Pages:
Author

Topic: Obelisk tech to release Miner for Decred with the DCR1 - page 4. (Read 4042 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 100
I love this Game!
Activity: 230
Merit: 101
I would have bought one if it wasn't for such huge other investments lately.
It seems fun to hoard sia or decred ^^.. you never know
Gonna pass these Sad
Activity: 846
Merit: 115
I'll put $100 dollar deposit and pay the remainder when ready to ship. 

No way im letting my money sit on the sidelines locked up for months on a pre order. I can just leave my money in BTC and just let that grow for 6 months.

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
I would be interested in the DCR1 Decred miner because I think its a good project but the lead time on these miners is too high for me to consider purchasing.

Too many variables at play when you have to wait that long to get the miner.

If they had any hope on these DCR1 miners ..they would allow you to swap a previous pre-order Obelisk miner for one.

(er nope I asked)

or

If they had any real hope on these...they would not only allow a 22 day pre-sale (still unsure what that means in that they still want 4k of units for both products)

I think, they just managed to do a quick and dirty fix on their existing obelisk miners to allow them to mine decred...and went what the hell toss them out there

and change the label on the front

Activity: 236
I would be interested in the DCR1 Decred miner because I think its a good project but the lead time on these miners is too high for me to consider purchasing.

Too many variables at play when you have to wait that long to get the miner.
Activity: 588
Merit: 262
https://obelisk.tech/

HIGH PERFORMANCE ASIC MINERS FOR DECRED AND SIACOIN

Mine Decred with the DCR1 and Siacoin with the SC1. Presale is open until November 24 with a cap of 4,000 units each. Delivery by June 30, 2018.
I do not understand how you can buy a miner, which extracts only one single crypto currency. You have to be a real sectarian to buy this miner. In the summer of 2018 DCR can cost a penny, well, or more than $100, but the buyer will not have an alternative in a negative scenario. They presented it as an advantage. Rave.
copper member
Clueless!
I think the Sia calculator on www.obelisk.tech has not been updated to 300mh

it still shows only 1 unit making 150,000 coins a month...if I remember correctly

Activity: 211
Merit: 100
Always research the company behind these things . . .

Obelisk is a subsidiary of Nebulous Inc, which is the company behind the SIA blockchain development.  Nebulous is a company based in the US and you can actually identify and name its owners and the people behind it.  If it goes south, their reputation is on the line as well as the US legal system being brought to bear on them. They have also been quite open about what they are doing and where their funding comes from.

A few links for your reading:
https://blog.sia.tech/

https://sia.tech/funding2016/

https://siawiki.tech/development/nebulous_inc

How can anyone be sure that these are real? That this is not a scam?
Activity: 230
How can anyone be sure that these are real? That this is not a scam?
copper member
Clueless!

FYI..for those asking about swapping a current Sia coin pre-order for their DC-1 deca coin miner (same prices)

nope they won't do that (was trying to migrage my risk....likely a moot point)

anyway, FYI
Activity: 489
Merit: 253
Surely people have learnt already.
Activity: 784
Merit: 282
Hopefully the launch of this ASIC does not do to DCR what it did to SIA.

The Obelisk SIA SC1 was actually the catalyst that brought Siacoin down to the dumps. From trading at 400 satoshi to 50 satoshi? Thats a huge loss.
My theory is when ASICs like this enter into a new coin which was previsouly only mined with GPUs, people get scared, they think it will mean more supply and more miners will be dumping their coins.
Activity: 422
Merit: 251
When you do some calcs with their specs it is almost to good to be true...

OBELISK DECRED 300GH:

https://whattomine.com/coins/152-dcr-blake-14r?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=300000.0&p=1000.0&fee=0.0&cost=0.1&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate

OBELISK SIA 475GH:

https://whattomine.com/coins/161-sc-blake-2b?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=475000.0&p=1000.0&fee=0.0&cost=0.1&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate

Let's assume what the "calculator says"

Decred = 3300 dollar month...
SIA = 4700 dollar month...

(I think for real, maybe half of it...)

The Obelisk miners seem to have an absolute great advantage to all people who (merged) mine Decred or Sia with their GPU right now. Not all miners who mine Ethereum or Zcash mine merged. I think it is just a small percentage because you need extra power for your GPU's it is not free, to mine merged (it costes extra)
There are also people mining with FPGA's (Ztex, Icarus, etc.) on Decred right know and if these Obelisk miner is real "real"
(I am still not sure) then we see the true switch from CPU --> GPU --> FPGA --> ASIC.
At this point Decred and or SIA will have their own ASIC and more fullgrown?? more futureproof..

I really like the DCR1, more than the SIA SC1 miner (personal) but they need to show us this is real stuff.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Ive been watching this sia coin miner from obelisk awhile back. Even with their bullsht payment terms. But has since been changed i believe.
But this new decred asic miner is new information to me,  and sounds interesting..
Yes the presale shipping date is a long stretch. Also shame they dont have a working prototype or full spec details yet.
Sounds like a gamble. Will follow this thread and see what the community feels about these new asic miners.
Activity: 846
Merit: 115
I'm on board for 1 SIA Obelisk and I'm considering 1 DCR Obelisk but I am unsure in this situation.

On the SIA Side, I believe the architecture has real purpose and that will eventually drive coin value.

On the DCR Side, I see more pump and dump coin and there are a ton of others out there. I am no DCR expert by any means but that's just what I see off the hip.

Decred is a slow moving giant coin. I consider it in the league of Litecoin and Monero. Even Charlie Lee promotes it and Decred has reputable strong development.  Price is stable and rock solid, Never lost more than 50 percent of it's value generally. But it's prices have been lagging behind litecoin/monero.  I feel Asic development for Decred is what it needs really to build a strong support trend to it's value,  Think of those that got the litecoin miners early,  They faired off well and litecoin support trend value became stronger.

But due to the potential risk i think it's just easier to buy the coin now anytime it's in between $25-$30.   Next year Decred might be $60 and your mining at higher difficulties earning less coins and would have been better off buying some now.
Activity: 833
Merit: 1001
indeed. vaporware or utter failure...

Seriously, With Obelisk reputation, 7 month time frame and BTC/ALT predicted bullish market in 2018.
Ya well fools are plenty in this world.
Activity: 952
Merit: 508
I'm on board for 1 SIA Obelisk and I'm considering 1 DCR Obelisk but I am unsure in this situation.

On the SIA Side, I believe the architecture has real purpose and that will eventually drive coin value.

On the DCR Side, I see more pump and dump coin and there are a ton of others out there. I am no DCR expert by any means but that's just what I see off the hip.

Activity: 301
Merit: 31
Maybe we will see similar scenario as We have in DASH, thanks to Bitmain... Embarrassed
Activity: 2604
Merit: 326
Is it true that Wolf0 works for Obelisk? Maybe he can tell us more
Pages:
Jump to: