Author

Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS - page 242. (Read 1053098 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
has anyone else here heard about GHash having over 50% of bitcoin network hashrate?
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
network in a state that its save to transfer coins out of mintpal in my wallet?

now u go POS i had to buy into noble too  Cool
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

All this talk about using an exchange to switch coins is confusing me  Huh

I probably shouldn't have brought up the subject in my previous post. I was just stating a personal preference based on how past coins did swapovers and such. If it's just a hard fork and all goes to plan, it would unlikely be needed.

Seems I accidentally spread confusing info just by posting a preference. Now I see how easy it is for evil people to spread fud, which of course wasn't my intention here. Sorry for any confusion.

everybody makes mistakes Smiley
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

I probably shouldn't have brought up the subject in my previous post. I was just stating a personal preference based on how past coins did swapovers and such. If it's just a hard fork and all goes to plan, it would unlikely be needed.

Seems I accidentally spread confusing info just by posting a preference. Now I see how easy it is for evil people to spread fud, which of course wasn't my intention here. Sorry for any confusion.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Yeah for those of you who are seeking correct information #NobleCoin on webchat.freenode.net is the best place to reach myself and the rest of the team.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
It sounds like a lot of people want a new chain rather than fork in the existing chain?

New chain like new coin?

No one wants that  Tongue

No new chain, no exchange. Nothing like CAI/CAIx except as a last resort solution. But it should not be needed - Philosopher's Stone moved to full PoS less than one month ago for the very same reason as you and got no problem. And presstab knows their code.

Me and presstab are on IRC atm (but I am VERY busy, so don't place high hopes on me responding to you).

Edit :
myeagleflies I am hoping to have the main framework cranked out this weekend
then we will testnet it - and I invite all to participate
this sounds fast. fingers crossed
sure I will try to help with testing
then once vetted we will set an amount of time before the actual fork occurs - 1 month is safe - but we can speed it up if we are in a hurry to secure the chain
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Blockchain Developer
let`s wait what rofo and the devs say.

I have had discussion with rofo about building the framework for the PoS fork together and having a good round of testnetting to get any bugs out and make sure that the transition will happen smoothly. That is why I am confused when I hear people talking about using exchanges to switch out coins, I think it is wrong/old information. As long as everything goes to plan there should be no need for exchanges, proof of work coins will be eligible for stake without the end user having to do anything.

I have put about 5-6 hours into coding in the framework so far. Rofo will update everyone with details at his convenience.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Activity: yes
It sounds like a lot of people want a new chain rather than fork in the existing chain?

New chain like new coin?

No one wants that  Tongue

I just got (explained in the IRC channel),
If a new chain is launched you will swap your old coins for new coins, like a fixed IPO thing.

don't panic whatever happens no one will take away your coins  Tongue

So I don't really care if new chain or not..

EDIT: It seems that a regular fork will take place, no new chain no swaps. be calm  Cool
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
let`s wait what rofo and the devs say.
legendary
Blockchain Developer

New chain like new coin?

No one wants that  Tongue

All this talk about using an exchange to switch coins is confusing me  Huh
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Activity: yes

New chain like new coin?

No one wants that  Tongue
legendary
Blockchain Developer
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
My preference for the POS change would be to use an exchange or two for the swapover, rather than rely on wallets. I think a lot of people are lazy (and probably myself too), so would rather an exchange just handle all of that stuff for them.

When an exchange does the swap, doesn't it mean you have to send all your coins there, or risk losing all those you didn't send? be they in cold storage wallets, paper wallets, etc.

yep, this requires a lot more time to give everybody the chance to send their coins to an exchange.

How much do the exchanges make from everyone's PoS deposits ?
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
yep, this requires a lot more time to give everybody the chance to send their coins to an exchange.

During that time, isn't the old blockchain very vulnerable?

Since all miners will have moved to the new chain, the old one will fall to low difficulty, which will make 51% attacks on it trivial, and thus an attacker can double-spends to the exchange for conversion to the new chain... so isn't the process quite risky?

It is very risky. COL went PoS after the fisrt halving..

WARNING ! The following contains scenes of people getting hard forked FUCKED. ---> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-colossuscoin-151-big-strong-and-friendly-279601

The mere fact that the switch is in the works will raise suspicions about this coin.

EDIT

COL takeover thread --> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-colossuscoin-152-big-strong-and-friendly-swap-closed-492392
legendary
Activity: 1100
Merit: 1032

During that time, isn't the old blockchain very vulnerable?

Since all miners will have moved to the new chain, the old one will fall to low difficulty, which will make 51% attacks on it trivial, and thus an attacker can double-spends to the exchange for conversion to the new chain... so isn't the process quite risky?
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
My preference for the POS change would be to use an exchange or two for the swapover, rather than rely on wallets. I think a lot of people are lazy (and probably myself too), so would rather an exchange just handle all of that stuff for them.

When an exchange does the swap, doesn't it mean you have to send all your coins there, or risk losing all those you didn't send? be they in cold storage wallets, paper wallets, etc.

legendary
Activity: 1100
Merit: 1032

legendary
Blockchain Developer
I haven't kept track of Noble goings on lately, and just checked in now... see the coin is going POS... interesting, and probably a good idea.

Couple of questions:

Is that partner coin thing still going to happen? I recall the idea was for POS (and various flavor) coins to be made as partner coins to Noble, allowing swaps or given free to Noble holders. That still in the works?

Marketplace discount up to 30% still planned?

And as for Noble itself, I think the goal shouldn't necessarily be big returns, or to raise the price to some insane level, but simply look for stability. At whatever price it gets to (hopefully more than it currently is), all you need is for the coin to remain relatively stable. That way people can focus on the marketplace and use the coin as an actual currency. If a crypto has wild swings, nobody will want to spend it. Nobody wants to buy some item using crypto and find out 2 weeks from now they just spent 10x more than they should have. The more stable a coin is, the more likely people will use it at the marketplace.

It will simply be a hard fork rather than a new coin that is swapped in. At least if everything goes according to plan.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
I haven't kept track of Noble goings on lately, and just checked in now... see the coin is going POS... interesting, and probably a good idea.

Couple of questions:

Is that partner coin thing still going to happen? I recall the idea was for POS (and various flavor) coins to be made as partner coins to Noble, allowing swaps or given free to Noble holders. That still in the works?

Marketplace discount up to 30% still planned?

And as for Noble itself, I think the goal shouldn't necessarily be big returns, or to raise the price to some insane level, but simply look for stability. At whatever price it gets to (hopefully more than it currently is), all you need is for the coin to remain relatively stable. That way people can focus on the marketplace and use the coin as an actual currency. If a crypto has wild swings, nobody will want to spend it. Nobody wants to buy some item using crypto and find out 2 weeks from now they just spent 10x more than they should have. The more stable a coin is, the more likely people will use it at the marketplace.

legendary
Blockchain Developer
I am commencing some investigatory coding for Noblecoin. I have been able to successfully build the windows Qt with a bit of patch work. I am hoping to get testnet running in order to test some forking Smiley

cool, good to hear!

I have had no communication with official devs right now, and am simply in the stage of exploring for personal curiosity... Just so everyone is clear.
Jump to: