Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 231. (Read 941261 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
yes, 1.4.9 launched a few day ago
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004
Hey,damelon,
Please updated the first page with NRS1.4.9. Smiley
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Stronger than ever
Nxt has its own system and that's why it can grow just stronger and stronger day by day. Nxt is stable and reliable system.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055
Thankyou for your advice cryptkeeper, is my original id my address NXT-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx that I sent the nxt share to? when I check the TrxID: ##### from cryptsy it doesn't show up in the blockchain explorer.

Yes, your Nxt account id is something like NXT-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxx.
Don't know about cryptsy, maybe you want to contact their support about it.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Thankyou for your advice cryptkeeper, is my original id my address NXT-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx that I sent the nxt share to? when I check the TrxID: ##### from cryptsy it doesn't show up in the blockchain explorer.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055
Hey guys I got interested in NXT earlier today
I purchased 8275 on Cryptsy and downloaded the 1.4.8 wallet.
I installed the wallet and created a passphrase and logged in
It gave me an address so I used it with my public key to withdraw my funds from cryptsy.
- I had to go to work so I left the blockchain downloading
when I got home my funds hadn't appeared and there was an update to 1.4.9
when I input my passphrase it gives me a new address and the coins are not showing up
where did the 8275 nxt shares go and why did my address change after the update?
is there any way I can recover my nxt shares? about .5btc are missing... can anyone help me?

Other than a Bitcoin wallet, Nxt uses a "brainwallet", so your password really is your private key. Your Nxt account id is the public key which is calculated from this private key. If you only change one character of your brainwallet password, you will get a totally different account id.

Have you copy&paste your password? Maybe you accidentally pasted more characters as necessary, i.e. a "v" at the end from the paste command strg-v! Try different combinations!

If you know your original account id you can verify your balance here:
http://nxtportal.org
Activity: 172
Merit: 100
Each pass phase has a different address. The pass phases are caps and space sensitive so it needs to be exactly the same. If the address is different I would assume the pass phase was put in incorrectly  Undecided
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hey guys I got interested in NXT earlier today
I purchased 8275 on Cryptsy and downloaded the 1.4.8 wallet.
I installed the wallet and created a passphrase and logged in
It gave me an address so I used it with my public key to withdraw my funds from cryptsy.
- I had to go to work so I left the blockchain downloading
when I got home my funds hadn't appeared and there was an update to 1.4.9
when I input my passphrase it gives me a new address and the coins are not showing up
where did the 8275 nxt shares go and why did my address change after the update?
is there any way I can recover my nxt shares? about .5btc are missing... can anyone help me?
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
The current options for ltbcoin on the nxt network: (my email to the ltb team)

Hello all,

I am a developer in the nxt space and have been asked to help out with coordinating what can be done with this.

I've looked around at tokenly and gotten the basics of what it does. I believe nxt could assist in a few places here.

An asset vending machine system shouldn't be too difficult to implement inside nxt. Because of how nxt is set up, we are able to build and send transactions without even needing to run a node on the server. A system could be made to create and sign transaction bytes within PHP without an nxt node running. The transaction can send any type of asset, MS token, nxt, or message that's needed.

Also in the way of tokens, I suggest the Monetary System for setting up a token system. I am aware that LTB coin currently uses counterparty as its platform, but should you decide to switch over, you create an MS currency, then map the nxt addresses to throwaway couterparty addresses. The user would generate their own nxt address, then input the address into a page, the page would then calculate a burn address that matches the nxt address inputted, then the page can do a check on what amounts of LTB are in what burn addresses and credit the nxt accounts the same amount.

Another useful nxt feature to use with this would be the token. Nxt Tokens are small strings of characters that can be used to prove the ownership of an account. Say that you want to allow a user into a certain page only if they have x amount of LTB, then you would tell them to generate a token for the pages name "letstalkbitcoin.com" and the wallet will print out 160 characters that have a signature of the account used as well as a timestamp. Then the user enters their token and it is decoded to tell you the account of the user and the time it was created, after that you can make an api request to check the balance and let the user in if it greater than x.

Another possibility is integrating the LTB blogging pages with nxt aliases. Nxt aliases act as a DNS system on top of the blockchain, with them we can store up to 1000 bytes of data that directly refers to a unique string of characters. My idea is that each blog post would have a unique alias associated with it, the alias could hold link information, author data, as well as a sha256 hash of the content of the blog post, so that paranoid people could verify that the text they are reading is untampered with. This also has a timestamp system, because of the time that the alias enters the blockchain with the hash, it can be cryptographically proven that the blog post existed at a specific time. This can be used to settle any disputes that may arise.

On top of that, the way the nxt client is created makes it quite extensible, because it runs on a Javascript layer on top of Java API requests, anyone is able to modify a client to fit their needs. Its possible to make a LTB version of the nxt client that can easily show LTB MS balances and token creation, as well as load asynchronously with the LTB website, so blog posts could be read and tipped from inside a wallet
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Hi NXT Folks!

You should check Marketplace -> Product ID:  7602172708405665400 and get a free anonymous mailbox powered by oVPN.to!

Peace!
MrNice
oVPN.to
Activity: 515
Merit: 502
The amount of planned features and 3rd party applications on Nxt is crazy and continues growing, sometimes I think that at the end of the development tree Nxt will become self-aware like Skynet  Grin
Activity: 126
©
Long live
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Stronger than ever
Activity: 770
At least two new Core devs have joined Nxt (Roberto, Yudi and team). That takes us to 11+ now  Cool

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/(core)-dev-team-increase/

Roberto and team will be implementing Global Collaboration and Reputation System, the start of a whole new branch of the Nxt Technology Tree, whoop  Grin

For more info on the Nxt Technology Tree, see https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nxt-development-discussion-the-dev-plan-that-keeps-on-delivering-831202

So great news for NXT,
the team is much stronger.
Activity: 574
At least two new Core devs have joined Nxt (Roberto, Yudi and team). That takes us to 11+ now  Cool

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/(core)-dev-team-increase/

Roberto and team will be implementing Global Collaboration and Reputation System, the start of a whole new branch of the Nxt Technology Tree, whoop  Grin

For more info on the Nxt Technology Tree, see https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nxt-development-discussion-the-dev-plan-that-keeps-on-delivering-831202

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001
Where do yall see NXT this time next year?

Hard to say but my guess,

I see Nxt having the most advanced tech through unique features that are in development (see nxttechnologytree.com). We may even have instant transactions.

It will be one of the most secure cryptos through Account Control (Trezor for Nxt also has its first software prototype).

I think it will have a lot of connectivity to other blockchains through projects like Supernet/Multigateway.

With projects like freebieservers reaching out and providing good services to gamers and Marc De Mesel approaching other blockchains to use Monetrary System, I think Nxt will continue to be adopted and transaction volumes increase (See https://nxtblocks.info/#section/blockexplorer_charts. Transactions per day have increased 10-18 fold since May and the chart of cumulative transactions per day is getting steeper, showing an accelerating rate of transaction growth over time).

The fact is people who try Nxt, like Nxt. We just have just had a constant headwind of FUD since Day 1. This can only slow down adoption, it won't stop it. So the indicators look good  Grin

Completley agree!
The more i use it, the more i like it, im so glad i looked into NXT seriously, i was put off it for various reasons, like it being unmineable for example, but i soon realised there is so much more advantages to POS over POW coins such as BTC.

NXT WILL PREVAIL!
After learning the letstalkbitcoin, I think the LTBcoin is promising.
Activity: 226
Where do yall see NXT this time next year?

Hard to say but my guess,

I see Nxt having the most advanced tech through unique features that are in development (see nxttechnologytree.com). We may even have instant transactions.

It will be one of the most secure cryptos through Account Control (Trezor for Nxt also has its first software prototype).

I think it will have a lot of connectivity to other blockchains through projects like Supernet/Multigateway.

With projects like freebieservers reaching out and providing good services to gamers and Marc De Mesel approaching other blockchains to use Monetrary System, I think Nxt will continue to be adopted and transaction volumes increase (See https://nxtblocks.info/#section/blockexplorer_charts. Transactions per day have increased 10-18 fold since May and the chart of cumulative transactions per day is getting steeper, showing an accelerating rate of transaction growth over time).

The fact is people who try Nxt, like Nxt. We just have just had a constant headwind of FUD since Day 1. This can only slow down adoption, it won't stop it. So the indicators look good  Grin

Good Summary!
THX,
I found the LTBcoin also has  trade in XCP?

They are implented into counterparty. The offer was to make them switch to NXT
Fine, but the trade volum is not huge in both polo and xcp.
Jump to: