Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 296. (Read 941260 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82
Looks like the language for Nxt's Smart Contracts is going to be known by thousands from the day it is released (CfB has shoe horned SQL in). That's a nice big advantage to have  Grin

See last post here https://nxtforum.org/nxt-promotion/catchy-name-for-smart-contracts-language/80/

We even have a board for it: https://nxtforum.org/smart-contracts/
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Looks like the language for Nxt's Smart Contracts is going to be known by thousands from the day it is released (CfB has shoe horned SQL in). That's a nice big advantage to have  Grin

See last post here https://nxtforum.org/nxt-promotion/catchy-name-for-smart-contracts-language/80/
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
Who is working on the implementation of Instant Transactions and do they need funding to do this faster?
Immediate/short-term funds for certain projects is not really the problem. They need good Devs, if you know of anyone.
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
Oh nice.  Sounds great.  Who is working on the implementation of Instant Transactions and do they need funding to do this faster?

According to this IT is still in design phase, because it depends on TF. Not sure about funding though, there are other priority features on the list, TF/IT is promised to come before the end of November, but after other features have been implemented.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
If so how will NXT get down to instant transactions?  Also what do you mean by decentralized vs centralized and which one would be better?

In Bitshares users vote for a pre-defined number of delegates (forgers in NXT terms).

In NXT it's a randomized process of who forges the next block and there is no pre-defined number of forgers, no voting.

When TF is enabled, the system will be able to predict who forges the next block, but it should still stay randomized as to choosing a forger. Predicting the next forger makes it possible to implement Instant Transactions.

Well, obviously, decentralized is better, because that's the general and primary purpose of crypto currencies, isn't it?

In designing a crypto special emphasis should be on keeping it as decentralized as possible, keeping it as close to peer-to-peer model as possible instead of designing something similar to server-client model, which leads to centralization, but gives an advantage of short block times.

Oh nice.  Sounds great.  Who is working on the implementation of Instant Transactions and do they need funding to do this faster?
If so how will NXT get down to instant transactions?  Also what do you mean by decentralized vs centralized and which one would be better?

In Bitshares users vote for a pre-defined number of delegates (forgers in NXT terms).

In NXT it's a randomized process of who forges the next block and there is no pre-defined number of forgers, no voting.

When TF is enabled, the system will be able to predict who forges the next block, but it should still stay randomized as to choosing a forger. Predicting the next forger makes it possible to implement Instant Transactions.

Well, obviously, decentralized is better, because that's the general and primary purpose of crypto currencies, isn't it?

In designing a crypto special emphasis should be on keeping it as decentralized as possible, keeping it as close to peer-to-peer model as possible instead of designing something similar to server-client model, which leads to centralization, but gives an advantage of short block times.
If NXT largest competitor is Bitshare, I could not find any information on Bitshares block time?

If NXT has the best features then it will be HUGE!

BitsharesX is not designed to be decentralized, that's why their block time is very small, only 10 seconds. Just like Ripple has a 15 second block time. In fully decentralized systems block times with less than 1 minute result in a high number of orphan blocks.

If NXT largest competitor is Bitshare, I could not find any information on Bitshares block time?

BitsharesX is not designed to be decentralized, that's why their block time is very small, only 10 seconds. Just like Ripple has a 15 second block time. In fully decentralized systems block times with less than 1 minute result in a high number of orphan blocks.

Activity: 695
Do we have job description?

Quality Troll Wanted! Cheesy

Here's my resume: Its me! Its my presence in this forum.

I am a quality troll too, not just an average "oops spilt some haterade on you" troll.

I believe in ripping down imperfection without offering an alternative solution, all in an irritating passive-aggressive manner.

Here's a sample:

"Wow, I can't believe NXT is still around. It had some potential, shame about that 100% premine though."

Do I get the job??

More proof that you are a TROLL.

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
Ripple = RIPple
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
I see NXT is back in 3rd place.

Ripple  Cry
Just to interrupt the party a moment...

Whoop!  Grin Grin

Looks like there is no catching CCEDK.com.   Grin

Keep voting at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-which-exchange-should-leonardo-support-next-706537. This is to add CCEDK.com to trading bot platform that is likely to bring more volume to the exchange. Volume at our most comprehensive fiat exchange is a good thing  Grin

CCEDK.com (Crypto Currcency Exchange DenmarK) hosts the most Nxt/Fiat Pairs of any exchange. It currently has 7 fiat currencies (USD, EUR, GBP, SEK, DKK, NOK and CHF) and just annouced plans for RUB and UAH. This means that you can go from your home currency into Nxt in one step (assuming you live in one of these countries  Grin) You can also trade against BTC and LTC there, fees are low and you only need a username, password and email to sign up.

...ok, carry on  Smiley
Come-from-Beyond says that is how he dances  Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055
Did I just read "new NXT release is coming soon"?

today is 8.1..where is the new version?

https://twitter.com/nxtcommit/status/494159441252454401

Looks like DGS is set for implementation at block 205.000 - 210.000. The release will have to be before then to allow software to be updated ready for the new features at 205.000.

The 1st August was suggestion and rumour I thought, I never saw a formal annoucement for it from JeanLuc/Wesley.
Jump to: