Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 167. (Read 941260 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
@RealBitcoin:

If you lease, forging is completely 'fire and forget' for the leasing period. No need for a running node or open client once you've set it up.

There are a few pools around, I run a forging node with a few leased balances, but all that income gets used for Nxt stuff, mostly to faucet top-ups, so leasing to me is really donating your forging power and income.

Check out ForkedChains pool, they actually make regular payouts of your forging income from leasing:
https://nxtforum.org/leasing-pools/nxtcrypto-org-leased-forging-pool-only-fees-are-1nxt-to-withdraw/

and there's a couple of others, but I'm too lazy to search. Off to my bed...... Wink

It's really cool, if NXT comes mainstream , forging can serve as a interest bearing deposit account Smiley
Activity: 251
Merit: 250
Any explanation why the price pumped up that much? Just curious! Is it because the new 1.7.4 release?
Some Chinese spinning a bottle?
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
Any explanation why the price pumped up that much? Just curious! Is it because the new 1.7.4 release?
copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025
whats up everybody, im new to nxt been in crypto forever and have been watching, finally gonna invest a little. so a few questions, i downlaoded the client, it looks like an online wallet? is there a regular wallet or am i on the right track? thanks in advance and good luck to everybody in this new year where we all show this world how we roll in crypto lol

did you just push the price up to 2k? Cheesy

Possibry; )
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
whats up everybody, im new to nxt been in crypto forever and have been watching, finally gonna invest a little. so a few questions, i downlaoded the client, it looks like an online wallet? is there a regular wallet or am i on the right track? thanks in advance and good luck to everybody in this new year where we all show this world how we roll in crypto lol

did you just push the price up to 2k? Cheesy
copper member
Thanks man much appreciated!
There's no wallet.dat file or something like that, no private keys stored on your computer, no files to backup to usb sticks. It's just a 'brain wallet' where you remember (or use a password manager) your completely random passphrase (don't use song lyrics!). So yes, the wallet (NRS) is a local server running in the background, and you log in at http://localhost:7876/index.html to access it.
There's also a way to use NRS on an offline computer to create and sign transactions. Then use an Android app to scan a QR code on that computer to transmit the transaction to the network. I never used it, more info at https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/unveiling-the-new-nxtvault-secure-account-management-for-android-devices!-beta/
Be sure to test your passphrase a couple of times and see if you get access to the exact same NXT-account/address before you deposit any funds on it. Since every passphrase, even those with 'typos', opens a corresponding NXT-account.
Check out https://nxtforum.org/nxt-helpdesk/ as well.
copper member
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
I'd like to babble on about an idea to increase nxt usage towards the mainstream.

The reward economy.

This particular idea is NXTercise

NXTercise combines a fit tracker with NXT, and rewards you with some form of token on the NXT platform.

Possible uses.
1. A Mom and dad could load some value on the fit tracker that releases(rewards) the (out-of-shape) user(kid) once x amount of exercise preformed.

2. Coming soon, or you make one up. Wink

This idea is credited to my inlaws who since christmas have gotten a fit tracker. And have performed extra movements, such as extra stairs because it rewarded them with some type of point. This point made them happy enough to do more stairs. Lol ok, humans like to be rewarded for easy behavior.

Tldr. Mainstream needs a reward economy, even if it is only symbolic.

No, this is wrong and a stupid idea.
Merit: 1001
@RealBitcoin:

If you lease, forging is completely 'fire and forget' for the leasing period. No need for a running node or open client once you've set it up.

There are a few pools around, I run a forging node with a few leased balances, but all that income gets used for Nxt stuff, mostly to faucet top-ups, so leasing to me is really donating your forging power and income.

Check out ForkedChains pool, they actually make regular payouts of your forging income from leasing:
https://nxtforum.org/leasing-pools/nxtcrypto-org-leased-forging-pool-only-fees-are-1nxt-to-withdraw/

and there's a couple of others, but I'm too lazy to search. Off to my bed...... Wink
Activity: 444
I'd like to babble on about an idea to increase nxt usage towards the mainstream.

The reward economy.

NXTercise combines a fit tracker with NXT, and rewards you with some form of token on the NXT platform.

Possible uses.
1. A Mom and dad could load some value on the fit tracker that releases(rewards) the (out-of-shape) user(kid) once x amount of exercise preformed.

This idea is credited to my inlaws who since christmas have gotten a fit tracker. And have performed extra movements, such as extra stairs because it rewarded them with some type of point. This point made them happy enough to do more stairs. Lol ok, humans like to be rewarded for easy behavior.

I like the idea, it's like a token economy that will help improve adult and children's behavior.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Token_economy#Tokens
At what amount of coins do we bother solo forging and if not at that point yet how does one pool forge?

Good question. Forging needs to be always-on, and with anything less than 50-100,000 NXT you won't see much action. 
In order to "pool" your forging power, simply lease your balance to another Nxt account, here's the interface:

(sorry about the crappy GIMP work)

To find a forging pool, have a look on ww.nxtforum.org.
DOn't expect to get rich on Nxt forging, btw, return is around 1-2% per year, regardless of how big or small your balance is.
But it is good to support the network, so get forging in some way.

If you have any sort of always-on computer, Nxt will probably run on it, if you wish to run your own Nxt node.
RaspPi2 and CubieTrucks are a popular option for stand-alone Nxt forging nodes, if you like.

If I lease out my balance, do I need to keep client on always, or that does the forging without being online?

Do you know any forging pools that I can join?
Merit: 1001
At what amount of coins do we bother solo forging and if not at that point yet how does one pool forge?

Good question. Forging needs to be always-on, and with anything less than 50-100,000 NXT you won't see much action.  
In order to "pool" your forging power, simply lease your balance to another Nxt account, here's the interface:

(sorry about the crappy GIMP work)

To find a forging pool, have a look on www.nxtforum.org.
Don't expect to get rich on Nxt forging, btw, return is around 1-2% per year, regardless of how big or small your balance is.
But it is good to support the network, so get forging in some way.

If you have any sort of always-on computer, Nxt will probably run on it, if you wish to run your own Nxt node.
RaspPi2 and CubieTrucks are a popular option for stand-alone Nxt forging nodes, if you like.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
You sir are my hero for today.

And I am officially announcing my candidacy for my nearest local bus stop, wherever that may be.

Now what? How does nxt grant me these powers?

Yep, gamification, badges, titles. Sharing your achievements to social media. Remember Foursquare? People wanting to be the mayor of a bus stop? Smiley

Yep, gamification, badges, titles. Sharing your achievements to social media. Remember Foursquare? People wanting to be the mayor of a bus stop? Smiley
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

The reward economy.

Possible uses.

Activity: 455
EarnBitcoins.INFO
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055
Yeah, version 1.7.4 is awesome!

Update now!
Yes spread the word about NXT we need more users!
Activity: 460
Thank you for the report, ED. Most third-party services are already prepared for the fork as far as I know, and personally I'm really liking the release even before most of the new features and improvements kick in.

This version is a very solid job, guys. Thanks to all.
Jump to: