Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 261. (Read 941260 times)

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
Bitcoin can also send 1 satoshi, no?

Not really, it is an unusual transaction and will take a very willing miner or high fees to include it.

I saw someone sending spam txs to multiple wallets with 1 satoshi to each wallet. Sure, there was a normal fee included.

Did it confirm soon or was it pending for days? Sure you can use 0.0001 BTC on such a transaction but you need to get lucky to find a miner to include non-standard transactions.

PS: I hade the same transaction in my account pending for 4 days until it eventually vanished.
Activity: 336
Merit: 260

Not really, it is an unusual transaction and will take a very willing miner or high fees to include it.

I saw someone sending spam txs to multiple wallets with 1 satoshi to each wallet. Sure, there was a normal fee included.
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com

legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
What's the minimum transaction with nxt?
Currently the minimum transaction on Bitcoin is 5430 Satoshi, and what about NXT?

0.00000001 NXT aka 0.shitloadof0s1 satoshis Wink
legendary
Activity: 1736
Currently the minimum transaction on Bitcoin is 5430 Satoshi, and what about NXT?

I don't think that there is a minimum. You can send a message or transfer an asset which means 0 NXT is in the transaction. The fee is always 1 NXT no matter the size or type of tx.
Activity: 493
Merit: 500

my current wallet balance - 142.83233054, if that helps you

fee is 1 nxt per transaction. it seems that the fee will be reduced in the future
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Activity: 386
Merit: 250
Very promising coin! I am keeping an eye on it!

"promising"?
Nxt doesn't just make promises; it keeps them.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Very promising coin! I am keeping an eye on it!
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
Didn't expect this to be resurrected.....  http://cointelegraph.com/news/112643/the-mystery-of-the-missing-1000000-nxt

Check out the topic of BM's last post. Ironic much  Huh
And no, the style is different, so its not the same person. Would have been convenient though!
....... https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7745205
Activity: 368
Merit: 250
Excuse me, for this is a newb question, but I am a bit new to NXT.

With the current wallet client, you can type any passphrase in and it will basically open up.. what keeps someone from running through a shitload of different passphrases until he lands on something that has a decent balance?  Password guessing without a username is the way I see it... there's got to be something I am missing.

I did get my NXT stolen because I had a crappy passphrase.  Now my passphrase is very, very strong.  It's very important to use a strong password (just like with your bank or credit card).
legendary
Activity: 1736

With the current wallet client, you can type any passphrase in and it will basically open up.. what keeps someone from running through a shitload of different passphrases until he lands on something that has a decent balance?  Password guessing without a username is the way I see it... there's got to be something I am missing.

Math is hard!

What's to stop someone from generating ton's of bitcoin passwords and then stealing your bit coin? The concept is exactly the same.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
Check the entropy here for example:

http://rumkin.com/tools/password/passchk.php

Don't type your real passord ! Change the words or letters you type but put the same number of characters to estimate.
Over 128 bits is enough.
The password MUST be random.
Any password that is not random will be cracked through dictionary-attack.
A dictionary-attack take for example all the sentences in the bible and try them one by one. Any account in the world using a sentence from the bible as a password will be hacked.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
EDIT: you can combine what the wallet suggests with your own pass phrase to make it even safer Smiley

Yes, the wallet suggests a 12 word password. Add your name/username as 13th word. There is no way anyone in the world is cracking that.

With the current wallet client, you can type any passphrase in and it will basically open up.. what keeps someone from running through a shitload of different passphrases until he lands on something that has a decent balance?  Password guessing without a username is the way I see it... there's got to be something I am missing.

Someone's already doing it. The only thing that keeps them from opening someone's account with a good balance is a difficult pass phrase. Make sure you use the pass phrase that the wallet client suggests, it's not crackable in any practical terms (billions of years, etc.). Failure to use a strong pass phrase will result in a loss of funds. A good pass phrase is the one with 128+ bit of entropy. The wallet offers a pass phrase of 128-256+ bit of entropy, so use it and you'll be safe. Most of the hacks of NXT wallets in the past were due to a weak pass phrase, when users made their own pass phrase, but it wasn't random enough, few characters, repeating patterns on characters, etc = bruteforceable.

EDIT: you can combine what the wallet suggests with your own pass phrase to make it even safer Smiley
Activity: 69
Merit: 10

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Hey,

When I open my wallet when the Blockchain download bar is almost over, it says forever "Downloading Blockchain...".

I'm using latest version available from the website with windows 7.

What should I do in order to sync the wallet?

Thanks

Just try to refresh the page.

Otherwise just restart the client.

Yea I left it during the night, its synced now thanks
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
Hey,

When I open my wallet when the Blockchain download bar is almost over, it says forever "Downloading Blockchain...".

Thanks

Just try to refresh the page.

Otherwise just restart the client.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Hey,

Thanks
Jump to: