Pages:
Author

Topic: Nxt marketing & promotion :: Nxt forum now moved to nxtforums.org - page 17. (Read 78008 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 504
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
The 2014 Bitcoin Conference Amsterdam 15-17 May!
http://bitcoin2014.com/

Info on sponsorship levels (ie stands):
http://www.pdf-archive.com/2014/02/26/euros-bitcoin2014sponsorshipandexhibitoropportunities1/

Ok, guys and girls, here's a fairly short list of expected costs for the above:

See the .pdf for sponsorship options, this is currently the best option for us:

"Contributing sponsor": 1 registration, stand, some promo material, guidebook/website advertising: €1500

Standalone registration: €370-€415 per person.

RaspPiSolar: €250-€300

Clothing: €250-€500

Publicity material: €250-€500

The above is just a very rough estimate, particularly on the promo material and clothing costs.
Need to pick Salsacz brain, find out how much they spent in Berlin.

Anyhow, the rough estimate comes out to between:

€2620. For just 2 people, cheapest possible options on everything.  68,050 NXT

all the way up to:

€4045. For 4 people, most expensive options. 105,064 NXT
(NXT @ $0.053 = €0.0385)

This is not including the costs of any giveaway or special promo actions.

These are fairly big numbers, Salsacz has indicated that we have 20,000 NXT available immediately from the Marketing fund, but we are obviously going to need a lot more.

And we are going to need people most of all.

Especially tech types who would be willing to give a talk or take part in a panel. Myself and Damelon can probably put on a nice song and dance routine, but we don't have the in-depth knowledge of NXT ( and crypto) to impress serious industry players.

I'd also like to have a relatively professional video maker/reporter blogger film some NXT reports from the conference, particularly if a serious NXTer is giving a speech/panel.

Bring on your thoughts....

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I have keywords on my sites.

Huh

Nxt is developing innovations in the field of Financial Cryptography, an industry five years young.  Nxt is drawing from diverse disciplines including Accounting and Auditing, Programming, Systems Architecture, Cryptography, Economics, Internet, Security, Finance, Banking, Risk, Marketing and Distribution, and Central Banking.  

Including some of those industry keywords in the metatags will include your site in a wider variety of searches, therefore raise the site's organic search ranking.  Someone correct me if I am wrong on any of this or if there are more disciplines that Nxt stands at the crossroads of.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
Quick answer: we need a big pile of NXT.

I'm working up a budget, but we are looking at a fairly big numbers.
Check this out, while I put my list together....

This is a headline event for crypto in Europe, we need to bring our best game.
I think if there is a chance to get more funds for conferences for the year (now 200.000 Nxt), we can use more than 20-40k for this event if it is important now and then start to look for new donations. Especially for the table with working Raspberri, this might be a viral thing. We definitely need a guy with a good camera to create awesome videos there.

A video report is one of the things that we both were very enthousiastic about.
So we will do that, period. It's fun and it's a great way to get footage that can be used in other ways.

Good to hear about the funding.

Maybe ebereon can build us one of his wonderful solar raspi/cubies?

We really, REALLY need some technical cannon there, though.

legendary

Hmmm, I have no pile... Stack would be a better word or even smaller than that.  Sad
Do we have a stand? Is anything planned already?

I could chip in with *cough* fiat money *cough* to provide for stuff.

For now it's bedtime (have to wake up at 06:15, grmbl). But I will read through that site!

We want to have a lowest rung sponsor spot of 1500 euro.
http://www.pdf-archive.com/2014/02/26/euros-bitcoin2014sponsorshipandexhibitoropportunities1/preview/page/4/

Salsacz, can we have confirmation that is is OK? It's important due to planning!

We also want to bring in a cubie or raspi of course and we would have a booth.

We need to make a list of people we want to meet and contact them.

We need to make and order our apparel and brochures and other things we haven't yet planned.

EvilDave is now making a budget, so we can get approval by salsacz and then we will move quickly.
Activity: 490
Merit: 504

I think if there is a chance to get more funds for conferences for the year (now 200.000 Nxt), we can use more than 20-40k for this event if it is important now and then start to look for new donations. Especially for the table with working Raspberri, this might be a viral thing. We definitely need a guy with a good camera to create awesome videos there.
Activity: 338
Merit: 250

Hmmm, I have no pile... Stack would be a better word or even smaller than that.  Sad
Do we have a stand? Is anything planned already?

I could chip in with *cough* fiat money *cough* to provide for stuff.

For now it's bedtime (have to wake up at 06:15, grmbl). But I will read through that site!
Activity: 84
Will every Nxter PLEASE go read this article and comment on the Richard Gendal Brown blog that is direct linked from https://twitter.com/bitcoinnews

http://gendal.wordpress.com/2014/03/02/bitcoin-exchanges-are-more-centralised-than-traditional-exchanges-we-can-do-so-much-better-than-this/

Go comment on this NOW if you are able to reply to the topic of the article;

"Bitcoin exchanges are more centralised than traditional exchanges. We can do so much better than this."

GO! GO! GO! Comment and explain how the implemented Nxt cryptocurrency ecosystem with Asset Exchange presents the solution to traditional centralized exchanges.

legendary
I already like what I am seeing (regarding the design you posted)!

Thought so about nxt.org. Still sucks. They wanted to much money eh?  Sad
Think it came by in the main thread.

I wasn't referring to you about being more strict with bounties.  Grin
That's more of a general remark. If we pay for it, we get a say in it, otherwise: good luck!  Wink

So about Amsterdam: what do we need and what do we already have?

nxt.org is being privately developed. It may well become beneficial to the community, but it is not community property.
Dave will explain things for Amsterdam Smiley
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

Hmmm, okay, that's a pity then about the nextcrypto.org site...

We differ on the "that's also okay" part  Cheesy
Of course it's all open source, everyone can design whatever they want and do whatever they wish.
BUT: for the "official" (paid for by the community) branding we need uniformity and stick to it.

Is nxt.org ours? If so, that would really need to be a top notch designed website (through and through). All other official advertising should be based on the the same style and color schemes.

I also think that we should be tougher as to who receives what bounty and if they receive any bounty, we should also be allowed to change stuff and influence the look and feel. We are, after all, paying for it!

I am a firm believer that if my guys and I do a good job, it will be adopted. We are doing at least two styles to appeal to different groups and circumstances.

nxt.org is privately owned, so no, not ours.

My strategy with the branding guys is a relatively small bounty (30,000) for the work, but they then hodl Nxt, which will give them a reason to keep developing.
If not, we have all material and can work from that.

Mind you, it needs to be a total package, or there will be no payment at all.
I already like what I am seeing (regarding the design you posted)!

Thought so about nxt.org. Still sucks. They wanted to much money eh?  Sad
Think it came by in the main thread.

I wasn't referring to you about being more strict with bounties.  Grin
That's more of a general remark. If we pay for it, we get a say in it, otherwise: good luck!  Wink

So about Amsterdam: what do we need and what do we already have?
legendary

Of course it's all open source, everyone can design whatever they want and do whatever they wish.
BUT: for the "official" (paid for by the community) branding we need uniformity and stick to it.

Is nxt.org ours? If so, that would really need to be a top notch designed website (through and through). All other official advertising should be based on the the same style and color schemes.

I also think that we should be tougher as to who receives what bounty and if they receive any bounty, we should also be allowed to change stuff and influence the look and feel. We are, after all, paying for it!

I am a firm believer that if my guys and I do a good job, it will be adopted. We are doing at least two styles to appeal to different groups and circumstances.

nxt.org is privately owned, so no, not ours.

My strategy with the branding guys is a relatively small bounty (30,000) for the work, but they then hodl Nxt, which will give them a reason to keep developing.
If not, we have all material and can work from that.

Mind you, it needs to be a total package, or there will be no payment at all.

Haha, I am nót taking over nxtcrypto.org!  Cheesy
nxtcrypto is QBTC's/the communities' site. I am not the community, nor its spokesperson/marketeer.

I ám working with a group of young designers to try and get a coordinated "brand" going.

Everyone will have a repository they can freely take stuff from if they need it, so they can quickly make promo-material or set up a site that immediately says "Nxt".

Everyone is equally free to disregard it. If the material we provide is good enough, people will use it (which I hope, because I wánt Nxt to be immediately recognised). If not, it will fail.

Also, as you can see from my list, "brand" is more than just visuals. Visuals are supporting the brand, not the other way around.
I hope that clears it up. Communication is hard Wink

At the moment, however, I'm just polling for our visions, goals, targets etc. It may be we have widely different views. This is also OK. I am at the moment pushing the guys forwards, while at the same time reserving the right to tell them we need to change gears and throw out the things they are making at the moment.

Activity: 460
Absolutely nothing wrong for me with gambling/legal marijuana, but the silkroad-ish niche might have at least one strong contender soon (Darkcoin) and even if Bitcoin was largely raised in Silk Road, the rules have changed and illegal markets are not anymore the biggest incentive for people to use crypto platforms. Having Nxt and focusing on a SR3 sounds a little like having Linux and focusing on Tor.

And to answer shortly Damelon's questions from the POV of someone outside of the IT world who has been trying to learn since december:

What is, in a few sentences, the "vision" behind Nxt?
Bitcoin has brought groundbreaking features and a whole new paradigm. The vision behind Nxt leads to improve and update this paradigm, to effectively implement the real potential within the concept of Bitcoin. This implies both an upgrade of the network, and a step further in the construction of consensus: making trust unnecessary thanks to transparency.  

What is the purpose/goals of Nxt?
Building a decentralized economy for the people.

Where are we now?
We are finally leaving behind tons of FUD. We have proved - 1) Nxt is a solid crypto project, 2) There is a powerful community behind it, 3) Nxt delivers. We're starting to get some serious attention. In development, Nxt is moving well above the usual league, and ideas are becoming facts. The early release of the source code has been a very good move.

In the other hand, we are in a critical situation to release good, usable features. The efforts and attention placed in promoting forging, in trying to make it look profitable and a valid translation from mining, have been an important strategic mistake imho. I'm sure we've lost a good deal of people simply because they are (of course) disappointed with forging. Forging it's a network feature, but not an asset to tease people with. And this asks for a deep mindset change, starting in the community itself.

What are the key issues with Nxt at this point?
#1 for me would be getting ASAP to a public beta for asset exchange, using the best client layout we have. That would be wesley's right now. If we don't jump in the arena right away with this soon, it might become too late.

What are our key target groups? Define at most three.
1) is as wide as all the people trapped in financial/banking straightjackets. And Nxt can offer much more than an unregulated store of (volatile) value. Another natural group right now is 2) the crypto community itself.

(In this sense) What strategies and tactics we aren't using and could be used?
I'd think about two well differentiated fronts for Nxt promotion according to these two groups. 1) aimed at people outside of the crypto community. Introduce Nxt without using "Bitcoin" in the first block of text. Avoid technical jargon. Offer in new clients a Simple/Advanced interface. Describe the potential behind the Nxt network in a way that could be interesting and understandable for the average business owner and for my mother. Put Nxt as a potential safe haven in upcoming financial meltdowns. And for 2), engage a new round of serious PR work with other crypto communities. With the exception of the actual competition, re-present Nxt as a tool and an ally. Nxt should eventually become a plug-in for whoever wants to trade freely cryptocurrencies and other digital assets. Make a poll in BTT asking users to suggest which coins would they want to see first in an NXT Asset Exchange Gateway. Get them again interested and involved according to what Nxt has really on the table now. Leave forging aside.
legendary

Damelon is working with a design bureau on a streamlined house style for NXT, see above.

I wasn't aware that he was designing the house style and new nxtcrypto.org website. We did have contact, but I thought he was designing stuff for himself  Cheesy Good to know!

Hmmm... I wasn't aware he was redesigning the nxtcrypto.org site either. There have been many PM'ed notes that folks have liked it. It would be good for me to know if someone else will be taking over this site.

Haha, I am nót taking over nxtcrypto.org!  Cheesy
nxtcrypto is QBTC's/the communities' site. I am not the community, nor its spokesperson/marketeer.

I ám working with a group of young designers to try and get a coordinated "brand" going.

Everyone will have a repository they can freely take stuff from if they need it, so they can quickly make promo-material or set up a site that immediately says "Nxt".

Everyone is equally free to disregard it. If the material we provide is good enough, people will use it (which I hope, because I wánt Nxt to be immediately recognised). If not, it will fail.

Also, as you can see from my list, "brand" is more than just visuals. Visuals are supporting the brand, not the other way around.
I hope that clears it up. Communication is hard Wink

At the moment, however, I'm just polling for our visions, goals, targets etc. It may be we have widely different views. This is also OK. I am at the moment pushing the guys forwards, while at the same time reserving the right to tell them we need to change gears and throw out the things they are making at the moment.

Damelon is working with a design bureau on a streamlined house style for NXT, see above.

I wasn't aware that he was designing the house style and new nxtcrypto.org website. We did have contact, but I thought he was designing stuff for himself  Cheesy Good to know!

Hmmm... I wasn't aware he was redesigning the nxtcrypto.org site either. There have been many PM'ed notes that folks have liked it. It would be good for me to know if someone else will be taking over this site.

As far as i know they don't redesign nxtcrypto.org or any other website.
They do branding stuff and use a website layout to show color samples or something like that.
Damelon, can you clarify this a bit more?

Is the nxtcrypto.org site being redesigned?
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

I wasn't aware that he was designing the house style and new nxtcrypto.org website. We did have contact, but I thought he was designing stuff for himself  Cheesy Good to know!

As far as i know they don't redesign nxtcrypto.org or any other website.
They do branding stuff and use a website layout to show color samples or something like that.
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
What is, in a few sentences, the "vision" behind Nxt?

Nxt is the most innovative platform, offering unique functionalities to business. This decentralised business ecosystem is completely transaprent, deleting all middlemen and trust issues.!

What is the purpose of Nxt?

Financial, economical, personal freedom and transparency.

What are the goals of Nxt?

Building a substantial economy on it.
Mass adoption.

Where are we now?

Even biggest skeptics finally admitted that Nxt is not a scam. The advantages are obvious to anyone who knows what is Nxt. We are about to launch our best business functionalities and expect big businesses to take advantage of them very soon.

What are the key issues with Nxt at this point?

We need marketing. Competition is scared because it can not offer such functionalities. They can only black PR us. And that's what they do.

What are our key target groups? Define at most three.

Every crypto geek.
Any reputable trader (can trade on the decentralised asset exchange).
Gambling (casinos can issue color coins, which can be traded for anything on the asset exchange,  and play the role of fiat gateways).

What strategies and tactics aren't we using and cóuld be used?

We should contact popular bloggers, writers, artists, comedians who can just open Nxt account and get tipped by the audiences. Online magazines can stimulate positive comments and productive discussions by tipping best users. They may also plays games and offer bounties for best comments to become more popular...
We should contact more people who ask for donations. Let them know that they may get more if they make Nxt accoount. This will gather more attention to Nxt as welll.

Activity: 67

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I have keywords on my sites.

Huh
Pages:
Jump to: