Pages:
Author

Topic: NiceHash hacked? - page 9. (Read 32040 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 17
December 08, 2017, 05:59:27 PM
Did an official explanation come from Nicehash? Or is there still no explanation? I guess our money flew again. This is very depressing. I hate to wait.
Look at their last tweet, they say they are working to restore the service and they created a subreddit crying for someone to help them get the money back...
Activity: 402
Merit: 250
December 08, 2017, 05:57:09 PM
Did an official explanation come from Nicehash? Or is there still no explanation? I guess our money flew again. This is very depressing. I hate to wait.
Activity: 700
Merit: 255
December 08, 2017, 04:58:40 PM
I lost around $800 (probably somewhere around 1200 now) was supposed to get paid today! these fucks better get my money back to me ASAP this is beyond absurd!!! Take some initiative for their dumb mistakes and pay us miners NOW!!!!
Activity: 233
Merit: 100
Andrius | Junior Business developer at Unboxed ICO
December 08, 2017, 04:57:05 PM
I feel bad for nicehash users too. It's though one. Shit like this happens.
Activity: 382
December 08, 2017, 04:36:42 PM
Lost 260$ unpaid from 2 rigs.

100% scam.
I wonder how many people it takes to finance an amazing retirement with minimal donation amounts.
How many users did nicehash have? I personally donated some to this "hackers" private island fund too. GG.
i´ve send too some btc to the address where nicehash btc´s got transfered. i would have a guilty conscience if i dont pay for this great service

i lost  130 and it took me 5 weeks to get.
not sure why my payout was so bloody long also
Activity: 378
December 08, 2017, 04:07:55 PM
Feel bad for all of you nicehash users.
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
December 08, 2017, 03:53:40 PM

100% scam.

I wonder how many people it takes to finance an amazing retirement with minimal donation amounts.

How many users did nicehash have? I personally donated some to this "hackers" private island fund too. GG.

i´ve send too some btc to the address where nicehash btc´s got transfered. i would have a guilty conscience if i dont pay for this great service
Activity: 538
Merit: 251
ASK
December 08, 2017, 03:49:26 PM

100% scam.

Activity: 98
Merit: 2
December 08, 2017, 03:45:29 PM

100% scam.
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
December 08, 2017, 03:43:32 PM
i really hope this nicehash fucks will never recover from this attack, best thing that happened for a long time in the cryptoworld
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Transcodium - The Future of Transcoding
December 08, 2017, 03:27:43 PM
This is too bad , how can you hold that huge amount of money in a less protected wallet, what about cold wallet and other security features they could employ
Merit: 12
December 08, 2017, 03:21:48 PM
According to Nicehash they got robbed of our coins. If the funds were segregated there is a technical
distinction whose coins were actually stolen. But it doesn't matter, they still have an obligation to
pay users what is due.

The semantics games are getting a little stretched.

What obligation are they bound to that says they have to pay us what is owed when coins are stolen?  They are not an insured bank, they are not a Registered Currency Exchange Business and don't have to follow the guide lines/laws of an exchange.  They don't have to follow KYC regulations.  So I'm curious, other than a "moral" obligation (which would be great to see happen), what makes them have to pay users back?  Nothing (if it wasn't them).  The only way we get money back would be if they actually catch the person whole stole the coins, then they can return "stolen" property.

stop talking out of your ars, you don't know shit about the company and EU regulations, if they even failed on basic regulatory checks they can go to jail. the question is about negligence and that means jail time buddy. Like I said I really want the service back but authorities don't give a shit they just want to put someone in jail and get their Brownie Coins(plugging Brownie Coins here)

I wasnt talking about if they go to jail or not.  Not sure where that even came from.  The only thing i said is that they wont be under any obligation to pay back users for funds that were stolen.  Look at all the companies that claimed theft, and the law suits filed.  Has anyone gotten restitution?
Activity: 562
Merit: 139
December 08, 2017, 03:14:49 PM

I agree. Accepting that you can only come to one conclusion:

Holding 60 000 000+ euro (or 70 000 000+ if you want) in a HOT wallet is PURE NEGLIGENCE.

[/quote]

Ignorance is no excuse right! They should have had a few safety valves built in for sure.
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
December 08, 2017, 03:09:32 PM
Every network, server or computer system can be hacked. If you think otherwise you are a fool.

Holding 60 000 000+ euro (or 70 000 000+ if you want) in a HOT wallet is PURE NEGLIGENCE.

I really hope some fat cat will sue them. As a community we can not let stuff like this happen.

Even if it turns out that they are not behind this theft, they sure as hell did very little to prevent it. Come on people, 60000000 euro or 70000000 USD. Those who are defending NH and asking for a restart are obviously people that either:
- didn't loose any/a lot of money.
- or are rich/near rich in real life.

That's all I have to say about it.
proceeding from all the above, it is necessary to draw conclusions that a person who has an attractive possession or income will always attract the attention of those who want to get it all. Thus, the risks of being hacked increase. Therefore, I completely agree with you that such figures are a very tasty morsel for hackers.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 534
December 08, 2017, 02:53:28 PM
Every network, server or computer system can be hacked. If you think otherwise you are a fool.

I really hope some fat cat will sue them. As a community we can not let stuff like this happen.

Even if it turns out that they are not behind this theft, they sure as hell did very little to prevent it. Come on people, 60000000 euro or 70000000 USD. Those who are defending NH and asking for a restart are obviously people that either:
- didn't loose any/a lot of money.
- or are rich/near rich in real life.

That's all I have to say about it.
Activity: 602
December 08, 2017, 02:44:34 PM
Play nice kiddies... NOTHING IS HACK PROOF. End of story.

Now.... Let's stay on the subject.

I am hopeful that the stolen funds and associated wallet is blacklisted at this point and that NH will recover from this eventually.

The engineer whose credentials were obtained and used on the other hand no doubt is a major person of interest. I did find it intriguing though that they said several credentials were tried which would elude to someone that had an intricate knowledge of their staff.

In any event I am ready for NH to fire up their servers again and get back to business. They can do a pay share until all of the funds are recovered or are covered but lets get back to it!

The WORLD IS FLAT. End of story. hahahahahaha this is too funny, did you work as a developer for nice hash ?

Actually "Nothing" is hack proof. When you have Nothing it can not be hacked because it doesn't exist. I see, your brain works it's just that your conscious mind is misinterpreting the actual thoughts being generated by your subconscious self. It's almost as if you are missing out on the meaning of your own thoughts
It seems to me that already every user develops Paranoia in the sense that someone can hack someone or have already been hacked. Of course, you do not always want to lose what you earn so hard, but with today's technologies you can not save what someone is interested in.
Activity: 562
Merit: 139
December 08, 2017, 02:27:33 PM

I am hopeful that the stolen funds and associated wallet is blacklisted at this point and that NH will recover from this eventually.

The engineer whose credentials were obtained and used on the other hand no doubt is a major person of interest. I did find it intriguing though that they said several credentials were tried which would elude to someone that had an intricate knowledge of their staff.

In any event I am ready for NH to fire up their servers again and get back to business. They can do a pay share until all of the funds are recovered or are covered but lets get back to it!

The WORLD IS FLAT. End of story. hahahahahaha this is too funny, did you work as a developer for nice hash ?

No, I am not a developer. No,  I don't work for nicehash...

My point was very clear however even to the brainless... So let me attempt to explain it to you... Every network, server or computer system can be hacked. If you think otherwise you are a fool.
December 08, 2017, 02:21:41 PM
Please lookup a product from IBM called Datapower, nobody has been able to hack a Datapower device to this date, nobody even knows what type of operating system it is running, if you actually try to open the box unplugged it has a battery to wipe the os clean. the only way to do hardware replacement on the box is to ship it back to IBM and they replace it for you. typical box costs about 40k and you need 30 to 40 of them for a basic configuration. The energy grid is level 3 security which essentially puts it above credit card systems and health care systems because it is a war time target. Please stop watching TV.

You are a funny guy, they must love you for that at work (since your sec skills are not up to par)  Grin Grin Grin .... hack that would go against US power grid wouldn't come from bored kid in the basement but government sponsored group that (imagine this) can afford to buy and reverse engineering any type of equipment. But that is to SCI-FY and TV for you ...

I secured major power grids in the US
And just like that you've made yourself a target for terrorists Cheesy

Actually I would be of no help to anyone regarding that system, my design is well understood by many security experts and locked down like a mother fuckers, basically you have one Datapower device acting as a security gateway in the DMZ, with another DataPower device acting as a mediation service inside a trusted zone. there is mutual authentication setup between the two devices. All requests must be strongly typed and registered in a product called IBM Webspehre Service Registry and Repository ... it's a bad ass architecture that's all I can tell you and to this day it has not been hacked. Southern California Edison go ahead make my day and try to hack them. They can use some free pen testing.

That is a great network layout there, completely impenetrable  Tongue Tongue Tongue .... how will your fancy IBM gateway protect you from compromised credential???

I don't think IBM sells products to any old hacker specifically the latest Datapower products, so go fuck yourself, how do you think we secure the nukes you moron. stop talking nonsense you have not even worked on a secured network let alone secure a network.

Temper, temper .... no answers but insults in return Mr. Big Shoot, good 'ol US (redneck) way  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 244
BrownieCoins.org The Recognition Cryptocurrency
December 08, 2017, 02:19:01 PM

Actually "Nothing" is hack proof. When you have Nothing it can not be hacked because it doesn't exist. I see, your brain works it's just that your conscious mind is misinterpreting the actual thoughts being generated by your subconscious self. It's almost as if you are missing out on the meaning of your own thoughts
Activity: 244
BrownieCoins.org The Recognition Cryptocurrency
December 08, 2017, 02:14:26 PM

Pages:
Jump to: