Pages:
Author

Topic: Notre Dame destroyed by fire - page 4. (Read 13633 times)

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
April 16, 2019, 01:51:56 PM
'European Churches: Vandalized, Defecated On, and Torched "Every Day"'
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/14044/europe-churches-vandalized
Activity: 658
Merit: 851
April 16, 2019, 12:31:31 PM

I wouldn't call this a tragedy, at the end of the day this is just a building and no humans were injured.  This thing was all over the news when much more serious issues are happening.  This is a loss for the art world but lets keep our priorities straight.

You'll think what you want, I'm not here to start a debate but here is a tweet I liked :

https://twitter.com/opourriol/status/1118124953772199936

Victor Hugo remercie tous les généreux donateurs prêts à sauver Notre-Dame de Paris et leur propose de faire la même chose avec Les Misérables.

>>>

Victor Hugo wants to thank all the generous donators who are willing to save Notre-Dame de Paris and asks them to do the same with the "Miserables".

Makes you think...
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
April 16, 2019, 12:20:24 PM
Btw, Bettencourt and L'Oréal offered also 200 millions euros each for the reconstruction.
https://fr.investing.com/news/stock-market-news/loreal-et-les-bettencourt-font-un-don-de-200-millions-deuros-pour-notredame-715771
April 16, 2019, 12:07:56 PM
Some of the richest French people have already promised 600 millions Euros for the reconstruction.
Glad to hear this.I saw in google news that some people are linking this incident with 26/11 , is it correct?

Naah, they haven't even started the investigation yet. There is still a risk of the Cathedral falling down completely. It will take 48 hours to make sure it's safe then they will start an inventory of the place and only after that, the police will investigate.
Activity: 420
Merit: 31
minds.com/Wilikon
April 16, 2019, 12:04:53 PM
^^^ The illusion is in the word "never" that you use.     Cool

The illusion would be to believe in The One Truth...

Smiley

Activity: 181
Merit: 30
April 16, 2019, 11:55:02 AM
Some of the richest French people have already promised 600 millions Euros for the reconstruction.
Glad to hear this.I saw in google news that some people are linking this incident with 26/11 , is it correct?
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
April 16, 2019, 11:52:04 AM
^^^ The illusion is in the word "never" that you use.     Cool
minds.com/Wilikon
April 16, 2019, 11:46:51 AM

Priorities are never straight. It's an illusion. Look around this sub.

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554
April 16, 2019, 11:35:37 AM
The global tragedy is that modern architects do not use any kind of artwork in their buildings. That's the last trend in the architecture: to build some so-called "minimalistic" buildings from concrete and glass, get huge money for that and be happy. For the first time those buildings may look unusual but in a couple years after everyone get used to those innovations, it will look like shit.

One more beautiful building was heavily damaged. It will probably be restored but in general, we will see less of those beautifully decorated buildings.

I wouldn't call this a tragedy, at the end of the day this is just a building and no humans were injured.  This thing was all over the news when much more serious issues are happening.  This is a loss for the art world but lets keep our priorities straight.
minds.com/Wilikon
April 16, 2019, 11:12:42 AM
I'm sure they'll fix it. I read an article that one prominent family is donating 100m euros for the restoration of the cathedral. Don't have anything against that, and i the notredame cathedral is a highly valuable work of architechture, but imagine if people are also this passionate in dealing with children going hungry in the poorest parts of the world. Just saying.

Send some of YOUR money helping the children while others save their cathedral. It's a big world with plenty of simultaneous options...
People are still suffering in Haiti. You could start there.

Activity: 924
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 16, 2019, 09:39:51 AM
I'm sure they'll fix it. I read an article that one prominent family is donating 100m euros for the restoration of the cathedral. Don't have anything against that, and i the notredame cathedral is a highly valuable work of architechture, but imagine if people are also this passionate in dealing with children going hungry in the poorest parts of the world. Just saying.
April 16, 2019, 09:35:02 AM
Activity: 924
Merit: 148
April 16, 2019, 09:27:53 AM
The global tragedy is that modern architects do not use any kind of artwork in their buildings. That's the last trend in the architecture: to build some so-called "minimalistic" buildings from concrete and glass, get huge money for that and be happy. For the first time those buildings may look unusual but in a couple years after everyone get used to those innovations, it will look like shit.

One more beautiful building was heavily damaged. It will probably be restored but in general, we will see less of those beautifully decorated buildings.
April 16, 2019, 08:36:13 AM
From what I heard on the news, this is all very strange as they had a hell of a security system there : the area was restricted, they had guards, fire alarms of course...
But most of the Cathedral was also very old, some of its structure dating from the 13th century and not being renewed since.
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
April 16, 2019, 08:31:22 AM
Truly sad, when I first saw the news break-in and the images, I was shot-back to 9/11. Hopefully this turns out to be purely accidental. Hopefully.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1536
April 16, 2019, 08:03:20 AM
Architecture could be repaired.
But much of the artwork can't.

It's true and one of the many perspectives about how we look at this accident. I choose to look at positive that No one got hurt here, life is more important to me in comparison to Art. and I am an artist by profession.

And if by any chance French not able to create a replica of lost Art then Chinese can surely help them because they are very good at it.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251
April 16, 2019, 08:02:28 AM

Still, as the number of vandalism and started fire of French churches only grew these last years, suspicion of a criminal burning can't be completely discarded.

And has anyone ever been arrested for previous vandalism? People have been joking the government would blame this on Quasimodo.

We almost never see these mentioned in the news, I don't even know church burnings is a thing in France now. If it wasn't Notre Dame, we probably wouldn't even hear about this.

Problem is that they never catch anyone.

The vandals aren't protected or whatever like some conspiracists like to say, but churches are by nature open buildings where anyone can enter. And in lots of places at any hour. It makes it easy to destroy them.
Activity: 994
Merit: 302
April 16, 2019, 07:56:35 AM

Still, as the number of vandalism and started fire of French churches only grew these last years, suspicion of a criminal burning can't be completely discarded.

And has anyone ever been arrested for previous vandalism? People have been joking the government would blame this on Quasimodo.

We almost never see these mentioned in the news, I don't even know church burnings is a thing in France now. If it wasn't Notre Dame, we probably wouldn't even hear about this.
Activity: 25
Merit: 1
April 16, 2019, 07:48:58 AM
They should have listened to Trump and send the water tankers.
Hahaha and this guy rules the most powerful nation in the world. Sorry that's not funny but the guy's a complete moron.
Pages:
Jump to: