Author

Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments - page 1123. (Read 1233958 times)

legendary
Activity: 964
Merit: 1008

Ignore this.  I guess HEUR stands for heuristics, or rather broken heuristics.  You can safely ignore such false positives, especially when 49 other antiviral scanners reported no issues.
legendary
So if i have 10 btc , what stops me from claiming once , sending the coins to a new adress claiming again and then havin claimed with hundreds of btc even though i just own 10 ?

We are not so stupid Smiley
As soon as you move BTC from the first address, it becomes empty and won't earn you anything.  What ultimately matters, is the balance of all your linked addresses when we make the snapshot of bitcoin blockchain in block 437000 (the exact block number subject to change).
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
Test Bytes from bot will remain when test ends?
Activity: 909
Activity: 481
Merit: 250
So if i have 10 btc , what stops me from claiming once , sending the coins to a new adress claiming again and then havin claimed with hundreds of btc even though i just own 10 ?
legendary
i get 78k bytes on my android , is it right or more bytes?

It's right, the faucet gives out a random amount.  You can request more in 24 hours.
Activity: 909
i get 78k bytes on my android , is it right or more bytes?
legendary
its still a testnet right? so no real coins exist yet

Correct.
Livenet to be launched in about two months.
Activity: 546
its still a testnet right? so no real coins exist yet
Activity: 924
Merit: 256
I predicted the price would be nice  Cool
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Hmm, interesting. I like Iota and if this isn't a clone, I'll be paying close attention. I like the distribution too. I hope exchanges don't get wind of this.
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002
Interesting. However I see a problem. The majority of Byteball will fall to the Exchanges, Corporate Miners, Whales and even The Fed. None of whom will give a stuff about the takeup, use, or community of Byteball.

Distro is interesting, but exchanges are going to get all the coins.

Are you both saying that exchanges will use their customers' bitcoins to claim bytes for themselves?

Are you saying "Exchanges, Corporate Miners, Whales and even The Fed" won't be able to claim 97.9% of the coins?

Well, I don't think they own that many bitcoins (it depends on your definition of whale though).  Their share of bytes will be almost the same as their share of bitcoins, among those who care to claim.

Thanks, the math is simple enough. I wanted to confirm, that you were just trolling before.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020
expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()
Interesting. However I see a problem. The majority of Byteball will fall to the Exchanges, Corporate Miners, Whales and even The Fed. None of whom will give a stuff about the takeup, use, or community of Byteball.

Are you both saying that exchanges will use their customers' bitcoins to claim bytes for themselves?

Are you saying "Exchanges, Corporate Miners, Whales and even The Fed" won't be able to claim 97.9% of the coins?

This is so funny. This is about the 500th time, someone thinks, that he found the holy grail of distribution, but its not. Many people were already thinking about it. Many many smart people. Bitcoin has still the best distribution with its pow. After so many tries.
This is for me the top list of distribution methods:

personal anonymous(not possible)
... long nothing
POW (algos with CPU or GPU only!)
steem-like awards (may get even better than POW but steem has some issues in the concept)
... long nothing
shares based like this here, clams or Aldor
investment, burn

Nevertheless the distribution is not the only counting point. If I say, everyone in the world gets one share and I even manage to distribute that somehow, the coin is still worth nothing, if you don't have any infrastructure...
And you can still win against a coin with better distribution with better marketing later ...
legendary

Well, I don't think they own that many bitcoins (it depends on your definition of whale though).  Their share of bytes will be almost the same as their share of bitcoins, among those who care to claim.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000
how to get this coin dev ? whether by mining or inves ? because I see good enough to follow this project . if you provide a bounty for us ? if there is I would download a wallet for the bounty ! Grin Grin

to get a bounty, please download wallets
after installing the wallet, click here https://byteball.org/ and you will get free bytes.
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

legendary
How similar is this tech to iOTA?

Both are based on DAG, everything else is different.
Activity: 724
How similar is this tech to iOTA?
legendary
how to get this coin dev ? whether by mining or inves ? because I see good enough to follow this project . if you provide a bounty for us ? if there is I would download a wallet for the bounty ! Grin Grin

We don't buy downloads.
There is no mining, we are currently running testnet, you get test bytes from the faucet bot.
Activity: 868
Merit: 501
Jump to: