Author

Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS - page 348. (Read 1053098 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
i ve been reading and mining since november it time for me to get out of the closet after all ive been voting every single day multiple time a day on mintpal after all im in the noble richlist  Smiley
i had to bring my computers on the main floor for maintenance but this week end i will throw 7k hash at noble for a while when the computers go back in my basement (to mine scrypt i need cool air)

that was it my first post on forum

note:let say noble was a bad investment for me Sad
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
my wallet is 23 h back with synching...

it says: WARNING: Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade.

somebody has nodes for me? Smiley

found it!
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
CLOAKCOIN. NOBLECOIN. VERICOIN.
sent you 1, not sure if any others sent some as well.

Cheers appreciate it.. Smiley

There is going to be a massive article released by Rofo very shortly highlighting everything from the state of cyptocurreny, to the future of NOBL so be patient and prepare to be blown away.  Shocked

You have the inside on this..?? Wink
Activity: 336
Hey guys does anyone know what the marketing strategy for the future is for NOBLE? We have the best devs and community anywhere but it doesnt seem like many people know about us. How will we spread the noble influence from here?

There is going to be a massive article released by Rofo very shortly highlighting everything from the state of cyptocurreny, to the future of NOBL so be patient and prepare to be blown away.  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Hey guys does anyone know what the marketing strategy for the future is for NOBLE? We have the best devs and community anywhere but it doesnt seem like many people know about us. How will we spread the noble influence from here?

I'm quite sure lots of people knows about Noble, but many get too distracted by the 'meme' coins and now 'country' coins in order to make a quick $ here or there.
1Kb
Activity: 224
Cool and big thanks whoever sent it.. Working.. Smiley
sent you 1, not sure if any others sent some as well.
Cool and big thanks whoever sent it.. Working.. Smiley
Sorry if this is being cheeky but could some one send a noblecoin or a fraction of to this address to test it please..?  Please post as soon as you can so I don't get thousands lol..

9murkgcqDxnFSk3QidLy6JibGMRCewKhjp

(Got a vanity address app working)

Many thanks.
Activity: 406
Do not send your coins to Coinex.pw!

122648579   a day ago   Withdrawal | 7210924.37190082 NOBL
Destination: 9nQJmZNHQ7BTBNiSwnmEftxSn8yetFtqRf

I am trying to withdraw my coins but it is not possible. I've sent two tickets to the support - no reply.
Maybe e-mail from the devs will help?
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
Meme contest is finished! Thanks for your contributions. Voting thread will be opened tomorrow, so get ready to pick your favorite meme Smiley

Also, don't forget to submit your videos and paper wallets, massive 400k noble reward (800k total) for either!
Activity: 245
Was there a fork or checkpoint update recently??  Huh

There was a checkpoint update to the source code earlier but no mandatory forks (soon(ish)) or wallet updates (soon).
I always worry about forks that change the mining reward. I've seen a couple of coins die in part due to poorly implemented forks. I'm sure you guys have it handled, but be sure to be extra thorough! Smiley

Wink

A draft excerpt from what we're writing up:

Bi-Weekly Forking
There are rumblings and a growing backlash behind the scenes from certain service providers and exchanges against the constant forking of coins. Every time a coin hard forks every service provider, exchange, trader, miner and user has to update their wallet in time to prevent losing coins or having their service disrupted. The larger the networks, the longer you want to ideally give your user base the ability to update their clients and test their services. Both BTC and LTC ‘are exceedingly careful in avoiding unnecessary rule changes that completely breaks sync compatibility with old clients.’  

Bi-weekly forks are not a good thing; they only highlight the fact that nothing you invest your hash rate, time or money in is certain. Community members need to be sure that the coins they are supporting will not suddenly restrict, inflate or change dramatically (read: manipulation). We cannot continue to fork to ‘flavour of the month’ specifications to keep a vocal minority happy who are only looking for a rise in price (justified, artificial or otherwise) so that they can cash out.  To make things worse, coins are forking to untried ‘marketing gimmicks’ which have real or theoretical security issues and vulnerabilities. No, I am not talking about BlackCoin (BC), ZeitCoin (ZEIT) and CryptoRush issues, as that is a whole other can of worms.

We are seeing an increase in lost coins, disrupted services, failed payments and general confusion from community’s regarding the current state of ‘development’ and version of their wallet. Stability of development progression and the core protocol is very important for the perceived viability of a network designed to be a long-lasting medium of commerce. Rushing through forks every month is not how you build trust, protect the users and investors and ensure uninterrupted services.

Edit added: Anything detailed in Part IV that we intend to change and will require a hard fork we want to be viewable, discussed, tested and externally checked by as many people as interested to make sure we’re doing it in the most secure, clean and efficient way. Hard forks and their intended changes will be announced months in advance, simply because taking things slowly and carefully in our eyes is how ‘development’, no matter how simple, should be done.

Damn it, Rofo. Stop reading my mind. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
well, idk how many ppl care for dota, but... this years biggest E-sport event date got announced recently http://blog.dota2.com/2014/03/the-international-10/
since it is kinda hinted that you will be able to purchase items from valve store then i think it would be great if it would be ready before the international. Since every year there are lot of new merchandise during The international and if you could buy it with noble, lot more ppl would be interested in it. just my thoughts.

still voting
still mining

Activity: 691
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1232
Was there a fork or checkpoint update recently??  Huh

There was a checkpoint update to the source code earlier but no mandatory forks (soon(ish)) or wallet updates (soon).
I always worry about forks that change the mining reward. I've seen a couple of coins die in part due to poorly implemented forks. I'm sure you guys have it handled, but be sure to be extra thorough! Smiley

Wink

A draft excerpt from what we're writing up:

Bi-Weekly Forking
There are rumblings and a growing backlash behind the scenes from certain service providers and exchanges against the constant forking of coins. Every time a coin hard forks every service provider, exchange, trader, miner and user has to update their wallet in time to prevent losing coins or having their service disrupted. The larger the networks, the longer you want to ideally give your user base the ability to update their clients and test their services. Both BTC and LTC ‘are exceedingly careful in avoiding unnecessary rule changes that completely breaks sync compatibility with old clients.’  

Bi-weekly forks are not a good thing; they only highlight the fact that nothing you invest your hash rate, time or money in is certain. Community members need to be sure that the coins they are supporting will not suddenly restrict, inflate or change dramatically (read: manipulation). We cannot continue to fork to ‘flavour of the month’ specifications to keep a vocal minority happy who are only looking for a rise in price (justified, artificial or otherwise) so that they can cash out.  To make things worse, coins are forking to untried ‘marketing gimmicks’ which have real or theoretical security issues and vulnerabilities. No, I am not talking about BlackCoin (BC), ZeitCoin (ZEIT) and CryptoRush issues, as that is a whole other can of worms.

We are seeing an increase in lost coins, disrupted services, failed payments and general confusion from community’s regarding the current state of ‘development’ and version of their wallet. Stability of development progression and the core protocol is very important for the perceived viability of a network designed to be a long-lasting medium of commerce. Rushing through forks every month is not how you build trust, protect the users and investors and ensure uninterrupted services.

Edit added: Anything detailed in Part IV that we intend to change and will require a hard fork we want to be viewable, discussed, tested and externally checked by as many people as interested to make sure we’re doing it in the most secure, clean and efficient way. Hard forks and their intended changes will be announced months in advance, simply because taking things slowly and carefully in our eyes is how ‘development’, no matter how simple, should be done.
Activity: 378
when I want to open my wallet there is always an error that says "blkindex.dat" can`t be load...
what can I do?

http://doges.org/index.php?topic=8052.0

Looks like a good explanation.

thank you Smiley
Activity: 245
Was there a fork or checkpoint update recently??  Huh

legendary
Activity: 1232

Negative on that my friend!

Don't forget to keep voting guys!

www.mintpal.com/voting

Lots of news and information to come shortly!
Jump to: