Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 446. (Read 941260 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
Can anyone tell me about how long it takes for NXT Wallet Client 1.1 to install on a MAC?  Thx.

if i remember correctly i dont think there is an install required for mac. i think i read that somewhere.
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
Can anyone tell me about how long it takes for NXT Wallet Client 1.1 to install on a MAC?  Thx.
Activity: 265
Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense
For people like me who care about making it big, are too late to make big gains with this coin. 1 BTC gives me 1000 NXT, due to the big amount of total coin supply and the fact it's all in circulation, I don't see the point of making $1000 at best, when you can get 100 DRK for the money and 0.1 is realistic given tech and total coin supply.

Ill give you 1000 NXT for 1 BTC mate  Grin
1100!

I do care about big as well. lets offer... 2000! Cray-C !!! -.-
Activity: 338
For people like me who care about making it big, are too late to make big gains with this coin. 1 BTC gives me 1000 NXT, due to the big amount of total coin supply and the fact it's all in circulation, I don't see the point of making $1000 at best, when you can get 100 DRK for the money and 0.1 is realistic given tech and total coin supply.

1100!
Activity: 1680
Merit: 506
Trphy.io

Activity: 365
Merit: 251
What I'm wondering is, assume you have 1000 NXT and you solo -forge; what would be the average numbers of transactions you would get and how many NXT you would actually earn?
Rough numbers would do more then enough.

Thanks in advance :-)

Edit: Forging for a day, I mean.
Whatever the answer is today, it's likely to be different in a few months. The rate depends on (a) the number of transactions; (b) the average fee for each transaction; (c) the fraction of NXT used for forging. We can expect all three change over that timescale. Hopefully the number of transactions will increase as Nxt gets used. The average fee may increase from new kinds of transactions, but there is also a community desire to see the base fee reduced. The fraction of NXT used for forging may increase because leasing pools make forging easier, or it may decrease as the stake of whales gets gradually distributed to smaller holders who don't bother to forge.

Currently the return is insignificant. I have leased around 20k to a pool for a couple of weeks, and have apparently earned 0.5 NXT. So that's about 0.007%/year. It's probably not going to be enough to pay the transaction fees leasing involves. It's wiped out by changes in the NXT:BTC exchange rate.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

Activity: 148
Merit: 100
It's 10758 for one btc now, not 1000.
Activity: 322
Activity: 364
☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82
Newbie question - how do you generate or access the alpha-numeric version of your NXT address?  i.e. the one that starts with
NXT and is followed by 4 hyphenated sets of mixed numbers and letters

TIA  Smiley

Go to "Settings" and switch to "YES" in "Use Reed Solomon Format".

If you use version 1.1.3  it should work out of the box.
Activity: 148
Newbie question - how do you generate or access the alpha-numeric version of your NXT address?  i.e. the one that starts with

TIA  Smiley
Click on your account number in the upper left corner, you will get a menu.
Activity: 577
Merit: 500

TIA  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055
I want to say thank you guys for over 500 views of the nxt video with german voiceover!

http://t.co/8A7pzrubXv

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
legendary
anyone know how to get rid of that black box around the outside of the video with out re uploading it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qErOVTVNSNY

It was so interesting, I haven't even noticed  Smiley You should be able to crop videos in the video manager, but it doesn't seem to be a problem.

I didn't think it's actually possible to melt silver at home before I read about it in your posts. I thought you'll be outsourcing it. Science is cool.

im only outsourcing the supply. see it would be an accounting nightmare to sell silver for nxt, nxt for btc, btc for usd, and usd for silver. also it would be really hard to keep up with whether i was making money or losing it. if i got audited they would probably just throw me in jail for the simple fact that they couldnt even figure out what was going on. also silver may be cheaper in other parts of the country and only people who live in those places know the ins and outs of the market in their area. so thats why idecided to outsource that part. everything else i am doing my self.

Yeah, I get it. I meant I didn't know it a couple of weeks ago when I first heard about your project. I didn't just realise that you can possibly melt metal at home with such small equipment. I'd imagine something at least ten times bigger.

i don't think most people do. not sure how i first learned about it.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
anyone know how to get rid of that black box around the outside of the video with out re uploading it?

It was so interesting, I haven't even noticed  Smiley You should be able to crop videos in the video manager, but it doesn't seem to be a problem.

I didn't think it's actually possible to melt silver at home before I read about it in your posts. I thought you'll be outsourcing it. Science is cool.

im only outsourcing the supply. see it would be an accounting nightmare to sell silver for nxt, nxt for btc, btc for usd, and usd for silver. also it would be really hard to keep up with whether i was making money or losing it. if i got audited they would probably just throw me in jail for the simple fact that they couldnt even figure out what was going on. also silver may be cheaper in other parts of the country and only people who live in those places know the ins and outs of the market in their area. so thats why idecided to outsource that part. everything else i am doing my self.

Yeah, I get it. I meant I didn't know it a couple of weeks ago when I first heard about your project. I didn't just realise that you can possibly melt metal at home with such small equipment. I'd imagine something at least ten times bigger.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

legendary

Activity: 168
Check out my video! I think it turned out pretty well. Its my very first bar ever being made. Grin

part 2 coming soon.

I want to see part 2.  Seeing it being poured into the mold is the coolest (hottest?) part.
Activity: 952
Merit: 253
why i have no chance to forge?
i saw  wallet which has forged always have millions nxt coins!
is it right that have fewer net coins have less chance to forge?

Can I suggest you read the NXT Wiki at http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/FAQ#Forging
The section on "How much Nxt can I earn by forging, and how often will I get it?"

Finally if you have a little NXT - you  can  lease it to a pool.
check out
http://pool.nxtcrypto.org
and
http://nxtio.org
Jump to: