Pages:
Author

Topic: [Not] Good price at CEX.io - page 13. (Read 49080 times)

Activity: 304
Merit: 250
December 30, 2013, 07:29:07 AM
I don't think you understand how it works. The price will continue to drop as the difficulty rises. The mining revenue is expected to make up for the drop in price, but the problem is that the shares cost more (0.0425 BTC) than they will ever mine (less than 0.0300 BTC). As a result, the revenue will never exceed or even equal the drop in price, and it will be a loss for everyone except a few lucky (or smart) people and the people that run cex.io.

Price on cex.io never reflected difficulty increases, it's just a cex.io owners game. Many people there just bought something they does not know what it is. Now is time, when players are waiting when those people start panic-selling and start buying again.
Activity: 336
December 29, 2013, 02:08:42 PM
It's pretty cheap now... It's like people overestimated the decline due to difficulty increase and panic sold all their holdings. I've never seen it this low before and the difficulty didn't rise THAT much.  Huh

The price is still expensive.
legendary
Activity: 2006
Merit: 1028
Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!
December 29, 2013, 02:07:40 PM
It's pretty cheap now... It's like people overestimated the decline due to difficulty increase and panic sold all their holdings. I've never seen it this low before and the difficulty didn't rise THAT much.  Huh
December 29, 2013, 01:59:28 PM
sooo, now is the right time, when cex.io owners selling out their gigahashes? i mean - 98% had those guys, which pumped price high and now has investment returned, so they are selling everything out to plebz? maybe price drops to level, where it should be? just asking, ofkoz...
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
December 28, 2013, 03:48:37 AM
CEX.io is not worth to try i think
I made some coins... but you need to keep and eye on the exchange
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
December 26, 2013, 07:37:37 PM
CEX.io is not worth to try i think
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
December 26, 2013, 05:54:34 PM
I thought this was an interesting thread when it was people commenting on the CEX market price and it was originally entitled, "Good price at CEX.io".

The title was then changed a week or two back to "[Not] Good price at CEX.io" then a few haters and people who had been burned elsewhere arrived to vent, share their tales of loss, pour negativity on CEX and all who use it. Yes, life is risky, yes, you may have been burned. Most folks are well aware that the bitcoin community is filled with scammers and thieves, most of them quite likely to be the older, supposedly more trustworthy members of this community of the age and ilk of those venting and hating here.

Even in my short life as a registered member of this forum I've managed to narrowly avoid loss with Bitfunder, Inputs.io, and mcxNOW and it could be that everywhere I place my bitcoins carries some degree of risk. There's no such thing as risk-free lunch after all. However, what all the venters and haters have said amounts only to criticism and critique, there's been no positive solutions offered, just the usual caveat emptor and why don't you do what I do because I know best while they pour scorn on CEX and anyone who has a good word to say about it.

Well, it may be that to some people CEX is the worst thing since sliced bread and maybe CEX will run off like thieves in the night with our bitcoins, but in the meantime I'm happy to use the service, I like CEX, I appreciate it has pitfalls, manipulatory practices and is inherently risky but that's fine with me right now. Maybe I'll get additional information that will change my mind tomorrow, maybe I won't, but my comments on this thread are at an end, I will leave those of you who are burned, bitter, venting and hating to share your negativity with whomever will listen.

Smiley

narrowly avoided loss on mcx? i bought some fee's when price plumeted due to closing. at around .06~ each, can you guess how much profit i made when price rose to .2 Wink?

just like everything involving crypto's, the best way to make money is by being smart with investments. (still poor tho Q.Q)
Activity: 728
Merit: 253
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
December 21, 2013, 09:08:39 PM
Want to know about cex.io prices? Smiley
Here is my own topic about cex and my experience of using it: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mining-with-cexio-or-why-do-i-not-believe-skeptics-378439

Good write up - shows an interesting perspective.  Thanks.
Activity: 276
In Blockchain We Trust!
December 20, 2013, 11:39:18 AM
Want to know about cex.io prices? Smiley
Here is my own topic about cex and my experience of using it: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mining-with-cexio-or-why-do-i-not-believe-skeptics-378439
December 16, 2013, 03:02:13 PM
Hi, I just put out first kick of simple Android graphs for cex.io, so have a look Wink
December 15, 2013, 10:54:40 AM
Reminder - it looks like we are on for another 10 day difficulty cycle as compared to a 15 day cycle.  It last changed on the 10th, so it can happen any time after the 20 (a special christmas present for us) yeah??? hahah...more like a lump of coal =/
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
December 15, 2013, 10:12:57 AM
Seems like a seems like a legit service, got a account there, works really steady, the not sell you  blocksteals, got some altcoins for free.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebIWBPVubOI

December 13, 2013, 05:18:22 AM
They're comping the user - I don't see the big deal??
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
December 12, 2013, 05:45:58 PM
I doubt CEX.IO was hacked.  Mostly likely the user had the same pw and email from this forum and after the man in the middle attack didn't switch passwords.

If you're going to store coins online somewhere, turn on 2FA, and use difficult passwords that you don't use anywhere else.
It is possible, but not likely.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C
December 11, 2013, 04:08:55 PM
I little update for those of you who still think cex are not a bunch of incompetent, double spending, bad attitude rip-off scam artists:

http://mentaso.com/bitcoin-news/cex-part-2-the-hacked-account-and-children-playing-grownups.html
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
December 11, 2013, 02:45:11 PM
Its not a good site for just going straight in and buying a load of GHs, but if you can get some, then you can buy and sell, making both BTC from the actual hardware and BTC from the profits of trading.
It can get very profitable.
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
December 10, 2013, 01:16:01 AM
I doubt CEX.IO was hacked.  Mostly likely the user had the same pw and email from this forum and after the man in the middle attack didn't switch passwords.

If you're going to store coins online somewhere, turn on 2FA, and use difficult passwords that you don't use anywhere else.
Activity: 615
December 09, 2013, 08:07:22 PM
yeah I saw that article thanks! I activated google authenticator because of it. cheers Smiley
Activity: 686
WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C
December 09, 2013, 07:22:59 PM
anyone think the price will drop this diff change? It's not showed any signs of doing so in the past. Guess people are still earning off trading. I've a tiny bit working away but if history's anything to go by leaving it running seems to make most sense...?

I'm sure if you slip them a few BTC they'll adjust the price in your favour......just keep your balance as low as possible:

http://mentaso.com/bitcoin-news/cex-io-hacked-user-loses-7-btc.html
Pages:
Jump to: