Pages:
Author

Topic: Nxt marketing & promotion :: Nxt forum now moved to nxtforums.org - page 14. (Read 77973 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
NXT.org
Couple of points: I've stressed that we need a stand with some form of sunlight for the RaspPiSolar, the conference people (who are, so far, totally interested in NXT, btw) think it's a brilliant idea and are going to help as much as possible with stand placement.
Apparently the entire crypto world is going to be attending, this is shaping up to be the biggest BTC conference ever organised (according to the over-worked organisers):

The solarPI is great, but will anything be forged in the demonstration? ;P must be a fat wallet
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
On the BCNext/CfB issue: we're big boys and girls now.
The NXT community has taken the initial building block that BCNext gave us and built it up (with help from BCNext/CfB) into somethng very much larger, which has taken on a lfe of its own.
We shouldn't need much help from here on out, and remember: No gods, no kings....

Anyhow, back to conferences.

Spoke to the Bitcoinfoundation conference team and booked our 'contributing sponsor' slot (ie stand + 1 person + promotion) for a grand total of € 1500, which is around 40000 NXT right now.
They'll be sending me an invoice in the next couple of days, payment within 2-3 weeks, in fiat or (my preference) BTC.
(I should point here that I'm registered as a business here in NL, so I may be able to get the sales tax refunded on any costs we make in connection with the conference.)

Couple of points: I've stressed that we need a stand with some form of sunlight for the RaspPiSolar, the conference people (who are, so far, totally interested in NXT, btw) think it's a brilliant idea and are going to help as much as possible with stand placement.
Apparently the entire crypto world is going to be attending, this is shaping up to be the biggest BTC conference ever organised (according to the over-worked organisers):

We need some headliners from NXT and we need serious budget. The way things are going with NXT progress, this could be one of the events that will push NXT into the really big time.

We will also need some definitive, high-quality logo designs soon, to pass on to the BTC conference team to be included in their conference promo material.

TL:DR:
Booked stand, need money + speakers + logos.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
BTC38 is asking about which coin to add next on their exchange. Please take a few minutes to let them know about Nxt:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5525645
Activity: 490
Merit: 504
exactly, this is our duty, not only to attend these local meetings, but also to make and organize your own lectures, workshops and conferences about Nxt in your country
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
I gave an Irish guy who goes to Bitcoin meets 500 Nxt to basically have some pints and get his mates interested: https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,4272.msg40157.html#new

Turns out to be an event via meetup.com: http://www.meetup.com/Bitcoin-Dublin/events/166782462/

As you can see, a speaker will talk about colored coins, so I just explained the AE to him, which he didn't know even existed!

Small things lead to larger things.

I just checked and there is also a large group (260 people) here in Amsterdam that meets every first Wednesday: http://www.meetup.com/BitcoinWednesday/events/153350102/

Alas, I cannot make it tonight, but next month I will plan on making it. EvilDave might want to join me Smiley

Maybe other people can check out their places of residence and go. Not just for work, but also because of fun!

NXT.org
- BCNext finished his developing work on Nxt
- He is not abandoning Nxt
- He needs Nxt for other projects

That's not what he told me nor what CfB told us, but hey if there has been a misunderstanding and you have more info, feel free to share it.
For him NXT is a experiment that will either succeed or fail and he has moved onto another part of a "bigger experiment". NXT is now in our domain.

The difference is that I claim he needs Nxt for his next project, hence the wording ("abandoned") is wrong.

Semantics... He is no longer coding on NXT. No longer communicating with any NXTer (not even CfB). He has handed over the keys to his plans to CfB which will be revealed on April 4th.
But for all intents and purposes: BCNext has abandoned NXT. None of us know what his "bigger plans" are, so your CLAIM is nothing but pure conjecture and so my statement is true from all confirmed angles.

Could it be that his next project involves NXT ? Potentially, but as far as I know: no clear indication for this.
Activity: 338
Merit: 250

In a Group Skype conversations this was brought up about a week ago and BCNext has basically abandoned NXT (as was part of his plan), so we are now in 100% control of NXT.

Hmmm, feels a bit weird to be reading this "announcement" in a marketing thread...
I was always under the impression that CfB and BCNext were going to leave on the 1th of April.

Kinda a big deal (for me it is anyway).

Nonsense.

That's not what he told me nor what CfB told us, but hey if there has been a misunderstanding and you have more info, feel free to share it.
For him NXT is a experiment that will either succeed or fail and he has moved onto another part of a "bigger experiment". NXT is now in our domain.

Yeah, the info is all in the main thread, somewhere  Grin
CfB told us that he will be leaving April 1th and that BCNext would also gradually stop being involved. I read that CfB still discusses with BCNext, so I was assuming the rest. (which is the mother of....)

Can't speak for the rest, but I think there are a lot of people who are under the impression that he is still active and that the "handover" will take place April 1th.

But all of this is very off topic for the marketing thread.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

The difference is that I claim he needs Nxt for his next project, hence the wording ("abandoned") is wrong.
NXT.org

In a Group Skype conversations this was brought up about a week ago and BCNext has basically abandoned NXT (as was part of his plan), so we are now in 100% control of NXT.

Hmmm, feels a bit weird to be reading this "announcement" in a marketing thread...
I was always under the impression that CfB and BCNext were going to leave on the 1th of April.

Nonsense.

Nonsense.

Is this a response to me or Uniqueorn?

Nonsense.

Kinda big deal (for me it is anyway).
Activity: 168

Yeah, the author is very thorough in his research.
I tried to obtain some comments by CfB and BCNext for his book, but they were just oneliners, and BCNext was basically joking, answering that for NXT adoption we would need the "church" to promote us. But at least we made it in the book

cfb ir right, he is not stupide you know, church must promote us.

you can read that two ways.
NXT.org
Currently: no.
A whitepaper must be made by ourselves. Same with crypto-auditing, there is currently no math.

I also consider this one of the single most important thing we should get done quickly, together with getting more developers. NXT needs to have a robust core, if not then everything else we do will ultimately be useless.

Then let's get on this.
We still need that audit and a white paper.
Do we have *any* contacts that we can use for this?
Who from the developers could have contacts.

I'd hate for this to get washed away in the main thread again, so maybe we can talk to select people on PM for this, to make a more concentrated effort?

At this point, it's very important, because now we always have the risk of someone pointing out that we may have working client and system, but basically no *proof* it is safe.

I agree. PM me your skype and I'll add you to the group.
legendary
A whitepaper must be made by ourselves. Same with crypto-auditing, there is currently no math.

I also consider this one of the single most important thing we should get done quickly, together with getting more developers. NXT needs to have a robust core, if not then everything else we do will ultimately be useless.

Then let's get on this.
We still need that audit and a white paper.
Do we have *any* contacts that we can use for this?
Who from the developers could have contacts.

I'd hate for this to get washed away in the main thread again, so maybe we can talk to select people on PM for this, to make a more concentrated effort?

At this point, it's very important, because now we always have the risk of someone pointing out that we may have working client and system, but basically no *proof* it is safe.
NXT.org
Guys,

I just talked to someone who went to the Tal Aviv Bitcoin Conference and talked to a few MAJOR cryptography professors.

These people basically waved him away, and don't take Nxt seriously because it hasn't got a white paper and no cryptographical PROOF of it's safety and protocols.

This is still a gap in our documentation that we have.

Normally I'd put this in the main thread, but I want to bring it up here, because this is álso marketing.

The simple question is: do we have any idea of how the audit is going, and if not, can we get it?
This falls, for me, under the heading of "product testing".

If we can get the stamp of approval from academics, this is a major boost. If we can be waved away because, realistically, we have an untested product (actual use doesn't count, it needs to be rigorous mathematical proof) which can be poo-pood at will.

Can I have your thoughts on this?

Edit: nice write up, Uniqueorn!

legendary
Guys,

I just talked to someone who went to the Tal Aviv Bitcoin Conference and talked to a few MAJOR cryptography professors.

These people basically waved him away, and don't take Nxt seriously because it hasn't got a white paper and no cryptographical PROOF of it's safety and protocols.

This is still a gap in our documentation that we have.

Normally I'd put this in the main thread, but I want to bring it up here, because this is álso marketing.

The simple question is: do we have any idea of how the audit is going, and if not, can we get it?
This falls, for me, under the heading of "product testing".

If we can get the stamp of approval from academics, this is a major boost. If we can be waved away because, realistically, we have an untested product (actual use doesn't count, it needs to be rigorous mathematical proof) which can be poo-pood at will.

Can I have your thoughts on this?

Edit: nice write up, Uniqueorn!
NXT.org
Pages:
Jump to: