Author

Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS - page 240. (Read 1053098 times)

legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001
Publishing a sort of Gini index of NOBL would fit with the ideals of NOBL. It should also come with initiatives to reduce our index, with initiatives such as faucets, giveaway... How close people can cheat and have several wallets but this is a start and is better than nothing.
You've got rich lists and wealth distribution at http://chainz.cryptoid.info/nobl/#!rich

However one address doesn't equate one person, not does it even equate to one wallet, as "change" addresses are involved in the bitcoin protocol, and can hold a large amount of coins.

Also there is the whole issue of exchanges, which only maintain amounts in their (private) databases, and as you can see on the rich list, exchanges currently control a large amount of NOBL (and that's a conservative tagging, ie. some high-ranking untagged entries in the rich list are probably exchanges as well)

each different address in your wallet shows up as a different address on the rich list. So in theory 5 of the top 10 addresses could all be in the same wallet.
am i correct? or is there a way to tell???
legendary
Activity: 1310
Merit: 1000
Like the coin and community! Go on
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
CharityMiningPools - Donate to Charity while you Mine!

nobl.charityminingpools.com

Come mine while making a difference.

Total Donations Raised for Charity so far in June: 61,005 NOBL - To the WaterProject
Total Donations Raised and Donated to Charity in May: 103,037 NOBL - To the WaterProject
Total Donations Raised and Donated to Charity in April: 24,885 NOBL - To the WaterProject
Total Donations Raised and Donated to Charity in March: 12,317 NOBL - To the WaterProject
Total Donations Raised and Donated to Charity in February: 43,288 NOBL - To the BitGive Foundation

Track our Donations from our WaterProject Fundraisng Page at The Water Project

Mandatory 0.5% donation fee goes to the The Water Project this month.  We welcome and encourage you to donate more to a good cause.
Check out our Campaign Page if you would like to directly donate to the Water Project!

SSL, STRATUM, VARDIFF, Datacenter Redundant Server Farm, Load Balanced Servers, Frequent Backups, DDOS Protection
0.5% Mandatory Donation fee to a Good Cause, 0.5% Pool Fees

Cheers!
CharityMiningPools
Activity: 616
Merit: 503
@coaex - LBMA certified Gold & Silver
Could anyone notify us before POS stage or is there any date for it?
I think we'll re-enable NOBLE and start to feature NOBLE products, then.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Blockchain Developer
Great to see Noble considering stake! Definite possibilities for charitable contribution.

I hope the PoS percentage is decent (+50%) and the period is short. But that's just my minor vote.

Thanks for stopping by StakeHunter.  I have a feeling you won't be disappointed!
Activity: 155
Great to see Noble considering stake! Definite possibilities for charitable contribution.

I hope the PoS percentage is decent (+50%) and the period is short. But that's just my minor vote.
legendary
Activity: 1100
Merit: 1032
Publishing a sort of Gini index of NOBL would fit with the ideals of NOBL. It should also come with initiatives to reduce our index, with initiatives such as faucets, giveaway... How close people can cheat and have several wallets but this is a start and is better than nothing.
You've got rich lists and wealth distribution at http://chainz.cryptoid.info/nobl/#!rich

However one address doesn't equate one person, not does it even equate to one wallet, as "change" addresses are involved in the bitcoin protocol, and can hold a large amount of coins.

Also there is the whole issue of exchanges, which only maintain amounts in their (private) databases, and as you can see on the rich list, exchanges currently control a large amount of NOBL (and that's a conservative tagging, ie. some high-ranking untagged entries in the rich list are probably exchanges as well)
Activity: 778
Hi Rofo,

Last week I did some giveaways for RDD, SC and PIGGY. It brought me a 100 extra followers on twitter and i did spread some coins. When things are settled here with Noble, I am willing to do the same here. If you are interested for some marketingcampaign or big giveaway just give me a sign.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Blockchain Developer
Presstab, code-wise, is it possible to implement something good, like less reward for the biggest wallets? I am not sure at all if this desirable and I certainly don't want to push for implementing such a diminishing get reward, but I'd like to investigate the technical feasibility.

I wouldn't want to do it, and it would be pointless anyways since one person can use more than one address.  My goal isn't to redistribute NOBL wealth. I like a good distribution, but I want it to occur naturally.
Activity: 658
Monero Core Team
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022
100 sat incoming soon? ))

I don´t know if "soon", but it will get there eventually. Remember the highest price of Noble was above 300 sat.
Activity: 128
Monero Core Team
- Watch this: How economic inequality harms society
- Read that:Gini index for crypto and the subsequent answers (particularly regarding the similar indexes and the limitations of Gini, which is about income, not about savings).

Presstab, code-wise, is it possible to implement something good, like less reward for the biggest wallets? I am not sure at all if this desirable and I certainly don't want to push for implementing such a diminishing get reward, but I'd like to investigate the technical feasibility.
Monero Core Team
Extending Bitcoin’s Proof of Work via Proof of Stake
http://eprint.iacr.org/2014/452.pdf

might be interesting for some of you.

Very interesting & from big names, something we'll be keeping an eye on definitely.
We discussed it internally some weeks ago among the Monero core team. The main issue is not technological but more one of inertia and general mentality among the Bitcoin Dev community, a very conservative one. Bottom-line: don't place high hopes on it being implemented on Bitcoin and it has not much to do with technical merits.

Still worth reading for Noble, though. Also take a look at MC2.
Monero Core Team
Noble already has one of the most professional devel
and as far as cleaning up..... not many people refer to Noble as a scam. we are the most transparent and open crypto currencies on the net. which is something investors like.
I will contact devtome once I'll be back from Brazil. It should help, since he is a respected authority when it comes to transparency in altcoins.
Monero Core Team
Hi. I'm posting from a phone en route to Brazil, so excuse my style.

WTB 5 millions NOBL. I'd appreciate 1% escrow from Rofo emma or myeagleflies.
Lower amounts considered too.

Merit: 500
i think everyone's getting fedup of the asics now. they really had no reason to sell down all the stock. think about if bitcoin had remained gpu minable and no asics were developed for it. the price would probably be $10,000 right now with only a couple new coins being made per day to meet growing demand. introduction of the asics literally slashed prices across the board as powerhouses cashed out impatiently disregarding the wellbeing of their peers as the paper put it. and in other cases raising the difficulty too high for gpus to gain a reasonable profit margin.

i believe the future of asics will serve a much better purpose in multipools generating investment into a currency and building it's value. but theyre no good when they supply way too much over the demand rate.
legendary
Activity: 1232

Very interesting & from big names, something we'll be keeping an eye on definitely.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Jump to: