Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 445. (Read 941260 times)

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com

1-click-clients are available, how much they are a node does not matter to the most users as Nxt is lightweight already.
+1

No, NXT is not lightweight. I have an old laptop that I use for traveling and it takes several minutes until the nxt client is ready to go. Multibit takes 20 seconds.

Well, NRS has to start and verify the blockchain. It's pretty fast on my desktop (less than 30 seconds) , but I am sure this will be slower on a laptop.    Once Wesley releases his lightweight client (as browser extension) that will be instantaneously fast as it won't need NRS and local copy of blockchain.

He has too many other stuff to do, though. DGS should be priority right now.  

yes I know that. I just wanted to say that just now we don't have anything other than people that let you access their port, but that is unsecure.

I am looking very much forwared to a extension client, because it will boost mainstream usage!
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055
part 2 of pouring my very first silver bar for the nxt silver bullion gateway just finished uploading. check it out guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOKp2CAyXfw

+1

I've never seen that before, thanks!
Activity: 644
Merit: 500

1-click-clients are available, how much they are a node does not matter to the most users as Nxt is lightweight already.
+1

No, NXT is not lightweight. I have an old laptop that I use for traveling and it takes several minutes until the nxt client is ready to go. Multibit takes 20 seconds.

Well, NRS has to start and verify the blockchain. It's pretty fast on my desktop (less than 30 seconds) , but I am sure this will be slower on a laptop.    Once Wesley releases his lightweight client (as browser extension) that will be instantaneously fast as it won't need NRS and local copy of blockchain.

He has too many other stuff to do, though. DGS should be priority right now.  
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com

+1

We do need a solution for that!
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

+1
It does. As nodes needs to do. Wink

Yes, but with a local copy of blockchain and full NRS running in the background.  There are no clients like Electrum that function without NRS and local copy of blockchain.

wesley wass supposed to release a lightweight version as chrome/firefox extension but he probably is too busy with DGS and other stuff, so we have zero such clients right now. All clients available right now run as full nodes.

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82
I was responding to your comment about supporting the network.   Wesley desktop client supports the network and forges as it runs NRS on the same computer in the background. It's still one click install and one click run.

Alright. Please, quote only the necessary stuff. There is no need to confuse newbies with nitpicking.

It does not connect to public nodes

It does. As nodes need to do. Wink

I was responding to your comment about supporting the network.   Wesley desktop client supports the network and forges as it runs NRS on the same computer in the background. It's still one click install and one click run.

It does not connect to public nodes

There are no such clients that connect to public nodes. NxtSolaris was the only one.

This is not true. There is no such lightweight client that connects to public node and do local signing. NxtSolaris was the only one, but it has not been updated for NQT.

Wesley's native desktop client runs the node locally.

http://nxtra.org/nxt-wallet/

I do wish he fixes the right click issue. It can be serious problem if someone doesn't know Ctrl + V works as paste (to paste password for example)

Let us not complicate things for beginners, please.

2) running a Nxt client; this only connects to the network and presents a native user interface

You actually did 1). That is good for Nxt because it stabilize the network. +1

You can do 2). That is no problem. There are plenty of 1-click-clients out there. (I like the Wesley client, but well, do not hesitate to checkout others!)

This is not true. There is no such lightweight client that connects to public node and does local signing. NxtSolaris was the only one, but it has not been updated for NQT.

OffSpring and Wesley's native desktop client run the node locally.

http://nxtra.org/nxt-wallet/

I do wish he fixes the right click issue  quicker. It can be serious problem if someone doesn't know Ctrl + V works as paste (to paste password for example)
another question though - to run the NXT client, I first need to click the run.bat file (re which i've created a desktop shortcut) and then I can connect, via, my browser to the client - I've always assumed that that's the way it's supposed to work - i.e. a 2 step process. Is that right? The reason I ask is because with  other coin wallets all I need to do is click on the desktop icon (or the tray icon) and those wallets open without needing to click on a run.bat file

Well, you have two possibilities:

1) running a Nxt node (that is part of the Nxt network); this node provides a interface via the Web-Browser

2) running a Nxt client; this only connects to the network and presents a native user interface

You actually did 1). That is good for Nxt because it stabilize the network. +1

You can do 2). That is no problem. There are plenty of 1-click-clients out there. (I like the Wesley client, but well, do not hesitate to checkout others!)
Activity: 322
For people like me who care about making it big, are too late to make big gains with this coin. 1 BTC gives me 1000 NXT, due to the big amount of total coin supply and the fact it's all in circulation, I don't see the point of making $1000 at best, when you can get 100 DRK for the money and 0.1 is realistic given tech and total coin supply.
It's 10758 for one btc now, not 1000.
I meant 10000, i missed a 0 obviously. It's still peanuts compared to the gains 100 DRK can make in the long run vs 10000 NXT long run.

I don't understand your logic, there will be around 6 times more drk than there are now in circulation, so more offer means low price (obviously not if more buyers, i know, but this is applied to nxt too without increassing the supply)
The tech is much much much better in nxt than in drk, drk is a bitcoin clone with little tweaks for anonimity, nxt is a platfform which can do the same as bitcoin plus many more things that none bitcoin or any clone will can do. It will include anonimity too, so what will darkcoin offer that nxt don't?
If nxt reach same market cap as BTC they will be at 5,4$, and in my opinion, nxt have much more chances for achieve this than darkcoin.

5'4$ is still jokes, Darkcoin could go to 100+ if it becomes the go-to anon cryptocurrency.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
Newbie question - how do you generate or access the alpha-numeric version of your NXT address?  i.e. the one that starts with
NXT and is followed by 4 hyphenated sets of mixed numbers and letters

TIA  Smiley

Go to "Settings" and switch to "YES" in "Use Reed Solomon Format".

If you use version 1.1.3  it should work out of the box.

Thank you and iruu - now upgraded to 1.1.3.

another question though - to run the NXT client, I first need to click the run.bat file (re which i've created a desktop shortcut) and then I can connect, via, my browser to the client - I've always assumed that that's the way it's supposed to work - i.e. a 2 step process. Is that right? The reason I ask is because with  other coin wallets all I need to do is click on the desktop icon (or the tray icon) and those wallets open without needing to click on a run.bat file

and  https://nxtforum.org/alternative-clients/(windows-mac-linux)-open-source-cross-platform-offspring-237/     Cool Cool
Newbie question - how do you generate or access the alpha-numeric version of your NXT address?  i.e. the one that starts with

TIA  Smiley

If you use version 1.1.3  it should work out of the box.

another question though - to run the NXT client, I first need to click the run.bat file (re which i've created a desktop shortcut) and then I can connect, via, my browser to the client - I've always assumed that that's the way it's supposed to work - i.e. a 2 step process. Is that right? The reason I ask is because with  other coin wallets all I need to do is click on the desktop icon (or the tray icon) and those wallets open without needing to click on a run.bat file

If you want one click install (without first run.bat)  you can use http://nxtra.org/nxt-wallet/

It has a bug that right click for copy and paste isn't working, but you can do Ctrl + V for paste and Ctrl + C for copy.

This bug will probably fixed soon.

Also, you can still use the browser version while http://nxtra.org/nxt-wallet/ version is running. 

Activity: 577

TIA  Smiley

If you use version 1.1.3  it should work out of the box.

Activity: 767
Never back down !!!
Please, this thread is about NXT and not about discussing shitclones.
Activity: 312
Merit: 254
For people like me who care about making it big, are too late to make big gains with this coin. 1 BTC gives me 1000 NXT, due to the big amount of total coin supply and the fact it's all in circulation, I don't see the point of making $1000 at best, when you can get 100 DRK for the money and 0.1 is realistic given tech and total coin supply.
I meant 10000, i missed a 0 obviously. It's still peanuts compared to the gains 100 DRK can make in the long run vs 10000 NXT long run.

I don't understand your logic, there will be around 6 times more drk than there are now in circulation, so more offer means low price (obviously not if more buyers, i know, but this is applied to nxt too without increassing the supply)
The tech is much much much better in nxt than in drk, drk is a bitcoin clone with little tweaks for anonimity, nxt is a platfform which can do the same as bitcoin plus many more things that none bitcoin or any clone will can do. It will include anonimity too, so what will darkcoin offer that nxt don't?
If nxt reach same market cap as BTC they will be at 5,4$, and in my opinion, nxt have much more chances for achieve this than darkcoin.
Activity: 952
Merit: 253

Make money with NXT by putting it to work...
you can't rape mine it, bot mine it or use any of the other money making scams
and if by the long run you mean more than 24hrs like 1-2 years, my money is on NXT.
Activity: 322
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
part 2 of pouring my very first silver bar for the nxt silver bullion gateway just finished uploading. check it out guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOKp2CAyXfw
Jump to: