Pages:
Author

Topic: Nxt marketing & promotion :: Nxt forum now moved to nxtforums.org - page 12. (Read 77973 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
when can we expect rewards for wiki's translation? Smiley

I'm very sorry -- I missed seeing the deposit from the marketing fund and haven't been into this thread for a few days!

Bounties have been calculated and are being sent out this evening, time-allowing.  See this spreadsheet for full info.

Thank you, joefox. Have you decided to pay 15000 bounty for February wiki's translation even though total February score is almost the same as in January?

I had nothing to do with the decision to pay 15000. I asked for 50000.

I was wondering about this, too.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

I'm very sorry -- I missed seeing the deposit from the marketing fund and haven't been into this thread for a few days!

Bounties have been calculated and are being sent out this evening, time-allowing.  See this spreadsheet for full info.

Thank you, joefox. Have you decided to pay 15000 bounty for February wiki's translation even though total February score is almost the same as in January?

I had nothing to do with the decision to pay 15000. I asked for 50000.
Activity: 490
Merit: 504
cc: this whole thread is about brainstorming of ideas Smiley
note to myself: a Prezi prezentation
Activity: 164

We will only get the attention of the mass community of Bitcoiners if we come up with a marketing theme / campaign that engages people to adopt NXT.  The will not adopt NXT because it is better or technically superior.  They will only adopt NXT if it meets a need of theirs that Bitcoin does not already currently meet.

We could focus on the decentralized asset exchange. It is something for selfish, technical interested or financial people.

The average people doesn't care that it could sell its stocks using AE...

The dialog should be like this:
We: With NXT and its AE you can do , bam!
People: Really? I can do that with NXT? How can I get some NXT?

+1.  This.  Pay attention to this.

Somehow in my gut I feel like this NXT conversation, when it happens, will have something to do with smartphones - probably iPhones.  One of the people I talked to (a group of two guys, actually) claimed to have the only Bitcoin wallet for iPhone because the Apple Store has kicked Bitcoin out of the Apple App ecosystem.  They exploited a clever loophole - an organization can send apps to its members.  So they set up a membership plan which qualifies you to download a group Bitcoin Wallet that is not available to the general public.  Clever.  Maybe NXT could do the same and become the iPhone Cryptocurrency app.

BUT FIRST WE GOTTA GET MERCHANTS TO ACCEPT NXT.  I am going to be doing some research into this, stay tuned.

One last big lesson from Texas Bitcoin Conference - perhaps the bigget one of all.  People want to hear confident leaders on a stage.  People want to hear confident leaders  on a stage.  People want to hear confident leaders  on a stage.  

Until NXT can provide these, we are in the ditch.

What do you think about the following "campaign":

organize some kind of brainstorming for much needed/cool/useful use cases for the average people and/or businesses that would convince these people to use NXT. Promise a bounty for the best ideas.
Fire on all channels, BCT, twitter, g+, fb, whatever, to attract as many people as possible. Attract also general people and people that never heard about NXT before. Ask them what a distributed system (in general, not only crypto currency) should provide to make it useful to them. What would convince them to get and use some NXT. What would improve their daily life. Everybody should be able to make suggestions, also stuff that sounds crazy and impossible (...nothing is impossible with NXT... Wink)
Collect all these suggestions/ideas. Then let's vote about them and reward the 3 best (or 10 best...)

Benefits of this campaign:
* find requirements/needs of the general people (that helps to create and promote the right/wanted features in NXT)
* viral marketing about NXT (media, new users, new devs...)
* FUN Smiley

And no, I won't/can't do it, I'm not a marketing guy and I don't use fb and twitter Smiley
legendary
Update on the branding:

- I have been terribly frustrated this week, because the people I asked didn't deliver
- Today, I decided to call them again and give them a last chance to come up with something to actually show and use.
- The agreement I have with them now is that I decide if it's good enough to form a basis to continue work, or to stop.
- If I think it's good enough, I will show it here. If it is not, i will inform you here.

I find it very frustrating to work with people who don't deliver and am quite angry right now.

This weekend we wíll have an answer to this and I sincerely hope it will work out.
If not, my commitment stands, and I will continue in a different way to work on this, as it ís important!

Angry

Could you please elaborate on exactly wht it is these guys are supposed to do?

Provide a comprehensive branding package for Nxt.
Activity: 266
NXT is the future

Great DEMO of wesleyh his client !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAhnpfkM0Z4

donation for video welcome: NXT: 12088507821025750338

donations for wesleyh: NXT:  8189784314684138350
Activity: 182
NXT.org
Update on the branding:

- I have been terribly frustrated this week, because the people I asked didn't deliver
- Today, I decided to call them again and give them a last chance to come up with something to actually show and use.
- The agreement I have with them now is that I decide if it's good enough to form a basis to continue work, or to stop.
- If I think it's good enough, I will show it here. If it is not, i will inform you here.

I find it very frustrating to work with people who don't deliver and am quite angry right now.

This weekend we wíll have an answer to this and I sincerely hope it will work out.
If not, my commitment stands, and I will continue in a different way to work on this, as it ís important!

Angry

Could you please elaborate on exactly wht it is these guys are supposed to do?
legendary
Update on the branding:

Angry
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
How will the stand look like in Amsterdam? Are there rules for each coin? Or are we free to create something to promote NXT?

If we can get that clear. Than we can design posters or we can design the whole stand or something.

Let me know and I will come up with some ideas.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004
Activity: 35
Merit: 0

Activity: 210

Bounties have been calculated and are being sent out this evening, time-allowing.  See this spreadsheet for full info.
Activity: 396
Merit: 250
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
1st video about NXT at the 2014 Texas Bitcoin Conference:

http://prisonorfreedom.com/what-is-nxt-nextcoin-2014-texas-bitcoin-conference/

Enjoy!
Tai Zen
Activity: 221

I translated NxtMinnow's Nxt Description into Chinese (with some minor changes). Feel free to change it and use it - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_ZN4tQbO_XF-kYaOu5-YS1_tCf_KLoTqLXuZDyX11eQ/edit?hl=en

Activity: 784
Can we have a current balance of the Marketing Fund? How much money is still in it? Where do you plan to spend it?

2.6 Mega are in Marketing unclaimed coins, committee will be elected in 30 hours so it will start to discuss it probably

Right now we have got also 185k for conferences and 250k for "small marketing" - mostly for rewards for writers, translators, admins, graphic designers and other Nxt helpers...
Some money can be also spent on small promotion, but such things need a discussion, like this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412243.msg5518212;topicseen#msg5518212

Thank you!
Can we have a current balance of the Marketing Fund? How much money is still in it? Where do you plan to spend it?

2.6 Mega are in Marketing unclaimed coins, committee will be elected in 30 hours so it will start to discuss it probably

Right now we have got also 185k for conferences and 250k for "small marketing" - mostly for rewards for writers, translators, admins, graphic designers and other Nxt helpers...
Some money can be also spent on small promotion, but such things need a discussion, like this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412243.msg5518212;topicseen#msg5518212
Activity: 784
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: