Pages:
Author

Topic: [NRS|NoirShares] POW ENDING at 50k | DACs | MANDATORY WALLET UPDATE 6/23/2014 - page 75. (Read 141638 times)

Activity: 479
Merit: 250
just bought some at POLO been throwin votes at mint too Wink
Activity: 364
Activity: 452
NRS is finally unfrozen on poloniex!! GET BACK TO IT!! #TOTHEMOON

:-) bought some more..
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
NRS is finally unfrozen on poloniex!! GET BACK TO IT!! #TOTHEMOON
Activity: 275
Quick question on the stake. The OP says 3% stake but does anyone know what time period this is for? Daily? Weekly? Monthly? Annually?

Is there any way to determine how many POS shares have been minted to date vs. generated via proof of work?
3% stake with possibility of stake every 7-14 coindays

Thank you. So does this mean that the total number of NRS (excluding coins that are mined) will increase by 3% every 7-14 days? Or will it be less since only some coins will end up being staked, and the determination of which coins are staked is random?
+1
Activity: 275
NRS should reach more exchanges^^
Activity: 658
Merit: 257
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Quick question on the stake. The OP says 3% stake but does anyone know what time period this is for? Daily? Weekly? Monthly? Annually?

Is there any way to determine how many POS shares have been minted to date vs. generated via proof of work?
3% stake with possibility of stake every 7-14 coindays
Activity: 489
Merit: 500
The PoS finally works with the new wallet.

Anyway, which cpu pool is efficient now?
r05
Activity: 193
test cryptocoin please ignore
NRS frozen on Poloniex - any idea why?

tf2honeybadger, mod in trollbox on poloniex says "daemon had troubles, and the wallet server is down for hardware changes to increase speed."

Angry
I see.. Hopefully they get it back up soon. Polo are pretty good.

Somebody could tell me how can I unlock my wallet ?
walletpassphrase "passphrasehere" in the debug console of the wallet, to unlock for staking I believe.

walletpassphrase yourpassword 99999999999 true
^^ this.

Half asleep when I posted that Grin
Activity: 263

tf2honeybadger, mod in trollbox on poloniex says "daemon had troubles, and the wallet server is down for hardware changes to increase speed."

Angry

walletpassphrase "passphrasehere" in the debug console of the wallet, to unlock for staking I believe.

walletpassphrase yourpassword 99999999999 true
r05

Angry

Activity: 147
Activity: 478

Angry
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Can someone explain how the POS algorithm works? I minted several coins a few days ago, but now it's been 48 hours with zero coins found. Is this normal?

I expected the staking to be somewhat random but I was just surprised that there has been nothing for several days.

My guess is that at first you'd get alot minting from the coins that were aged from pre-PoS implementation and since it has corrected itself to the current day it now takes the expected time to mint them again.
Activity: 188
Merit: 104
why do u have to dump the private keys and all that stuff, because all i did was install the new QT wallet open it and it synced?

Updated Qt with PoS Fix
32 and 64bit exe and zips
https://github.com/NoirX/NoirShares-Qt

source
https://github.com/NoirX/NRS

Noirshares Upgrade Process

Step 0 Dump Private Keys

Step 1 See if blockchain redownload is needed.
   Help > Debug Window > Console. In the console type "getblock ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffeeee"
   If return is Block not found (code -5) there is no need to re-download the chain proceed to step 5
      1a otherwise backup privatekeys type "dumpprivkey " and copy down the output some place safe as this is how you will get your coins back.
      1b repeat 1a for each receiving address
Step 2 Shut down NoirShares, verify not still running in background

Step 3 If Block found open application data folder for NoirShares
   Windows default is %appdata%/NoirShares
   Linux default is ~/.NoirShares
   Mac OSx default is /Users//Library/NoirShares

Step 4 Delete everything except wallet.dat(unless you dumpedprivkeys in step 1) and (optional)NoirShares.conf

Step 5 Install new QT, unzip new QT, or build new Qt.
   Allow to sync to block height found at http://nrs.argakiig.us

Step 6 If keys were dumped in step 1
   Help > Debug Window > Console type "importprivkey ", Repeat for each private key.
   (Note: Qt can appear to hang during import step this is normal as block-chain is being checked for address to update balance with)

Do i really need to dump private keys and all this jazz? I just backed up the wallet file and deleted everything else. New client is installed and re-downloading the blockchain... looks good so far.

If you delete everything but the wallet.dat you shouldnt have any issues. this was more of a CYA then anything else. Plus if you dumpprivkeys you have a backup of your wallet and could essentially make a paper wallet if you wanted. Just a thought

Hope this helps

Thanks.  I had seen that in the OP but step 1 worked fine, so jumped ahead like it said.  Just deleted and reinstalled, working fine now.
r05
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
why do u have to dump the private keys and all that stuff, because all i did was install the new QT wallet open it and it synced?

Updated Qt with PoS Fix
32 and 64bit exe and zips
https://github.com/NoirX/NoirShares-Qt

source
https://github.com/NoirX/NRS

Noirshares Upgrade Process

Step 0 Dump Private Keys

Step 1 See if blockchain redownload is needed.
   Help > Debug Window > Console. In the console type "getblock ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffeeee"
   If return is Block not found (code -5) there is no need to re-download the chain proceed to step 5
      1a otherwise backup privatekeys type "dumpprivkey " and copy down the output some place safe as this is how you will get your coins back.
      1b repeat 1a for each receiving address
Step 2 Shut down NoirShares, verify not still running in background

Step 3 If Block found open application data folder for NoirShares
   Windows default is %appdata%/NoirShares
   Linux default is ~/.NoirShares
   Mac OSx default is /Users//Library/NoirShares

Step 4 Delete everything except wallet.dat(unless you dumpedprivkeys in step 1) and (optional)NoirShares.conf

Step 5 Install new QT, unzip new QT, or build new Qt.
   Allow to sync to block height found at http://nrs.argakiig.us

Step 6 If keys were dumped in step 1
   Help > Debug Window > Console type "importprivkey ", Repeat for each private key.
   (Note: Qt can appear to hang during import step this is normal as block-chain is being checked for address to update balance with)

Do i really need to dump private keys and all this jazz? I just backed up the wallet file and deleted everything else. New client is installed and re-downloading the blockchain... looks good so far.

If you delete everything but the wallet.dat you shouldnt have any issues. this was more of a CYA then anything else. Plus if you dumpprivkeys you have a backup of your wallet and could essentially make a paper wallet if you wanted. Just a thought

Hope this helps
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
I have finally downloaded the new wallet but it doesn't seem to ever finish syncing.  Right now it says "3229 blocks remaing", may say "500 blocks remaining" for a bit, then will go right back to 3229 again.  The coins I had in my wallet already are showing as unconfirmed also.  Any suggestions?

I had the same problem and what I had to do was completely restart the syncing of my wallet. If you go back this thread you can find the instructions on how to restart your wallet. When I followed the steps to resync, my wallet restarted from first block. I didn't have shares in my wallet yet so I didn't have to worry about reclaiming shares. Even though the first step told me skip down I still had to do all the steps in order for mine to work. I will find the topic for you and repost. Hope this helps.
Activity: 767
Merit: 500
Um, so.. where is everyone trading these at these days? Still frozen on poloni for me :\
Activity: 188
Merit: 104
I have finally downloaded the new wallet but it doesn't seem to ever finish syncing.  Right now it says "3229 blocks remaing", may say "500 blocks remaining" for a bit, then will go right back to 3229 again.  The coins I had in my wallet already are showing as unconfirmed also.  Any suggestions?
Pages:
Jump to: