Author

Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS - page 182. (Read 1053098 times)

Activity: 735
Merit: 501
Preview. Cutting out the second paragraph box and replacing it with more icons [time consuming for icon work].
Replaced paragraph text with just keyword snippets. Third portion of it should be done tomorrow for preview.

Enjoy: https://i.imgur.com/07ehNR1.jpg

the key difference is whether people use blockchains and colored coins for crowdfunding or whether they are offering equity and using terms that = securities which is completely illegal without registration with SEC (and australian equivalent) etc
some ares are grey but a lot of the legalities, theoretical possibilites and what people are actually using/buying is made very clear
anyone who even said the word equity or dividends and applied them to companies not registered with SEC were asking for trouble from day 1
my business details were all for taxation (marketplace) and transparency but i made no statement that anyone ever held equity or were offered shares in a company (which is sole tradership anyway)
if US companies just wanted a few more months for the JOBS act to be confirmed and applied to make things easier/clearer (looser regulations) between equity and crowdfunding then they might have been a lot better off
especially since its the platforms themselves that allow 'equity' to be raised are considered just as liable if they allow such an act on their platform (hence why different platforms in US like kickstarter work very differently if they either crowdfund with perks or allow equity(
)
but people who raise things like that in this environment are just bitter or FUDers so it serves anyone right who got burnt
if people just crowdfunded ideas rather than offered unreqistered equity wed all be fine and dandy
i first started raising the issue 2 and a half weeks ago on twitter as a warning
even had some people in here dumping their NOBL publicly because i was 'losing my positivity'
now half the crypto space is being investigated by the SEC
* ZeeWolf ([email protected]) Quit (Quit: Leaving)
now im not a fan of the whole ideal, if i was in a country that was less likely to be reached and my identity was private id probably be happy to experiment in a grey area (probably wouldnt use equity terms though) and maybe try other experiments that could be interpreted as similar but *might* be OK
but im not
if only we got the world to use and understand the tech before we 'broke' it then let the people decide if they want to use darker unregulated markets after its already embedded in society
but since the SEC and gove get 1000+ reports a week (dramatic estimate) about scams, pump & dumps, hype and BS announcements, people running with money, dodgy business etc of course were going to get cracked down on

Thanks for the update Rofo. I understand your frustration with the Alt-Coin scene and how coins that promise the world are ultimately stealing marketshare from currencies actually
making an effort to be usable and transparent. Look forward to the future of Nobl and the Color-Coin project.

@NOBL-Community:  Been working on the infographic tonight. Not a ton done that will be visible, but I am taking a more graphic oriented approach so it is taking more time so less progress
than the first post will probably be visible. Second draft showing progress will be up tonight.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
so
true
its time to rock the boat a little
hopefully sys price will recover
DMD is doing PoS for us we all know that
yup
it slumped to 98 last week
im going to be very busy releasing something this 'on top' of NOBL also
that will allow people to choose a 2nd path alongside a decentralized currency
obv from my twitter and warnings for the last few weeks weve seen this coming
yr colored coin thing?
http://jasonlcurby.com/nocc.png
http://jasonlcurby.com/nocc2.png
please allow any questions here to be left for me to answer properly with the pre-ANN
there are going to be a lot of happy and unhappy people with this 2nd proposal also
keep in mind those are drafts
moolah and regulation is obv changing everything and im not getting left behind
when will u release final version whitepaper?
this week
thurs/fri
well pre-ann and much of the initial proposal
and how is diamond coming along w POS?
you will have to ask them how its going, last i heard it was less work than anticipated
DMD is actually the 4th team weve tried to work with for PoS
hence the delays
yeah
everyone else has left me in the dark after 'yes man' for a long time
this is my answer to 2014
atleast its getting done well now
yeah
theres also a chance
PoS is targeted next year
stake=dividends and the terminology the communities are using isnt helping
targeted by authorities/regs?
maybe people will understand where i came from this year but im a little done trying to make my case
so everyone is getting choices
yes
plus
just being a 'dev' or involved
is going to get tightened up i imagine in the future
so its going to be hard to find people willing to centralize all the risk on them for decentralized communitites
so having to formally associate yourself with a coin
keep in mind i think the PoS targeting is much more of a longshot
its more likely the 'leaders' will require regulation and licensing and there will be a mass exodus
possibly
then corps and people with money step in to use the technology
what do u think bout blocknet, cld it be good 4 NOBL?
it could be
ive had no contact with any of them
but if you read their terminology theyre done also
unless theyve quickly changed it all
but its still recorded
i feel blocknet is more about the coins that group is behind
but idk
if they asked id say yes for the community without getting too deeply involved
most of what ive been doing
is trying to survive and bring value for all this thats come
and research/connections etc
hence my disclaimer in the thread and this paper
hey Rofo
howdy
keep in mind this paper is a 'sister-coin' and while not using NOBL can be ICOd in NOBL and that NOBL is permanently burnt
right
but its focus is on licensing, centralization and regulation
NOBL is decentralized and open on more services
i just dont want to get caught with my tail between my legs on either
while bringing value and surviving 2015
i am going to be open to every question people want to put forward
negative and accusatory and questions etc i will answer as professionally and honestly as i can
ICOd?
but id like to do that all in the pre-ann for all to hear an official Q
sorry as in
initial coin offering or initial token offering
all right
swap over with NOBL
that NOBL is burnt
sure
so people can move over to better specs
and people that want to hold see the supply cut and switch to PoS
I'll try to read the pre-ann on Thu/Fri and provide a feedback
by better thats subjective
some people will despise the paper
no worries thank you
glad there are some changes on a horizon Wink
im very glad also to be honest
this year has seen people like me try to compete and even work with people like moolah
im glad its over
hehe
im sure u r!!
moolah wanted noble dead from january because
he wanted his charity with investors money to define crypto charity
and we had a more legitimate track record
our 'example' was not taken kindly
i never ever heard a word back from him
except from sockpuppets who mostly were under his payroll to say NOBL is a scam etc
how much nobl u think was lost on mintpal/
?
i really dont know
they were already running with at least 130 million DOWN before
the numbers never added up to the amount they held
they played with the prices of coins and on reserves
ive had to 'compete' with BS artists and not 'win' because i didnt promise the world lol
but its all catching up to them now and i didnt have to do anything except wait
yeah moolahs in alot of trouble
but please feel free to be as critical as anyone likes in the ANN to allow me to make my case as best i can
and then people will have a choice either way with this as well as future coins that will 100% be supported for as long as im able
its time for a little professionalism, transparency, accountability and legitimacy etc
for altcoins
some people were already well prepared for this and their coins
did u say yr doing the ann on thur?
some not so much
thur or fri yes
ok
it will be open to a lot of discussions and the info/paper will evolve and released in stages anyway
57 pages+ is a TLDR case
hehe, lots of reading
its not just words either the option to move will be there immediately
we will already be listed on an exchange that supports 2.0 coins
cool
well 2 but one is more open source
I must say this sounds exciting Wink
+1
good draft doc!! Smiley
interesting bout e-currency
very interesting Smiley
will the sister coin have any name?
Noble
also the potential to allow fans of NXT to interchange between colored coins on the BTC blockchain and NXT Platform if they prefer that
NobleNXT I have also
the platform becomes irrelevant
i want to build things vertical rather than horizontal
* kresuk ([email protected]) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
* kresuk ([email protected]) has joined #noblecoin
Wink
pretty exciting tbh
awaiting eagerly
so Rofo what do you think about promotional campaign / infographics this week? any hints, suggestions?
there were some serious buyers last night on bittrex (7 btc of bids between 10-13 sats)
but still, the Waffelpool keeps dumping
these coins
all services
no mining
deflationary
so for people sick of that
its gone
kresuk: pool is a pool. dumping they do
take all my unhealthy idealism i fought for and put it aside, this time its for the technology and crypto rather than the ideals
yeah but some say that trying to prop the price right now is like sponsoring the waffelpool's electric bills
ok
NOBL will still have all that though
with PoS
and it will be on many more services and decentralized because of its nature and codebase
external services anyway
but there are things you just cant do
that the market wants
without some centralization
backing with gold
pegging
stabilization
fixed exchange rates
etc
profit
business-centric
the lot
what i wanted to avoid but am now building since the value is there and i dont want noble dead
its all sitting there
now i just need to make the case
https://www.coinprism.info/asset/3CPU5kVDtRHAzQ2JRUds2pmjNFQzL55Jfq
http://www.cryptoassetcharts.info/assets/show/407
and get it done right
I agree. since it's decentralized market entities like WaffelPool will exist and use Noble too
it's just part of life
yeah
i honestly think theres room for both
and we can do both right with time
well, we can't do anything to forbid them to use Noble
so better to live with them Wink
well the PoW reward will be something like 100 NOBL a block Smiley
for mining
cool
but it will be part of a MM group for groestl which in itself will be very attractive with thime i think
yep
so, if i get it right, the pegging idea (fixed exchange rate) means that some central entity has a reserve (of the asset) and is a guarantor?
and for that reason any URO, CANN promises are just BS because they have no guarantor?
kresuk: no it will not.
its only BS if noone wants to guarantor it or back up the exchange rate whenever someone wants to redeem their coins for the asset
its far too touchy territory for anyone to attempt so early with crypto
yeah agreed
the e-currency example i highlight there is why i paused with fixed exchange rates on the marketplace and potentially listing bullion
the trading part is fine provided i get the 2nd-hand dealers license, i have the rest
noblecoin would be defined as an e-currency and id get shaken down without being properly prepared
afaik all CANN did was promise you could change a small amount for a small 1-off item?
i didnt follow too closely since i was told of the groups behind it
so it was just 'oh another one of those'
in my eyes anyway i didnt really follow tbh
URO would be legit if some really rich group wanted to officially back the exchange rate
but youd be stupid to do that unless you controlled all the coin already
i think first was gonna be 4 a gram then ended as a spliff?
because then youre just making everyone else rich with coins they held and giving them access to all your valuable fertilizer lol
yeah im not sure, i think it was one-off and just a token item from one shop hyped
i mean laws are different across the world and aus only recognizes pegging to bullion since thats the most valuable in the eyes of the beholder
might be fine to do elsewhere or fine to do here and peg it to kangaroo meat lol
but then
i either need a lot of kangaroo meat
or have all the coin already so you cant take all my kangaroo meat for digital tokens
lol
hehe
i think pegging will become more popular when regulation/legal clarification is found
but it wont be done by hobbyists
2015 will probably be a rush to the exits for bs artists and/or a rush to licensing by people who can afford to license and present a higher class of crypto
so we still keep gov control of printing money out of the equation which is a plus
the biggest plus really
tbh i was expecting this around end of 2016
then when i caught wind of things in the works and the change in how people spoke of coins (assets, shares, dividends etc)
i knew itd be sooner
all i know is i dont want to be in jail, i want to keep building something and i dont want value to disappear
if that means a different approach and licensing/regulation than whatever, still plenty of positives in crypto
agreed - going to jail would be sub-optimal Wink
i just wonder if the regulators will allow the free flow of digital assets (coins) after regulating all the platforms/exchanges/services
they will
the technology is amazing
they just need to watch it like money
plus for the idealists and pure BTC movement
there will be plenty of blockchains that sink a little deeper into the web and allow financial freedom
regulation and adopting the tech will just increase awareness and allow the 'darker' currencies to flourish also
just like the internet is
"darker" like true p2p / without central servers?
something like bittorrent right now?
yeah and on decentralized exchanges not regulated etc
ok
yup
since my profile is public, im not a billionaire in hiding and i push transparency and live in a country fairly in the grips of the US
the cleaner path is for me
lol
yep but nobody can stop the users
the authorities should have learnt something from the torrent example already
this part of the movement is unstoppable i think
i'm afraid that the regulated path will lead to the RFIDs everywhere/gates on airports/paywave situation
more control on citizens
true, everything goes down that path unfortunately
but yes at least the userbase if they are smart can continue to have some freedon with coins

the key difference is whether people use blockchains and colored coins for crowdfunding or whether they are offering equity and using terms that = securities which is completely illegal without registration with SEC (and australian equivalent) etc
some ares are grey but a lot of the legalities, theoretical possibilites and what people are actually using/buying is made very clear
anyone who even said the word equity or dividends and applied them to companies not registered with SEC were asking for trouble from day 1
my business details were all for taxation (marketplace) and transparency but i made no statement that anyone ever held equity or were offered shares in a company (which is sole tradership anyway)
if US companies just wanted a few more months for the JOBS act to be confirmed and applied to make things easier/clearer (looser regulations) between equity and crowdfunding then they might have been a lot better off
especially since its the platforms themselves that allow 'equity' to be raised are considered just as liable if they allow such an act on their platform (hence why different platforms in US like kickstarter work very differently if they either crowdfund with perks or allow equity(
)
but people who raise things like that in this environment are just bitter or FUDers so it serves anyone right who got burnt
if people just crowdfunded ideas rather than offered unreqistered equity wed all be fine and dandy
i first started raising the issue 2 and a half weeks ago on twitter as a warning
even had some people in here dumping their NOBL publicly because i was 'losing my positivity'
now half the crypto space is being investigated by the SEC
* ZeeWolf ([email protected]) Quit (Quit: Leaving)
now im not a fan of the whole ideal, if i was in a country that was less likely to be reached and my identity was private id probably be happy to experiment in a grey area (probably wouldnt use equity terms though) and maybe try other experiments that could be interpreted as similar but *might* be OK
but im not
if only we got the world to use and understand the tech before we 'broke' it then let the people decide if they want to use darker unregulated markets after its already embedded in society
but since the SEC and gove get 1000+ reports a week (dramatic estimate) about scams, pump & dumps, hype and BS announcements, people running with money, dodgy business etc of course were going to get cracked down on
Activity: 326
Merit: 250
I got no good news, aprat from that you are not the only one.

You can try checking this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=824211.1180
Mintpal / Moolah Scam - 5,200 BTC Now Missing!!! - Report Missing Funds

Additionally, the new SEC letters being sent (about money transmitting bussiness now applies to every US based exchange, even pure crypto2crypto) ...
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/sec-sends-inquiry-letters-hundreds-bitcoin-companies-unregistered-securities/
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:zat3GWvT4kcJ:https://coinfire.cf/2014/10/27/sec-begins-sending-investigation-letters/

Something tells me that we should be very careful about other exchanges that handle Noblecoin too: Bittrex, Poloniex ... I, for one, am withdrawing all NOBL from exchanges to my wallets, as I did with BTC 6 months before gox fiasco (it was obvious) and two weeks before Mintpal "upgrade"... Yes Rofo warned us all, number of times, but that face and voice of Moolah on YouTube was even more convincing that Alex/WhateverIsHisName, he is a scam artist from the heart...
--edit:-- I'm sure the Trex and Polo owners will inform the users if the thing are going too hot, and will give the users a time to withdraw, if the regulators hunting start to look bad.

PS. SYSCoin went for the legal path:
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/syscoin-injunction-moolah-granted-uk-judge/

--edit2:-- Ryan?
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/dogecoin-leaders-present-evidence-ceo-troubled-bitcoin-exchange-moolah-long-time-scammer/
Activity: 778
Hi, I got a couple million Nobles stuck on mintpal/moolah. Any more people with this problem, or has anyone an idea to get them out. 10 Two weeks ago I tried to withdraw them, but they still didn't arrive on cryptsy.
Theres definitely a bounty in it

I'll try and start work later today then and give you guys style samples within 24h [thats my goal at least].

great to hear! Smiley thanks

so, lets collect some NOBL for GBattaglia

If you want to set up a wallet you can have my contribution.

Rofo should do the escrow Smiley so he gets some positive feedback

so please give us an address were we can send some NOBL to

Thanks guys. I'm glad to hear it. I'll keep posting previews as I work on it and I'll improve and redo things
the closer I get to the final revision.

Here is the address: 9UBjS1uTSX5iK6rbiW3makoDK9RR1gma5H

Here is a preview. It will continue downward for about 3000 pixels, so obviously you are just seeing what would
be the top 1/8th or so of the infographic. Keep in mind this is fast work at the moment and things like the lock
graphic will be done better in a finalized version if we go with this design.

https://i.imgur.com/Fh72wtW.jpg

looks very good Smiley please do not use too much text. people don`t like to read that much

Style looks Nice. Maybe some use of keywords to replace sentences.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind and keep it more graphic-centered. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
Here is a preview. It will continue downward for about 3000 pixels, so obviously you are just seeing what would
be the top 1/8th or so of the infographic. Keep in mind this is fast work at the moment and things like the lock

looks very good Smiley please do not use too much text. people don`t like to read that much

Style looks Nice. Maybe some use of keywords to replace sentences.
Activity: 378

I'll try and start work later today then and give you guys style samples within 24h [thats my goal at least].

Rofo should do the escrow Smiley so he gets some positive feedback

so please give us an address were we can send some NOBL to
Activity: 691
Merit: 500

Activity: 294
Any one know whats happening with mintpal all my noble are in there?.

The scammer Ryan Kennedy(Alex Green) is facing an injunction and very likely jail if he doesnt comply. I hear that many of the alts are in the hands of Mintpal ,as in its other shareholders ferdousbhai & more, and NOT Kennedy but think they are having big problems working out whats what. Wether NOBL is included i dont know but some chance of a good outcome??

thanks for the info its not looking good, apparently he is the only one with v2 access to the coins on the new server.

legendary
Activity: 924
Bad news...prices going up....13 sats being bought.

Bad news because i still got some BTC waiting to get matched at a lower price so start selling....... Grin Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 1232

Thanks.

Since I respect the NobleCoin Community as well as Rofo, and like to be as fair as possible;
I have no issue if someone comes up with better work and they are more deserving of payment.
I'll try and get rough concepts to you guys by tomorrow night if possible.

I like to go by the rule of anyone who steps forward and actively gets involved gets rewarded in some way even if things evolve or change from there.
I'm going to have a preview up tonight. I have decided to take inspiration from a Bitcoin Infographic from the past as well
as use design concepts from the current NobleCoin preview wallet and style. Will post back here with the preview. I'm doing
some brushing up on NobleCoin and the interviews with Rofo to better write for the infographic. If anyone has suggestions regarding the writing
formatting, or just general style, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Preview will be up in a few hours.

Thanks.

Since I respect the NobleCoin Community as well as Rofo, and like to be as fair as possible;
I have no issue if someone comes up with better work and they are more deserving of payment.
I'll try and get rough concepts to you guys by tomorrow night if possible.

legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001
I might be able to do the work as I'm rather experienced with GIMP.
I can do the work in my spare time if you like, but would prefer compensation in some form if you want it faster.
NobleCoin should have a redesigned OP for the release of POS and the new wallet, and I would like to be of service in that regard as well.

Jump to: