Pages:
Author

Topic: Obelisk tech to release Miner for Decred with the DCR1 - page 2. (Read 4042 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
I hope someone is is watching these post.  I ordered a batch 2 decred miner.  wired the money but never got a confirmation.  I email Obelisk this week and was told they have no record of my order but not to worry.  Here is the email:

Jeremy from Obelisk ([email protected])
To:you Details
Greetings,

Thanks for reaching out! So I doubled checked our system I do not show that we received a wire transfer for your order. Before you panic, that does not mean that is was not sent. Our bank unexpectedly closed our wire account due to attempted fraudulent use of our information. This caused a number of our transfers to not arrive correctly.

If you would check with your bank to ensure the funds were not returned to them or are not awaiting further instructions we will begin the investigation process. If they show it was successful on their end we simply need a few pieces of information to track it down.

a.) Name on the wire
b.) The order number that was included on the wire
c.) A picture or pdf of the successful wire that included a reference number. This is important as it is how our bank will be able to locate it in the system.

After I receive this information I will pass it along to the financial team for them to work on. There is no need to worry, they are very good at their job and have located every missing wire we know about.

We do apologize for the issue, it is one of the reasons we had to switch to only accepting Bitcoin as payment.

I look forward to your reply.

Jeremy
Obelisk Support

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 08:34 am, [email protected] wrote:

Thank you so much for contacting Obelisk! This is an automated response. Be sure to check out the info below and browse our FAQ.

Our Batch 5 sale is currently closed.
Watch our site for info on what's next.

If you are waiting for a payment confirmation email
This will take about 1 day for Bitcoin payments.

If the website is showing any incorrect information
Make sure you clear your cache and refresh the page.

Thanks so much for your patience and support. We will get back to you as soon as possible!

– Team Obelisk

Discord | Twitter | Reddit

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 03:34 pm +0200, [email protected] wrote:

I ordered a batch 2. I never did get a confirmation email. The wire was sent and has cleared. Also how do i sign to check my order. The site keeps saying my email is invalid however i used the same email to order

So we preorder and they cant manage the orders?Huh/    I'm smelling a scam

Activity: 846
Merit: 115
Here is an email I got when I asked about the release date for the 1st batch of the DCR1.   Im still staying hopeful.

"Thanks for the support!  We are working very hard these days to get things out on time!

We will be sending out a more detailed update next week with near-final specs and production updates.

The short answer is that we are currently on track to ship Obelisk Batch 1 as scheduled, by June 30.

We can't comment on specs until the testing that is currently in progress is complete, but as of yesterday, we have fully-packaged ASIC chips in house and testing is in progress.

Our update email should have more on the specs.

Thanks, "
Activity: 20
Selling 1 coupon for Obelisk Asic ($250 discount). Pm me ;]
Looking for the most ‘reputable’ decred calculator.

Also ordered one 1st batch. Anyone remember the supposed ship date?

Thanks. Don’t trust the calcs for decred I found.

End of June 30th but they will try to release sooner. I have heard no updates from obelisk tech yet. Hopefully they release on time or earlier bc Chinese decred miners are hitting the streets already.

I thought that was SC-1 siacoin miner at that date? And decred 2 months later?

Hope I’m dead wrong.

Ya I am exactly not sure,  This miner was a speculative bet wild card for me,  Whatever happens, happens, I only risk would I could afford to lose on this.  Maybe this might be a rare collector item in the future, While everyone calls them bricks, I think they tell a good history in crypto mining and some museum may collect it 10 years from now. Hodl your asic miners.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!

End of June 30th but they will try to release sooner. I have heard no updates from obelisk tech yet. Hopefully they release on time or earlier bc Chinese decred miners are hitting the streets already.

I thought that was SC-1 siacoin miner at that date? And decred 2 months later?

Hope I’m dead wrong.
Activity: 65

Where does one find these Chinese miners?

copper member
Clueless!

Activity: 86
Is there any source/way we can build a decred ASIC miner ourselves? I'm asking because some countries may have laws which prohibits them from importing large number of miners. But I really want to add to the hash rate and decentralize our networks again.
copper member
Clueless!
Any one can incorporate in the US for as low as $49-$200. Their bank has shut down the business account and now they accept crypto only. For the legal US based business it's not possible in fact, so the bank has suspected fraud and shut down their account. Too many shady facts about this obelisk make it 90% potential fraud.

Always research the company behind these things . . .

Obelisk is a subsidiary of Nebulous Inc, which is the company behind the SIA blockchain development.  Nebulous is a company based in the US and you can actually identify and name its owners and the people behind it.  If it goes south, their reputation is on the line as well as the US legal system being brought to bear on them. They have also been quite open about what they are doing and where their funding comes from.

A few links for your reading:
https://blog.sia.tech/

https://sia.tech/funding2016/

https://siawiki.tech/development/nebulous_inc

How can anyone be sure that these are real? That this is not a scam?

Well between the above....and Bitmain selling A3's for $980 now (March 2018 delivery) .....and my 5 obelisks...my snap/crackle/pop breakfast cereal is getting soggy....

lost my frigging appetite....

thou I did get the email that my Obelisk FREE T-Shirt is on the way!

(why do I get the feeling I will be framing this T-Shirt and hanging it on the wall....with a small sign that said...I ordered 5 obelisk Sc-1 units and all I got was this

lousy T-Shirt!) Reality wise....this is no longer an unlikely senario..it seems Sad

Activity: 42
Any one can incorporate in the US for as low as $49-$200. Their bank has shut down the business account and now they accept crypto only. For the legal US based business it's not possible in fact, so the bank has suspected fraud and shut down their account. Too many shady facts about this obelisk make it 90% potential fraud.

Always research the company behind these things . . .

Obelisk is a subsidiary of Nebulous Inc, which is the company behind the SIA blockchain development.  Nebulous is a company based in the US and you can actually identify and name its owners and the people behind it.  If it goes south, their reputation is on the line as well as the US legal system being brought to bear on them. They have also been quite open about what they are doing and where their funding comes from.

A few links for your reading:
https://blog.sia.tech/

https://sia.tech/funding2016/

https://siawiki.tech/development/nebulous_inc

How can anyone be sure that these are real? That this is not a scam?
Activity: 51
Merit: 1

Don't have a decred miner coming...but if I did I'd be waiting for the other shoe to drop from Bitmain....I bet you..they will announce a decred

miner within the next month...count on it....

(bitmain: evil is how we roll!) (tm: bitmain)

If they don't make it then someone else will maybe a few months later.  The only way I see to stop asics from being developed is for a coin to have a position like the monero project where they just openly say, if we find out that there are asics on the network then we will fork the code to break it.  I don't see bitcoin core ever changing their algo, and even if they did the miners would keep on mining the old chain or just switch to bitcoin cash.  I think Satoshi let a genie out of the bottle and we might not be able to put it back in.
copper member
Clueless!

Don't have a decred miner coming...but if I did I'd be waiting for the other shoe to drop from Bitmain....I bet you..they will announce a decred

miner within the next month...count on it....

(bitmain: evil is how we roll!) (tm: bitmain)

Activity: 140
Merit: 17
Eh, that's not for Decred... (and out of stock)
Activity: 19
When you do some calcs with their specs it is almost to good to be true...

OBELISK DECRED 300GH:

https://whattomine.com/coins/152-dcr-blake-14r?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=300000.0&p=1000.0&fee=0.0&cost=0.1&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate

OBELISK SIA 475GH:

https://whattomine.com/coins/161-sc-blake-2b?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=475000.0&p=1000.0&fee=0.0&cost=0.1&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate

Let's assume what the "calculator says"

Decred = 3300 dollar month...
SIA = 4700 dollar month...

(I think for real, maybe half of it...)

The Obelisk miners seem to have an absolute great advantage to all people who (merged) mine Decred or Sia with their GPU right now. Not all miners who mine Ethereum or Zcash mine merged. I think it is just a small percentage because you need extra power for your GPU's it is not free, to mine merged (it costes extra)
There are also people mining with FPGA's (Ztex, Icarus, etc.) on Decred right know and if these Obelisk miner is real "real"
(I am still not sure) then we see the true switch from CPU --> GPU --> FPGA --> ASIC.
At this point Decred and or SIA will have their own ASIC and more fullgrown?? more futureproof..

I really like the DCR1, more than the SIA SC1 miner (personal) but they need to show us this is real stuff.

The thing with ASICs is that you don't get it now. You will get it when the difficulty has risen so much that you make $30 for 1500W of paper consumed. They will have so many of these mining for themselves until difficulty rises to a crazy level then they start shipping. Now you know Why there is always delays with Asic its about not shipping them out until they become close to unprofitable.

Yup you hit the nail on the head In fact looking at the current hashrates for both "Testing" has probably started and will increase until its time to ship .. or the power / income ratio doesn't make sense anymore Then everyone might get lucky and they will ship early Cheesy

You either trust this team and you buy, or you don't and you stay away. They have clearly said they won't start mining in the real network until the customers get their units. Also they have committed to max out their mining at 20% network hashrate. The sales numbers they publish in their website includes their 20% (what other asic manufacturer publishes this number?)

Please remember, this is a US based company and they can be sued if they lie, even go to jail (I bought only 2 units, but I'd be in the front of the line for the class action if they screw me, once I trust someone I can be really pissed of if I get betrayed)

As for calculating profitability this is available: http://www.sialytics.com

just get the A3 from bitmain and mine in a week from today, instead of wating for AUGUST .... 815 Ghash performance
https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020180116164357365a2ljX8gx06D3

OBELISK DECRED 300GH:

https://whattomine.com/coins/152-dcr-blake-14r?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=300000.0&p=1000.0&fee=0.0&cost=0.1&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate

OBELISK SIA 475GH:

https://whattomine.com/coins/161-sc-blake-2b?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=475000.0&p=1000.0&fee=0.0&cost=0.1&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate

The Obelisk miners seem to have an absolute great advantage to all people who (merged) mine Decred or Sia with their GPU right now. Not all miners who mine Ethereum or Zcash mine merged. I think it is just a small percentage because you need extra power for your GPU's it is not free, to mine merged (it costes extra)
There are also people mining with FPGA's (Ztex, Icarus, etc.) on Decred right know and if these Obelisk miner is real "real"
(I am still not sure) then we see the true switch from CPU --> GPU --> FPGA --> ASIC.
At this point Decred and or SIA will have their own ASIC and more fullgrown?? more futureproof..

I really like the DCR1, more than the SIA SC1 miner (personal) but they need to show us this is real stuff.

The thing with ASICs is that you don't get it now. You will get it when the difficulty has risen so much that you make $30 for 1500W of paper consumed. They will have so many of these mining for themselves until difficulty rises to a crazy level then they start shipping. Now you know Why there is always delays with Asic its about not shipping them out until they become close to unprofitable.

Yup you hit the nail on the head In fact looking at the current hashrates for both "Testing" has probably started and will increase until its time to ship .. or the power / income ratio doesn't make sense anymore Then everyone might get lucky and they will ship early Cheesy

You either trust this team and you buy, or you don't and you stay away. They have clearly said they won't start mining in the real network until the customers get their units. Also they have committed to max out their mining at 20% network hashrate. The sales numbers they publish in their website includes their 20% (what other asic manufacturer publishes this number?)

Please remember, this is a US based company and they can be sued if they lie, even go to jail (I bought only 2 units, but I'd be in the front of the line for the class action if they screw me, once I trust someone I can be really pissed of if I get betrayed)

As for calculating profitability this is available: http://www.sialytics.com
legendary
Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

OBELISK DECRED 300GH:

OBELISK SIA 475GH:

Yup you hit the nail on the head In fact looking at the current hashrates for both Testing has probably started and will increase until its time to ship .. or the power / income ratio doesn't make sense anymore Then everyone might get lucky and they will ship early Cheesy
copper member
Clueless!
Let's assume these guys are legit and ASIC miners hit the ground running starting June. We know GPU mining at that point is over for SIA and DECRED.

The question is if its worth buying/mining these coins now before that event horizon.. With a big flood of new coins hitting the market does that mean a general upward or downward price trend?

won't matter the siacoin is being used with the asic's to run a network of anon cloud data storage (unlike Amazon where they can give your data to gov't or corp etc) at 10%
the amazon current data storage prices.....

that is what will drive the price of the coin....their storage idea....this price on siacoin right now is just a perk

the real money is on the asic's and maybe once the network above shows legs...then reflected in siacoin price

anyway, my take on why I'm in this with the original 5 units

as to decred..unsure about how that coin works and any asic 'chops' it may have future wise

Let's assume these guys are legit and ASIC miners hit the ground running starting June. We know GPU mining at that point is over for SIA and DECRED.

The question is if its worth buying/mining these coins now before that event horizon.. With a big flood of new coins hitting the market does that mean a general upward or downward price trend?
That's not how crypto works. There won't be any "flood of new coins", difficulty auto-adjusts and coin supply remains constant. GPU mining may be dead before that, if enough Giant-B units are sold by Baikal.
How can anyone consider preordering these miners without seeing any proof of existence or internal design of the miners ? It's amazing how many people throw money at things like these. And the way the company changes the specs of the miners , saying they multiplied the final hashrate x2 or x5, as if it was an easy thing to do.

There is a single image on their website with a 3d render of black box, which to me, means nothing. They launched the preorder for a second batch before people even remotely received the first one. To me it's another company which has nothing to offer with scammy and shady practices.
You should ask that question to people buying the DragonMint, from a website without any address or name. The Obelisk company is owned by Nebulous. Both companies are incorporated in the US. Obelisk devs are not anonymous either, we know their real names. So, if they try to run with our money, they go to jail, plain and simple.

Beyond the fact that these are real people, they are available in the Discord channel, every day. Community behind this project is great.
Because of the facts above, I decided to buy a couple of units. I know there are risks, new company and everything, but I don't think it's a scam. I wouldn't order DagonMint however, since "HalongMining" is an unknown entity.
Pages:
Jump to: