Pages:
Author

Topic: Nxt marketing & promotion :: Nxt forum now moved to nxtforums.org - page 7. (Read 77973 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
@Fatih87SK and martismartis:

If Fatih is willing to take on the job of configuring his TV stick for NXT and delivering it for the conference, and martismartis is willing to help out with advice,tech support and configuration, u guys will make me very happy.

I can't make any solid promises about payment right now, but keep a record of the hours that u put into the TV stick project and I'll get some bounty for both of you from the conference budget. If i ever sort out a conference budget...... Grin
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005
I have a Tronsmart Quadcore Android TV stick.

I can be in Amsterdam within 15 minutes.

Just need to install that damn thing on the stick I think.

Here is my small tutorial:

OK, here we go. Small tutorial on running NRS in Android TV stick.

Tested on Android TV stick, running 4.2.2, RK3006 Rockchip, internal sdcard.

1. Stick has to be rooted.

2. install Complete Linux Installer from app store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid

3. Go through all steps as it on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b17Bfza1X3A. I used small 13.10 image, because I installed it in internal sdcard. Extracted it takes 2GB. Important: use ext2.zip files if your android is less than 4.3 and you download them manually from http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxonandroid/files/Ubuntu/13.10/

4. If you did everything as instructed, you should see Ubuntu running on your device. Install java in ubuntu. Important: install oracle java

5. Now copy Your next folder to your desktop folder in ubuntu

6. goto to nxt folder, open terminal window in this folder, type java -jar start.jar sh run.sh and here we go!!!

7. Now you can use chrome browser in android TV stick (no need is to have one in ubuntu) and check everything is working.

Didn't try on other android devices, but I think it should work on any android device.

Ask if you will stuck at some moment (i stuck 10 times in 3 days Smiley), I'll try to help.

Try to run everything in your stick, interesting to have second stick running NRS Smiley

EDIT: red changes to client 0.8.x
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I have a Tronsmart Quadcore Android TV stick.

I can be in Amsterdam within 15 minutes.

Just need to install that damn thing on the stick I think.
legendary
Guys, do you need any Android TV stick for promo at conference? If there is a need, I could configure one and send to somebody attending in conference. Inform me, I'll check the cost of it.

What about this I offered? If it is not interesting, just inform me, I'll throw it from my head Smiley

P.S. I live in Europe.

I'll have it.

Having 2 ( or more) different low-cost/low-energy NXT nodes on display can only be a good thing.
Check out the total costs, including some compensation for your working time, and post/delivery costs and get back to me, please.

Give me country where it should be shipped. I live in Lithuania.

EDIT: TV stick http://www.mikrovisata.lt/Prekiu-katalogas/Ismanieji-TV-priedai/TV-STAR-Ismanusis-TV-priedas.html

259Lt is 75EUR
Guys, do you need any Android TV stick for promo at conference? If there is a need, I could configure one and send to somebody attending in conference. Inform me, I'll check the cost of it.

What about this I offered? If it is not interesting, just inform me, I'll throw it from my head Smiley

P.S. I live in Europe.

I'll have it.

Having 2 ( or more) different low-cost/low-energy NXT nodes on display can only be a good thing.
Check out the total costs, including some compensation for your working time, and post/delivery costs and get back to me, please.
legendary

P.S. I live in Europe.
I'm adding my vote to the "lets promote AE and wesleys client for April" movement.

I suggest less voting and more doing, EvilDave.  You don't have to wait for anyone else to promote AE or wesleyh's client when you can do it yourself.

I'll put that on my remarkably short to-do list, then. (slightly sarcastic mode, sorry)

In the meantime:
Just got the NXT logo on the A'dam BTC conference site sorted out, it is now linked to www.nxtcrypto.org.
Check it out here, about 3/4 of the way down the page:
http://bitcoin2014.com/

Hopefully, l8orre will be appearing on the speaker list very soon, if he's not up by the end of the week i'll  hassle the conference crew again.

I want to start getting promo material together,  (and the RaspPi of course) but we need to make a couple of decisions first:

I know that salsacz has some NXT clothing and other material,  Rickyjames has a massive pile of trifold brochures, and I have a handful of stickers.
Do we wnt to recycle this lot and use them at the A'dam conference or create new promo material ?
We have enough time to get everything shipped to A'dam, but we also have enough time to create new material....

Apart from Ebereon, are there any other RaspPiSolar gurus in Europe who could build a system for the conf ?

@Damelon: Have u got any more info about the involvement of RHOS at the conf?
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
I think we should focus on how to land AE to the public, together with the client of Wesleyh.

We should focus on this in the next 3 weeks, because I think it will all be ready in April.

I hate the idea that we release it, but nobody knows about it like the most of our releases.

I agree, it's good idea. Ofcourse would be much better to present AE as a tool for some amazing things.
The question is what exactly amazing capabilities we will have. But my imagination still haven't answer on it.

Anyhow Wesleys client is great stuff and present it with the AE it's good idea.
I could be do cg for it. Something as this vid. Similar style.

+1000

You would definitely get rewarded by the community.

I'm adding my vote to the "lets promote AE and wesleys client for April" movement.

I propose my plan to the Nxt Marketing Committee officialy.
Activity: 210

I suggest less voting and more doing, EvilDave.  You don't have to wait for anyone else to promote AE or wesleyh's client when you can do it yourself.
I think we should focus on how to land AE to the public, together with the client of Wesleyh.

We should focus on this in the next 3 weeks, because I think it will all be ready in April.

I hate the idea that we release it, but nobody knows about it like the most of our releases.

I agree, it's good idea. Ofcourse would be much better to present AE as a tool for some amazing things.
The question is what exactly amazing capabilities we will have. But my imagination still haven't answer on it.

+1000

+1000

I could be do cg for it. Something as my previos video. Similar style.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Like mastercoin Grin

No one cares, not much coverage, no videos, no nothing. Even their own homepage sux on this.

Activity: 490
Merit: 504
http://tpbit.blogspot.ca/2014/03/crypto-20-systems.html

NXT
NXT is a very ambitious project. It combines a lot of features of projects that already exist into a single product. It uses a Proof of Stake mining algorithm from Peercoin, offers an alias system similar to one found in Namecoin and a messaging system like Bitmessage. There is also a number of other features planned, including a distributed exchange, file storage, smart contracts, turing-complete scripts and many others.

NXT has its own blockchain with 1 minute blocks, as well as its own codebase separate from Bitcoin (unlike a lot of "copycoins"). All coins in the circulation were sold in a fundraiser at coin's inception raising $800k for the development of the project.

There are a few criticisms directed at NXT. First of all, since NXT addresses are way shorter than Bitcoin and use only numbers, meaning that address collisions are inevitable. Because of this, there is a separate mechanism for handling such situations - whoever uses the address first owns it, the next person to generate the same address with a different keypair can't use it. This makes creating addresses offline very dangerous.

Another criticism is the use of PoS algorithm with all of the coins being sold up-front. This essentially gives a lot of power to the initial investors. They will earn most of all the fees in the system and they are incentivized to hoard their coins. With the value of nxts being many orders of magnitude higher than the initial price, some people see it as market manipulation.

Finally, I have heard that the NXT developer community is rather small. If there isn't enough interest in a project like this, it might be the final make-or-break of NXT.

Overall, NXT is a project with a good potential. Unburdened from the use of Bitcoin blockchain it certainly has more room to expand and grow than Colored Coins or perhaps even Mastercoin. At the same time, unless NXT starts gaining more trust and traction, it might not be going anywhere with its ambitious goals.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
Cross post Wink

Nxt Marketing Committee has met!

I, as spokesperson of the Nxt Marketing Committe am proud to say we have met and are ready for action!

To keep things nice and tidy, we have set up camp in the "Unclaimed Coins" subforum of nxtcrypto, where we will keep separate threads on all applications and where we will keep our discussions.

The committee is manned and womaned by joefox, salsacz, allwelder, brooklynbtc (jefdiesel) and myself.

More info:

Nxt Marketing Fund Committee thread

Nxt Marketing Fund Committee Applications format

We invite every one of you to come with your plans and proposals so we can get this show on the road!

Activity: 136
Ok guys, I might sound like a dick but I need to point out this since I want the best for nxt: Fatih is not the designer we are looking for when we need a logo, a brochure or some stuff with typography. In my opinion he lacks a feeling for proportions, colors, typography and doesn't know what's fashionable. I like his 3d work, though.
Btw salsacz also lacks these things. No offense, guys.

we need some talented guys or girls for this work since we shouldn't rely on hobbyists with this.

When evildave needs a logo, it should be clear where to go. If we need some brochures, it should be clear where to go.

Oh, and the last one: no gradients in the nxt logo. It looks mediocre and outdated (Simple speeking: flat is the 'new' skeumorphism).

Now you can hate me.
Maybe it sounds harsh but i agree.
Unfortunately it irrelevant for these guys.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Ok guys, I might sound like a dick but I need to point out this since I want the best for nxt: Fatih is not the designer we are looking for when we need a logo, a brochure or some stuff with typography. In my opinion he lacks a feeling for proportions, colors, typography and doesn't know what's fashionable. I like his 3d work, though.
Btw salsacz also lacks these things. No offense, guys.

we need some talented guys or girls for this work since we shouldn't rely on hobbyists with this.

When evildave needs a logo, it should be clear where to go. If we need some brochures, it should be clear where to go.

Oh, and the last one: no gradients in the nxt logo. It looks mediocre and outdated (Simple speeking: flat is the 'new' skeumorphism).

Now you can hate me.
Pages:
Jump to: