Pages:
Author

Topic: No doubt POS is centralized - page 4. (Read 563 times)

copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
September 16, 2022, 12:53:55 PM
Bitcoin's pool data looks quite interesting (a lot of mining is done by miners that are hard for them to identify):
https://www.blockchain.com/pools

I think more about ethereum being pos and more centralised because of it will come out too (especially because of how much needs to be staked to get a reward and how larger players in the crypto industry will do better at obtaining and keeping these amounts).

I'd imagine exchanges go up to holding about 60-70% of coins if we include binance but then mining has done similar by only two pools in tha past (although people can switch pools faster than they can switch staking company - if they can even switch staking company).

I think eth was safer letting a pos coin overtake them rather than being that coin. But I guess it's open source - perhaps a rival chain can come out.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2012
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
September 16, 2022, 12:53:19 PM
PoS is based on the amount you hold. If we simply evaluate this, I think we are safe to say it's a method to make rich people more rich as they will have more power with their holdings. This makes the system more centralized. People with heavy investment can easily have the control of the chain.

Your discussion would better fit in altcoin discussion since it's all about altcoin discussion here.
Activity: 672
Merit: 273
September 16, 2022, 12:49:05 PM
And those two addresses if their stake their ethereum in the network pool then there can control the transaction, that is the irony of the whole situation, the proof of stake network will only make ethereum more centralized and control is given to the big bag holders in the network.

We will see more of these kinds of addresses that are contending to control the network popping up as time goes on because coinbase is an exchange so other big exchanges like Binance will join the list of ethereum holders competing for control of the network pool.
Activity: 672
Merit: 855
September 16, 2022, 12:39:57 PM
It seems the major concern about Proof of stake that experts here warned about has begin to see the light.
According to cointelegraph, 40% of ethereum nodes are controlled by two addresses which are Lido and Coinbase.
This has just proven more that POS is not decentralized and favours investors with higher token supply
source
Pages:
Jump to: