Author

Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come - page 339. (Read 785514 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250
Sorry Guys :/

It's probably because its pushing your processors harder now so it's hitting the fault faster.

In my case I'm now seeing almost a 4x increase and it will work on the long run for 15 minutes... If you were using 4x less processing power it kind of makes sense that it would last around an hour until it hit the fault.

Re-mined every hour?
Who has time to operate this way?

There have been numerous posts explaining how to create a simple batch file (windows) or bash script (*nix) to continually restart the miner if it crashes.  Just check back through the last few pages. This means that you can just leave them running, and they will restart straight away if they crash.

Without success, to ask specifically how to operate, thank you!
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1058
Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io
@Viz, how are you going to fight botnets mining CoinShield?
I think one of the best way is to have a USB-stick with some key inserted to the mining computer

This will be looked into when I have more checks off of my TODO list. Thanks to Bitslapper compiling x64 binaries, I can now move onto helping him finish the GPU miner by the next channel launch. This is #1 priority right now.

The best way I have seen to defeat a botnet is to make the memory requirements very high, so that it makes the older computers unable to run it. This is a tricky situation to distinguish the difference between a server farm, and a botnet. I would leave it to Pool operators to do the filtering from their Pool backend once they come live. Otherwise we could end up banning honest nodes.

Viz.
Activity: 666
Merit: 500
@Viz, how are you going to fight botnets mining CoinShield?
I think one of the best way is to have a USB-stick with some key inserted to the mining computer
Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

It's probably because its pushing your processors harder now so it's hitting the fault faster.

In my case I'm now seeing almost a 4x increase and it will work on the long run for 15 minutes... If you were using 4x less processing power it kind of makes sense that it would last around an hour until it hit the fault.

Re-mined every hour?

There have been numerous posts explaining how to create a simple batch file (windows) or bash script (*nix) to continually restart the miner if it crashes.  Just check back through the last few pages. This means that you can just leave them running, and they will restart straight away if they crash.

Re-mined every hour?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Did not improve much worse than
No more than three minutes, it stopped working!
Very bad!
Sorry guys, it is not the same code I was looking at earlier today. The code has been enhanced to include a sieve, and without it, the search was extremely inefficient. Sometime today or tomorrow I am going to experiment with a small primorial and compile the code using the GMP library and release the source. Some of you will see a decent increase in performance.

That's awesome.  One of these days I really have to learn how to use GMP, as so many miners get released that would benefit from being ported to use it.

If you can figure out the segmentation fault too... Smiley   We added a mutex around what we thought was the culprit but it is still happening - It's driving me nuts!

CPU Primeminer Binaries: I went from 8 PPS to 14 PPS from x32 to x64! Everyone give some tips to Bitslapper!

Windows x86
Windows x64

Viz.
Improved speed
But the work of a few minutes
Will prompt mine stopped working!
: BEGIN
miner.exe 127.0.0.1 9325 6
GOTO BEGIN
Activity: 278
Sorry guys, it is not the same code I was looking at earlier today. The code has been enhanced to include a sieve, and without it, the search was extremely inefficient. Sometime today or tomorrow I am going to experiment with a small primorial and compile the code using the GMP library and release the source. Some of you will see a decent increase in performance.
@Videlicet

I do not understand your code:
https://github.com/VidereLicet/primeminer/blob/master/prime.cpp

Would you please explain what it is doing?

Hey supercomputing, I've followed your outstanding enhancements on other coin miners, particularly XPM, so I fully trust your ability to read and understand this code.  So with that in mind, and for the benefit of Viz and others, what parts of this need explaining as that is a pretty open question? Smiley
Activity: 278
@Videlicet

I do not understand your code:
https://github.com/VidereLicet/primeminer/blob/master/prime.cpp

Would you please explain what it is doing?
In my signature Smiley

Thank you for the tips everyone!

sent you my second block
wouldve been the first but that was only 7 coins and 42's a quality number  Cheesy

Lol!

Awesome ty Smiley
new record! difficulty is rising

getmininginfo
01:43:00
{
"blocks" : 2156,
"currentblocksize" : 1287,
"currentblocktx" : 1,
"difficulty" : 4.23357090,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"pooledtx" : 1,
"testnet" : false
}
legendary
Activity: 1050
In my signature Smiley

sent you my second block
wouldve been the first but that was only 7 coins and 42's a quality number  Cheesy
In my signature Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1050
CPU Primeminer Binaries: I went from 8 PPS to 14 PPS from x32 to x64! Everyone give some tips to Bitslapper!

Windows x86
Windows x64

Viz.

massive increase in hash speeds awesome  Cool

what's the address for donation? I take it its a CSD addy Wink
@Viz, we need a pool ASAP.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1058
Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io

Windows x86
Windows x64

Viz.
To ensure Viz sees this please start a new thread here and describe exactly what happened: http://coinshieldtalk.org/forum/coin/technical-support
ok!

p.s. Guys, please tip BitSlapper for compiling a working x64 miner! -> 2QscvkN2ddvKHhQZD9RjYS6nGXSLSSgQYJ6peCCXV8RNP8FZj2r
Jump to: