Pages:
Author

Topic: NiceHash hacked? - page 6. (Read 32040 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 258
Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader
December 11, 2017, 05:42:41 PM
anyone who goes back to using nicehash is a moron and deserves to have there coin stolen again, it happened once. it will happen again especially now that people know that nicehash is a good target. doubt there going to be able to pay back 60 to 78 million dollars any time soon, they don't even make that much a year
Shut the fuck up. You're a fucking idiot. Eat a dick.

says the person whos impressed about nicehash. yet they haven't returned a dime yet to there users
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
December 11, 2017, 05:32:59 PM
anyone who goes back to using nicehash is a moron and deserves to have there coin stolen again, it happened once. it will happen again especially now that people know that nicehash is a good target. doubt there going to be able to pay back 60 to 78 million dollars any time soon, they don't even make that much a year
Shut the fuck up. You're a fucking idiot. Eat a dick.
December 11, 2017, 03:17:17 PM
Activity: 224
Merit: 15
December 11, 2017, 02:59:50 PM
I'm sure that if they pay all the losses, then respect for this platform will grow at times, and the pool is so accurate, because people will know that they are safe to mine.
December 11, 2017, 02:19:51 PM
I must say, I am impressed with how these men have handled this situation. To date, they show extreme character and honesty. If they in fact do reimburse users for their losses, that would be an epic achievement and one that earns and deserves respect and patronage from those who have need for their services. If they afford compensation for losses, (mine was very small) I would absolutely use them. Nicehash has always been just a failover for me, but I found their platform to be rock solid and their service more than adequate. I could reasonably assume that once they are past this, that they will have learned by test of fire, and their system will probably be more secure than most others out there.

I wish you the best Gentlemen.
Activity: 90
Merit: 0
December 11, 2017, 11:40:31 AM

I think that they will try to return the savings of users with their income. I don't know what they had income, but I will always return to them as soon as they resume their work. I understand that from such situation nobody is insured. I'm even willing to give up their coins to Fund the development nicehash.
How much have you lost?
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
December 11, 2017, 11:37:03 AM
"We’re working on a solution to ensure that all users are reimbursed."

More info on here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NiceHash/comments/7j1rqf/nicehash_ceo_marko_kobal_speaks_to_wikitribune/

It's nice for them to do that. 60-78 Million Dollars (as per the articles) stolen from Nicehash but they're still promising to compensate and updating their users. They should definitely give the utmost security as they begin to fix everything that they've lost.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-cyber-nicehash/nicehash-says-attacked-probably-from-non-eu-ip-address-idUSKBN1E21Q7

Latest update from the CEO: https://www.wikitribune.com/story/2017/12/11/technology/nicehash-ceo-speaks-out-after-60m-cryptocurrency-hack/27212/
Activity: 434
Merit: 252
December 11, 2017, 11:28:15 AM

More info on here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NiceHash/comments/7j1rqf/nicehash_ceo_marko_kobal_speaks_to_wikitribune/

At least they owe the responsibility and shed some little light that miners money will be paid back, if they could reimburse all of the miners earnings, I guess, they truly are serious on their comeback.

I think that they will try to return the savings of users with their income. I don't know what they had income, but I will always return to them as soon as they resume their work. I understand that from such situation nobody is insured. I'm even willing to give up their coins to Fund the development nicehash.
Activity: 90
December 11, 2017, 11:22:16 AM

More info on here.

Good news, I hope.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
December 11, 2017, 11:05:34 AM

More info on here.

At least they owe the responsibility and shed some little light that miners money will be paid back, if they could reimburse all of the miners earnings, I guess, they truly are serious on their comeback.

Activity: 71
December 11, 2017, 10:48:50 AM

More info on here.

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!
December 10, 2017, 09:00:01 PM
The way I see it only a retard or someone who wants it to look like a hack keeps 4700 BTC in a hot wallet there's no way any legit company wouldn't have cold storage again either their retarded or wanted this to happen

I'm thinking the same thing.  Wish they had some sort of explanation as to why that much btc was sitting in a hot wallet, even if it is bullshit.

What I heard was that the hacker modified their payment code structure to send BTC from many separate locations to one wallet, from which he/she then sent the 4700 BTC to their own wallet elsewhere. The hacker somehow compromised a network system that they were able to access and then used developer credentials to do stuff on the network. Either one of the developers there did this or a hacker (or group of hackers) spent allot of effort to gain all that information. Either one is possible at this stage.
69% likely an 'inside' job imho
Activity: 244
Merit: 10
BrownieCoins.org The Recognition Cryptocurrency
December 10, 2017, 08:09:49 PM
The way I see it only a retard or someone who wants it to look like a hack keeps 4700 BTC in a hot wallet there's no way any legit company wouldn't have cold storage again either their retarded or wanted this to happen

I'm thinking the same thing.  Wish they had some sort of explanation as to why that much btc was sitting in a hot wallet, even if it is bullshit.

What I heard was that the hacker modified their payment code structure to send BTC from many separate locations to one wallet, from which he/she then sent the 4700 BTC to their own wallet elsewhere. The hacker somehow compromised a network system that they were able to access and then used developer credentials to do stuff on the network. Either one of the developers there did this or a hacker (or group of hackers) spent allot of effort to gain all that information. Either one is possible at this stage.

I am from the country these 2 CEOs of Nicehash are from. One of them was jailed for couple of years for hacking...
So you know they are not the best of people. I believe that it was an inside job. Who else could have done it. Put this webpage into google translate: https://siol.net/novice/crna-kronika/mariborski-heker-bo-moral-za-zapahe-zvisali-so-mu-denarno-kazen-284873

How do we know this is real ? for all we know you could have been with the hackers that did this. Nicehash was a good company and probably good for the whole country of Slovenia. One thing you learn in the crypto world is to never trust anyone. We don't trust Nicehash and we sure as hell don't trust you my friend. If CNN is Fake news this is faker than Kim's ass.   
Activity: 339
Merit: 11
December 10, 2017, 05:22:15 PM
I wonder how is all this affecting to the coins that get jumps in difficulty because of nichash rigs. I used to mine some scrypt coin in nicehash I'm glad that I spent all my balance mining before this happened.
December 10, 2017, 04:19:10 PM
i can't believe they are talking about starting back up on their twitter again.

pay back every cent you owe first then...

things are so peaceful mining without them. no more wtf difficulty from 35k to 100k! should i switch? should i stay? oh boy difficulty back down to 20k.

coin i mainly mine been such a stable difficulty past few days...

If you think about it, the only way they can feasibly pay back this amount from such a small company is to reestablish operations and perhaps run with zero fees and that way customer are repaid by benefit in kind.  They will have to run banner ads to cover costs or something and something is better then nothing.  'opps' isnt helping anyone

The problem is the money stolen did not belong to this company, it was held in trust.  In fact this asset was not held on the company balance sheet, or should not have been as they were merely operating in trust before eventual payment.    The company itself is too small to pay that amount, unless it was somehow a subdivision of a large exchange or something.  If that was true they'd have learnt not to keep all fund in a hot wallet, theres no need for funds which are payable in the next 24hr.

It seems just poor planning.   They should allow mining but the balance is paid in a fast alt coin with low transaction fees so that small amounts can be dealt.   Crypto is only ever strong when distributed, the minute it gets centralised we see problems inevitably occur.

here is another idea, if they have no money how do you expect them to pay for the services there using, there not getting them free. the company itself has money. to think a company could run without money is just stupid all in itself. nicehash needs to just DIE out. better yet if they can still pay for services they can slow pay people there money that was stolen from there wallet. no matter how anyone looks at this or what angle it all comes back on nicehash and not in a good way, I'm sure there PR rep is having a field day trying to fix this and gain peoples trust back which prolly wont happen as no one will trust them after this
December 10, 2017, 03:22:26 PM
I didn't keep your coins in Nicehash. Every Friday I receive payments to my external wallet. This week I have had problems with my rigs so I lost a little money. It seems to me that if everyone did that the loss would be minimal. Therefore, the share of the blame lies on everyone who lost their money. I believe that the team nicehash will restore its security and service will start working again.
Yeah, from prison.
Activity: 106
December 10, 2017, 02:54:27 PM

I am from the country these 2 CEOs of Nicehash are from. One of them was jailed for couple of years for hacking...
So you know they are not the best of people. I believe that it was an inside job. Who else could have done it. Put this webpage into google translate: https://siol.net/novice/crna-kronika/mariborski-heker-bo-moral-za-zapahe-zvisali-so-mu-denarno-kazen-284873
Activity: 266
Merit: 103
December 10, 2017, 01:41:34 PM
It's insane how much a small group of individuals can get away with. This is massive, and it's something to really think about when it comes to almost any sort of protocol. The weakest link breaks the chain, nothing is truly secure.
Activity: 224
Merit: 15
December 10, 2017, 01:10:59 PM
It's a pity if all my coins in the amount of 0.005 BTC will not return, I mined them on one main video card and hoped to bring it closer to the new year, and then such a bummer Sad
Activity: 434
Merit: 252
December 10, 2017, 12:34:33 PM
I didn't keep your coins in Nicehash. Every Friday I receive payments to my external wallet. This week I have had problems with my rigs so I lost a little money. It seems to me that if everyone did that the loss would be minimal. Therefore, the share of the blame lies on everyone who lost their money. I believe that the team nicehash will restore its security and service will start working again.
Pages:
Jump to: