Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 260. (Read 941261 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
is NXT  supply  always  the same?  ------>999,997,096 NXT   until I can see each block generated paid to node that process information with fees, therefore new coins are not generated., is it correct?   

Correct.

Interesting ...........

It's a PoS system.
1 billion coins were generated in the Genesis block.
The fact that there are less now is because some were sent back to the Genesis account and are gone forever.

Always wondered why CMC showed the total coin supply as being slightly lower than 1 billion.

So who made the mistake of sending coins back to the genesis account? And I thought the passphrase of the genesis account was discovered (wasn't it the opening sentence of 1984?) so coins sent to it should be recoverable, no?

EDIT: Just logged into the genesis account and saw a negative balance. Was expecting to see a balance of 0 NXT. Now I can see why those coins aren't recoverable...

Yes, when an account has a negative balance, it cannot transact. That's why the passphrase doesn't matter and is actually shown on blockchain sites: http://www.nxtreporting.com/?ac=NXT-MRCC-2YLS-8M54-3CMAJ

I believe a few coins were sent as a test in the beginning, some people did some "wishing well" transactions and some people accidentally sent them.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
is NXT  supply  always  the same?  ------>999,997,096 NXT   until I can see each block generated paid to node that process information with fees, therefore new coins are not generated., is it correct?   

Correct.

Interesting ...........

It's a PoS system.
The fact that there are less now is because some were sent back to the Genesis account and are gone forever.

Always wondered why CMC showed the total coin supply as being slightly lower than 1 billion.

So who made the mistake of sending coins back to the genesis account? And I thought the passphrase of the genesis account was discovered (wasn't it the opening sentence of 1984?) so coins sent to it should be recoverable, no?

EDIT: Just logged into the genesis account and saw a negative balance. Was expecting to see a balance of 0 NXT. Now I can see why those coins aren't recoverable...

EDIT 2: Why are there assets showing up in that account? I can see 42 listed in the "My Assets" tab. Huh
Activity: 715
Merit: 500
I think that another good indicator is "weekly NXT volume" of each asset, because investors always are looking for good chooices.......it could help to someone to choose trust assets........

be carefull tho, volume is a metric that can be cheat.
legendary
is NXT  supply  always  the same?  ------>999,997,096 NXT   until I can see each block generated paid to node that process information with fees, therefore new coins are not generated., is it correct?    

Correct.

Interesting ...........

It's a PoS system.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
is NXT  supply  always  the same?  ------>999,997,096 NXT   until I can see each block generated paid to node that process information with fees, therefore new coins are not generated., is it correct?    

Correct.

Interesting ...........
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

Correct.
legendary
Activity: 597
Merit: 500
the price of btc and nxt is falling,
so the price of NEW will go up relatively.

what is NEW and how that?
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1001
the price of btc and nxt is falling,
so the price of NEW will go up relatively.
legendary
I think that another good indicator is "weekly NXT volume" of each asset, because investors always are looking for good chooices.......it could help to someone to choose trust assets........
legendary
Agree with you!

I was just  reading   www.nxtforum.org and Yes, actually  is very good to help to choose assets and add its to "wallet Next" of each one ...........
so until I can see Devs did good choose of dont show assets list directly, so each one could  personalize it.
legendary
Ok Agree, Anyway will be nice that devs found a better way of list at least a few trust assets by default like to "traditional" exchange,maybe they
must limit number of assets or give rules to create new assets.

thanks for your help!

The reason the devs decided not to get into "rating" assets, is that it's not their place to do so.
That would mean they would be the ones endorsing or rejecting Assets, and that's really up to us as users.

It's not a perfect system, but in this case they opted to display none, so that adding an Asset to your display would be the choice of the user, who needs to do due diligence (possibly with the help of a third party) himself.

Any rules on creating assets will not come from the dev side, as Nxt is just the infrastructure, but need to evolve from the user community, by setting up systems that will be able to do this.

Personal opinion: the infrastructure itself should never be allowed to be in a position to say who can or cannot use it. That's a dangerous set of powers to combine.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
in the future third parties will describe and rate assets, similar to today's stock markets.

When i open a broker, i don't see a list of several million products. I have to look for them.

For example: Some people are currently building a "rating" system

https://nxtforum.org/nxtracker/
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
Ok Agree, Anyway will be nice that devs found a better way of list at least a few trust assets by default like to "traditional" exchange,maybe they

thanks for your help!

Go to nxtreporting.com. That'll show all the top assets though there's still a need to be careful. There's a crypto-rating company going to add ratings into the assets on nxtreporting, then it'll be really useful.
legendary

thanks for your help!
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
is there any reason for it?   will be good idea that it were listed by default......, In fact when I installed first wallet a beauty long list of assets was displayed,but after first actualization it stopped..............

I think there was a list there first, but then it was decided not to list them due to the fact that it's a decentralized exchange and many assets are scams. They tried to protect investors from investing into scam assets by making investors actually find the information and read up first, then invest. Even with the current layout some people don't read and invest in assets with the same name as the legitimate asset. The asset names are not unique, only asset id is unique. You need to find the asset id in the thread on the forum or some other place, depending on where the issuer puts it. It's a bit more hoops to jump through, but it's more safe.
legendary
I'm using Nxt wallet 1.3.1  1.2.8 NRS Version, but I can´t see list of all asset exchange  any idea?    

They are not listed by default. You need to check out www.nxtforum.org to read threads of asset issuers and get the asset id there to add to your client.

is there any reason for it?   will be good idea that it were listed by default......, In fact when I installed first wallet a beauty long list of assets was displayed,but after first actualization it stopped..............
I'm using Nxt wallet 1.3.1  1.2.8 NRS Version, but I can´t see list of all asset exchange  any idea?    

They are not listed by default. You need to check out www.nxtforum.org to read threads of asset issuers and get the asset id there to add to your client.
legendary
I think it was unconfirmed when I looked, and I didn't follow to find out what happened later. Ok, makes sense.
Jump to: