Pages:
Author

Topic: Not another is Bitcoin dead question?? BUT... - page 2. (Read 2806 times)

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818
Value is not a good measurement of how BTC is doing. Right now its value is simply the playground of a bunch of speculators.

If you look for alternatives you should look at the technical differences. Where BTC has been quite stagnant on that front, some altcoins have faired way better. Take a look at NXT for example, tons of projects are being build on that. There are plenty of others too. SYS is building a decentralised exchange. Vericoin has a very cool wallet. HYPER is aimed at gamers and pays 5%/month interest for PoS. And some countrycoins are doing well, most notably NLG and Sterlingcoin.

People here say that BTC is the one and only. Very understandable. But does anyone stop to remember MSN? Or MySpace? BTC needs to keep reïnventing itself or it will be replaced by something better. It's the blockchain technology that really is the breakthrough, not BTC itself.

Read the white paper again and wiki:

https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Block_chain

You can't separate the two, they work in conjunction with each other, and because of each other.

There's no blockchain without Bitcoin, and vice versa.

Excuse me, I could have chosen my words more precisely. Where I used the word 'blockchain' I ment 'a public ledger with a certain set of algorithms governing it'.

In my defence, most people refer to those ledgers as 'blockchains'.  I will even go so far as to contend that the public use of this word will replace the meaning that you quote from the Bitcoin wiki, where it refers only to the public ledger that underpins (or: is, in a sense) bitcoin.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
Value is not a good measurement of how BTC is doing. Right now its value is simply the playground of a bunch of speculators.

If you look for alternatives you should look at the technical differences. Where BTC has been quite stagnant on that front, some altcoins have faired way better. Take a look at NXT for example, tons of projects are being build on that. There are plenty of others too. SYS is building a decentralised exchange. Vericoin has a very cool wallet. HYPER is aimed at gamers and pays 5%/month interest for PoS. And some countrycoins are doing well, most notably NLG and Sterlingcoin.

People here say that BTC is the one and only. Very understandable. But does anyone stop to remember MSN? Or MySpace? BTC needs to keep reïnventing itself or it will be replaced by something better. It's the blockchain technology that really is the breakthrough, not BTC itself.

Read the white paper again and wiki:

https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Block_chain

You can't separate the two, they work in conjunction with each other, and because of each other.

There's no blockchain without Bitcoin, and vice versa.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
not dead, just came out from immature...
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
Value is not a good measurement of how BTC is doing. Right now it's value is simply the playground of a bunch of speculators.

you are rare piece here. you think by using your brain !

If I would be miner, I would start looking to ALTcoins. BTC is useless now for any miner. They cannot make any profit
Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
I know Bitcoin is not a scam and will not disappear. Having said that the large price fluctuations are clearly manipulated by cyber attacks and negative media attention.

and by black markets or exchanges who are falling from time to time.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
I know Bitcoin is not a scam and will not disappear. Having said that the large price fluctuations are clearly manipulated by cyber attacks and negative media attention.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
Buy and hodl if you don't know how to trade.
Never sell your coins with a loss.
it didn't work all time
some people bought bitcoin when it was at peak(around 1200$)
so the only option they had either sell at loss of hold for year with hope of price increasing

Well you need certain notions of spoting bubbles. the 1200 peak was a big obvious bubble. Would anyone guessed that it would crash this much? not really, but it was obvious that at least a big correction would happen.
Activity: 882
Merit: 102
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds
Can't talk about alternatives on the 'bitcoin general section'

Too  many people with vested interests here to talk any sense. Bitcoin is the only coin to them and they ignore all the problems.
You need to find the better coin yourself. People won't tell you before it's big.
Activity: 714
it didn't work all time
so the only option they had either sell at loss of hold for year with hope of price increasing
Or they could have just used money, they don't need short/medium term, like I did.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
it didn't work all time
Activity: 644
My goal is becaming a billionaire.
BITCOIN. ONE STATEMENT. ELECTRICITY WHORE ! LOTS OF WORK AND NO RETURN WASTED MONEY AND EFFORT .

Is that a reference to Bitcoin mining or the Proof of Work Algorithm?

I'm not sure which angle you were going for, maybe TALK A LITTLE LOUDER!   Angry

Probably neither of them , he don't even know what he is talking about as far as I can see and he is posting this message kinda everywhere , look at his post on another thread, exactly the same (Copy,paste) => https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-many-of-you-still-believe-bitcoin-will-free-you-from-paying-tax-one-day-940140
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust
OP: trade less, read more  Wink
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
You would be missing the point if you think Bitcoin will follow the alt's destiny (ultimate death).

Bitcoin is crashing so it can prove to the world how insanely resilent it is. It is destined for triumph. Failure is not an option. Just watch and see history unfold itself.
better everyday ♥
BITCOIN. ONE STATEMENT. ELECTRICITY WHORE ! LOTS OF WORK AND NO RETURN WASTED MONEY AND EFFORT .

Is that a reference to Bitcoin mining or the Proof of Work Algorithm?

I'm not sure which angle you were going for, maybe TALK A LITTLE LOUDER!   Angry
better everyday ♥
If you think Bitcoin as an investment vehicle for day trading, then you truly don't know what Bitcoin is.

If you compare Bitcoin to those Alt-coins that our merely speculative pump and dump scams, then you need to read up more on the underlying technology.

Do more research on what Bitcoin really is.  It's a cryptocurrency yes, but more so it's a way to transmit payment across global borders quickly with minimal fees.  It's a way to pay anonymously, to acquire and store wealth without the aid of central banks, to act as a voting system, to remit money to loved ones without western union.  It's best investion and function is the blockchain, which already has both developers and investors drooling over the possiblities that you can build and implement applications on top of this.

Once you know what Bitcoin is, you won't care about those other scamcoins, about it's volatile price, and whether it's "dead" every other day.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
You should focus on Bitcoin instead of thinking about Bitcoin alternatives.

Each year when Bitcoin seems to go down by a lot people are losing faith.

If the price is going up by a lot people change into ultra Bitcoin believers.

I understand people want to make a few bucks, nothing wrong with that, but at least stop thinking Bitcoin will die if the price goes down.
Activity: 686
A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night
We're currently diverging from the long term trend line. Basically any long term trend line you apply to the chart. That means, either Bitcoin is actually dying or just in for a huge correction upwards at some point in the future. It's up to you to decide where to put your money.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
No-one knows what will happen to the price but as stated above acceptance and tech is growing rapidly.
Activity: 714
Im following Bitcoin since about 2 years and also traded quiet succesfully with alt-coins last year.
I quit trading alt coins because in my eyes its too hard to make much money doing so anymore, plus 90% of them coins were a scam from the beginning on

But now if I compare Bitcoin with alt-coins, it obviously follows the same pattern as most alt coins had on exchanges

low buy in - hype than they dissapeared

is Bitcoin following the same pattern?? Will Bitcoin eventually rerise??

What would be an alternative to Bitcoin at this time??
Just look at the news about Bitcoin:
Overstock/Dell/Microsoft accepting Bitcoin
Winklevoss twins bringing Bitcoin to Wallstreet
Projects like Lighthouse

Just looking at the price is the stupiest thing you can do. It says nothing about, if Bitcoin will stay or die.
You see a lot of serious business working with Bitcoin, that is an indication, that Bitcoin will stay(and rise eventually)
Pages:
Jump to: