Pages:
Author

Topic: No Pardon for Ross Ulbricht - page 3. (Read 2448 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 506
January 17, 2017, 10:29:56 PM
Nobody gives a fuck, life goes on

Too true! Cheesy
I don't think it will even create any difference to let him our or not. He's there for a reason anyway. Even if he does go back in the outside world, he'll not make an impact anymore in the bitcoin world even if he tries. I do think he is guilty anyway, he made his mistakes and that's why he ended up in jail.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
January 17, 2017, 10:15:01 PM
I have no problem with the fact he set up a marketplace for drugs,
but if the allegations that he paid to have multiple people killed are true, hes probably not getting a pardon from anyone.

Then again, its hard to believe any of the charges against him when multiple federal agents stole huge sums of Bitcoins during the investigation.
Who knows what type of evidence these crooks would manufacture to cover their own crimes.
There is always the possibility that multiple people were in control of the Dread Pirate Roberts account as well (although unlikely IMO).
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1233
January 17, 2017, 10:06:07 PM
It is quite funny that most of the states are legalizing drugs (well weed and not just for medical reasons but for recreational purposes too!) yet this is what got him put in jail in the first place. Roll Eyes
I wonder if all those pot heads will have a "get out of jail free" card now that it is legal to possess it, in most states anyways.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
January 17, 2017, 09:46:51 PM
Every 4 years, a US president leaves and lets a whole bunch of people out of jail by decree.  Obama let out FAR, FAR more than any other president.  Well over 1,500!  Guess who was not on the list?  That's right Ross Ulbricht of Bitcoin fame.  Since Trump isn't letting anyone out of jail unless they are his friends, Ulbricht doesn't stand a chance for another 8 years at least!  Probably 12 more years before even being considered.  That sucks.  Obama could have let him out.  One strike of the pen- he would be free.  It is over for him now.  Over. 

Do the crime, Do the time.

While I do have empathy for his family at the end of the day he was caught.

While I do feel his sentence was horrific there ain't much anyone can do about that. that's fact.

Maybe if trump supports bitcoin things might change!

You think that Trump, the guy who is so dull headed to think as if building a physical wall across the Mexico-US border would stop Mexicans from 'bringing in drugs, committing crime, and raping people', would all the sudden be in support of some entrepreneur who failed miserably?  Does he ever have empathy for people who commit crimes (except for his personal BFF's)? More specifically, do you think he would ever show any sort of empathy for someone who didn't succeed at any sort of business, let alone, a business of 'criminal activity'?

No, I don't think that we will see that happen.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
January 17, 2017, 08:48:12 PM
Every 4 years, a US president leaves and lets a whole bunch of people out of jail by decree.  Obama let out FAR, FAR more than any other president.  Well over 1,500!  Guess who was not on the list?  That's right Ross Ulbricht of Bitcoin fame.  Since Trump isn't letting anyone out of jail unless they are his friends, Ulbricht doesn't stand a chance for another 8 years at least!  Probably 12 more years before even being considered.  That sucks.  Obama could have let him out.  One strike of the pen- he would be free.  It is over for him now.  Over. 

Do the crime, Do the time.

While I do have empathy for his family at the end of the day he was caught.

While I do feel his sentence was horrific there ain't much anyone can do about that. that's fact.

Maybe if trump supports bitcoin things might change!
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
January 17, 2017, 08:44:43 PM
Him and Snowden are stuck right where they are for now. Bummer there.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
January 17, 2017, 08:35:12 PM
Nobody gives a fuck, life goes on
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026
January 17, 2017, 08:28:58 PM
Pages:
Jump to: