Author

Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come - page 335. (Read 785514 times)

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1058
Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io
Everyone,

I checked through Supercomputing's code, currently his optimization is only for difficulty 4.x which will not be sustainable for long, especially when it is released [Difficulty will go over 5x]. I've been seeing difficulty climbing up to 4.9. Each 0.1 increase in difficulty is a 5x increase in time required to find. This is why no blocks have been seen by small miners, I haven't seen one for a day or so.

I am testing a fix for the segmentation faults, and made some optimizations myself. I've been running that for the past 12 hours on testnet and it seems to be stable, so I'll get to cleaning up this code and upload new binaries and GitHub. PPS increase from 40 to 55 PPS.

I'll release an optimized miner with Supercomputing's updates once I verify his code's full functionality. I'll be working on getting his optimizations working for all difficulty sizes, sent him an e-mail about the same. I have to understand his code and verify its functionality before I release it.

I'll keep you guys posted,
Viz.
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
I get a block per day with the Windows x64 miner, maybe it's just luck?

I have a Core i7 3930k and I'm only using 4 threads.

How many PPS do you have with that i7?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
I get a block per day with the Windows x64 miner, maybe it's just luck?

I have a Core i7 3930k and I'm only using 4 threads.
Activity: 161
I am too, no coin anymore, strongest person earn all coins.

Something is up...

I started mining this about 24 hours ago. In the first 12 hours I managed to find 30 blocks with 14 high end cpus. After updating to the latest wallet and 64bit miner I have found 0 blocks in these last 12 hours. The difficulty has remained the same around 4 the whole time.

Has anyone found any blocks since updating their wallets and miners?

Have you worked out the block rate?  Maybe someone has a significantly enhanced miner and is just getting all of the blocks before you... 

On a totally different and not in any way related note, I stopped mining around 36 hours ago, around the time that SuperComputer started working on improving the miner.  I noticed from his debug output screenshots that he was mining consecutive blocks.  Not sure whether it was on the test net or not though.  I'll start mining again when Viz releases the new miner with SuperComputer's update (or has that already happened?Huh)
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
not yet viz said he'd do it today

Got the miner enhancements. Kids are up at daybreak, so I'm off to bed. I'll get to this first thing in the morning. I'm also working on the two issues: segmentation fault and failed to update height.

Keep posted.
Viz.
Activity: 820
Something is up...

I started mining this about 24 hours ago. In the first 12 hours I managed to find 30 blocks with 14 high end cpus. After updating to the latest wallet and 64bit miner I have found 0 blocks in these last 12 hours. The difficulty has remained the same around 4 the whole time.

Have you worked out the block rate?  Maybe someone has a significantly enhanced miner and is just getting all of the blocks before you... 

On a totally different and not in any way related note, I stopped mining around 36 hours ago, around the time that SuperComputer started working on improving the miner.  I noticed from his debug output screenshots that he was mining consecutive blocks.  Not sure whether it was on the test net or not though.  I'll start mining again when Viz releases the new miner with SuperComputer's update (or has that already happened?Huh)
legendary
Activity: 1050
Something is up...

not one here since update :/ was getting 4-5 a day before updating, 2*i5's 1*i3 and an athlon II x4

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing
Something is up...

legendary
Activity: 1260
All good man, thanks for the update.

Still have not been able to earn any coin, looking forward to seeing a non zero balance in this long awaited project:-) 

I just noticed I have been referring to you as "Vic" and not "Viz"........apologies for that!
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1058
Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io
Got the miner enhancements. Kids are up at daybreak, so I'm off to bed. I'll get to this first thing in the morning. I'm also working on the two issues: segmentation fault and failed to update height.

Keep posted.
Viz.
legendary
Make sure all blocks is updated in your wallet,.

you should update wallet too, I got that error yesterday. After updating wallet, problem is solved.

Sorry if I missed this but all I get running the miner is "failed to update height".  I see there is an updated miner coming shortly so will wait for that, but thought I would try again as there was an update since I last tried.  Before it just crashed after a few minutes, now only this error.

The Wallet needs to be running when you run the miner. Also you need to get both the updated wallet and miner not just one of the updated pieces.

Yeah I downloaded the latest walletn redownloaded the blockchain and used the newer miner.  Downloaded both from Vic's latest post where he linked them.

As I stated, I did in fact update both the wallet and miner from Vic's last post.  In checking the wallet again, I am running the wallet dated 9-26.

Just checked and tested everything again.  I am definitely running the wallet and miner dated 9-26.  My wallet shows synced and getmininginfo shows I am on block 4262.  Ran miner again, still same error "failed to update height".
Make sure all blocks is updated in your wallet,.

you should update wallet too, I got that error yesterday. After updating wallet, problem is solved.

Sorry if I missed this but all I get running the miner is "failed to update height".  I see there is an updated miner coming shortly so will wait for that, but thought I would try again as there was an update since I last tried.  Before it just crashed after a few minutes, now only this error.

The Wallet needs to be running when you run the miner. Also you need to get both the updated wallet and miner not just one of the updated pieces.

Yeah I downloaded the latest walletn redownloaded the blockchain and used the newer miner.  Downloaded both from Vic's latest post where he linked them.

As I stated, I did in fact update both the wallet and miner from Vic's last post.  In checking the wallet again, I am running the wallet dated 9-26.
legendary

legendary

Activity: 518
Merit: 275
If you fail...just dont fail again
Will there be a way to control how many threads are used in the CPU miner?  I can never mine full on all threads when CPU mining as I typically have several other wallets open and mining GPU as well.

Use the third commandline argument to set the total CPU threads to use. Ex: 127.0.0.1 9325 2

Viz.

I take it that is the number that controls threads bud?

Yes change the 2 to a 3 or 4 or 100 (if you can handle that)  Smiley
Activity: 224

legendary
Activity: 278
Merit: 250
I am on my way back home and will be there in about an hour from now. The miner enhancement will be e-mailed to Videlicet when I arrive.
legendary
Will there be a way to control how many threads are used in the CPU miner?  I can never mine full on all threads when CPU mining as I typically have several other wallets open and mining GPU as well.

Use the third commandline argument to set the total CPU threads to use. Ex: 127.0.0.1 9325 2

Viz.

I take it that is the number that controls threads bud?
Jump to: