Pages:
Author

Topic: [NLG] The great Gulden thread - page 34. (Read 14164 times)

Activity: 270
Merit: 6
July 22, 2018, 04:37:10 PM
Wow, the perfectly tested update didn't trigger perfectly.

Offcourse it is always better to not develop anything and to not update anything then there never will go anything wrong .......    Roll Eyes

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Today was a hot day in my city. I wen't out to eat icecream.

Today was a good day.

whooooopseeeh wrong forum haha!

Did they put alcohol in that icecream  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001
July 22, 2018, 04:28:44 PM
Wow, the perfectly tested update didn't trigger perfectly.
Activity: 120
Merit: 0
July 22, 2018, 03:56:14 PM
Donald Trump has started witnessing. Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgwr9r36zIU

how do you know? Did you ask his son Rich "Freedom of speech" Pissman?

Yeah, Lets make Gulden great again! First step: kick out Rijk and his deep state super pac!

Then, make a deal with the whales and market the living crap out of it! Only winners!

Rijk will blame the Russians for everything. He Co owns CNN.
Activity: 339
Merit: 10
New Cryptoworld Order
July 22, 2018, 03:14:02 PM

Yeah, Lets make Gulden great again! First step: kick out Rijk and his deep state super pac!

Then, make a deal with the whales and market the living crap out of it! Only winners!
Activity: 195
Merit: 1
This is my real name
July 22, 2018, 02:46:26 PM

Activity: 408
Merit: 117
July 22, 2018, 02:16:57 PM
Nocks is back in business.
Activity: 24
July 22, 2018, 01:51:14 PM

Activity: 270
Merit: 6
July 22, 2018, 01:32:32 PM
Just sell,  I dont mind stacking up below 600

Plz leave something for me @ that price or better i will buy everything for 601 sats  Grin

But untill 720sat there are buying orders with a total worth of 2.4 BTC so hard to get there ......
July 22, 2018, 10:58:39 AM
I have noticed the blocks are coming in again, is the problem already solved?

The Dev Team is working closely with the miner community to get things solved. It seems to be stable now. But could be it needs more tweaks later. Sofar best advise is still to wait a bit longer with transactions.
Nocks will start deposits/withdraws later tonight if everything is OK.

https://twitter.com/nocksapp/status/1021043808925110272?s=21
Activity: 422
Merit: 251
July 22, 2018, 10:40:41 AM
Today I did start my Gulden 1.6 wallet (after a small holiday) and I received all the blocks to get up to date with the Blockchain.
Still not tried the 2.0 wallet because I was not sure if all was perfect. It seems we had some small trouble...

The best thing, I understand, is to wait for an announcement that the problems are solved. (So I can send my NLG from the 1.6 wallet to the 2.0 wallet)

You do not need to sent over anything, just quit the old wallet, download and install the new wallet, overwrite the old files and open the new wallet. That’s it.
But always make sure you have your recoverysentence first.

Yeah I did get that, however I have to install the wallet on a new PC, so that is why I have to send them over. (Or I put them on a paper wallet)
But off course I can also use the recoverysentence after installing the 2.0 wallet and it should be fine...

Thanks for the quick reply Jean.Luc
Activity: 39
July 22, 2018, 10:06:35 AM
Make a screenshot of your wallet in it's current state to check balance and accountnames.
Then just make a backup of your current wallet.dat and store it offline, then rename your wallet.dat to something like wallet16.dat (So that no wallet.dat is present anymore).
Then install the latest 2.0-wallet and restore your wallet using your recoveryphrase.  After first syncing you may need to rescan transactions once more if you have multiple accounts.

This way you have a restored but clean wallet and all your receivingaddresses from the past are still tied to your wallet.

Wallet.dat can be found here:
- windows data directory:    1) Press (winkey) `❖`+`R`    2) Type `%APPDATA%\Gulden` into the run dialog.    3) Press `↵` enter key.
- Or browse to C:\users\\AppData\roaming\Gulden\

---> After restoring with the recoveryphrase the wallet is not encrypted with a password, remember to do this again.
July 22, 2018, 10:03:26 AM
Today I did start my Gulden 1.6 wallet (after a small holiday) and I received all the blocks to get up to date with the Blockchain.
Still not tried the 2.0 wallet because I was not sure if all was perfect. It seems we had some small trouble...

The best thing, I understand, is to wait for an announcement that the problems are solved. (So I can send my NLG from the 1.6 wallet to the 2.0 wallet)

You do not need to sent over anything, just quit the old wallet, download and install the new wallet, overwrite the old files and open the new wallet. That’s it.
But always make sure you have your recoverysentence first.
Activity: 422
Merit: 251
July 22, 2018, 09:40:43 AM

legendary
Activity: 1612
Merit: 1608
精神分析的爸
July 22, 2018, 08:02:46 AM
Just a little note for those running cli-only Gulden nodes:
I spent half a day trying to get 2.0.0.7 release running on a Debian 9 system with the result that it reliably crashed the whole node by sucking up all memory. Tried resynching multiple times but it always went nuts on around block height ~778500.
Thinking that modern things just need more memory than before I upgraded the memory of the resp. VPS twice without success, on Debian 9 it just eats up all memory before it dies with OOM no matter how many GB you throw at it.

This morning I was desperate enough to migrate the node to a Ubuntu 16.04 VPS - et voila: works and the memory consumption is now still rel. high but within the ranges of other coins I run nodes for and it seems to run stable since more than an hour now.

HTH
Activity: 72
July 22, 2018, 06:51:55 AM
I have noticed the blocks are coming in again, is the problem already solved?
Activity: 195
This is my real name
July 22, 2018, 06:38:54 AM
Funny to read how little Rich Misinformedman knows about blockchain  Grin
Activity: 142
July 22, 2018, 05:06:53 AM
Just out of curiosity, where are all the statements about “buy Gulden now at these ridiculous low prices, you never get a chance like this anymore!” ?

Oh wait, it’s probably because you know the chain is locked and miners have piled up a shitload of coins ready to dump once mr wonderful has saved the day corrected his own error.

Sub 600sat incoming folks!

This is always the chance you take with crypto, it's still the early days where things can go wrong. Everyone posting here is early adopters and you have to accept the risks, you can lose it all or you can buy the 600sat coins and see if the team can turn the situation around. In 2 months the 600 sat coins can be 1200 sat or 0 sat. Pick a side
Activity: 339
New Cryptoworld Order
July 22, 2018, 04:25:26 AM
Just out of curiosity, where are all the statements about “buy Gulden now at these ridiculous low prices, you never get a chance like this anymore!” ?

Oh wait, it’s probably because you know the chain is locked and miners have piled up a shitload of coins ready to dump once mr wonderful has saved the day corrected his own error.

Sub 600sat incoming folks!
Activity: 142
July 22, 2018, 04:20:43 AM
The trolling is sometimes amusing but all Gulden holders should unite at times like these. The trolls themselves hold Gulden or they wouldn't be posting here in attempts to get more Gulden for cheap. Take a couple days off and enjoy the good weather outside, summer doesn't last forever.
Pages:
Jump to: