserve amounts so this is why these numbers could differ slightly.

Sk Miner
Yes miners crashing definitely has to be with the build, what versions of SKMiner have issues?

Thank You,
Viz.

3% is already a higher interest rate than you would get from saving traditional money in a savings account (at least currently)

Reserve stats differ greatly from info tab in the debug console to the values shown when u do "getmininginfo" in the console. For example there is a 3101 difference in those stats on the hashing channel currently (block 353210).

I'm not sure of actual version but it was the one most recently released by djm34, previous build v1.2 seems 100% stable.

There has been some talk recently about Gpu pool I think this should be a priority at this point.

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
I talking about facts.
From your post i undestand we agree abaut fact 1.
Fact 1. /  mining and POS is the same. purpose is generating NEW blok.
so what next. they have same purpose, they are 2 different ways to accomplish this purpose

fact 2
now we talk about reward.
reward in coins could be zero  to  whatever per blok.
Yes or no. ?
i think your wasting space or this could be discussed elsewhere.
yes it could be zero to infinity. if its zero there is no incentive to waste work for nothing as even if the cost is a few watts power for POS is still disincentive
Activity: 318
This is what I mean about the difference in reserves, a bit more than a slight difference.

I would prefer trust key expiration to be somewhere between 14-21 days.  I go skiing during the winter and try to have a holiday/break from computers etc. 

I would also prefer a higher interest rate maximum, although I am well aware of inflationary risks.  At the moment the interest is not important to me as I can mine more in 15 mins than I get from staking for a day, but in the future it could be different.  Maybe %5-7.

I understand the additional security nPOS provides to the other channels.
Activity: 966
Merit: 550

We Are Nexus

Jump to: