Pages:
Author

Topic: Occupy Wall Street and BTC Prices - page 3. (Read 3069 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
November 20, 2011, 02:44:54 AM
I planned on attending my local rally on the one day it was supposed to be here but I ended up having a job interview for a major corporation who I wont name and didn't get the job anyways. I currently have a job but the other corporation probably just felt I was overqualified (which I am) for the job. However I do support what the protestors stand for 100%. The guy with the sign is funny I will give you that but there are legitimate issues all around the world. While many people suck at managing wealth it depends on what your definition of "managing" means. If it means marginalizing people and making money for doing nothing then yes they would defintiely suck at it. If it means that they are only digging themselves further in debt you may have a point. But you have to remember that for most people incomes are fixed or declining and prices are rising exponentially so there arent many choices available. I am one of the ones who have seen my wages stay stagnant while costs rise exponentially so they have my vote.

People are too quick to dismiss those they dont agree with as social rejects or "hippies". Labels are lame. I still maintain that these people if they were not camping out would also have a larger percentage of people than the general population who would be participating in the bitcoin economy.
donator
Activity: 392
Merit: 252
November 20, 2011, 02:37:02 AM
It seems to me that many of the people who are from the OWS movement would be supporters of the BTC movement. Given that so many of them are camping out in various occupy protests around the world I can't help but think that this is affecting current BTC prices through non activity/involvement from them. Just opening the door to a conversation here but I think this may have prices temporarily lower than they should be.

That's exactly what we need: An inflow of liberal blowhards with their hands out. Sounds awesome.

Wow, what a hatred filled statement. Why is it that people assume that Liberals are those with their hands held out? It seems to me that the right wingers (IE big corporations) have received more of the handouts in the last 10 years than the little guy. There are many liberal minded folk who are hard working and probably more productive than the i hate any government right winger folks. I suppose you think Richard Branson is sitting there with his hands held out too don't you?

(Edit)

Let me add that the right wingers only dislike government unless it is to provide some liberty or service. If it infringes on civil liberties or is about curtailing services then they are all for it. Funny how screwed up some peoples priorities are. Just ask anyone who has come from communism/marxism how they feel about our current governments insistence on spying on all of our conversations and what it would have resulted in back then.

I can't be sure, but I am relatively certain that you haven't had any direct exposure to these events. I've actually gone to a few, to check out the real happenings on the ground, and to talk to the people running them. They are complete social rejects. I even decided to troll Occupy Honolulu with a friend. He agreed to dress up in a suit and hold the sign I made.

There needs be structural changes, but your suggestion earlier would have far more merit. However, Zhou made a good point as well, and the fact is that poor people absolutely suck at managing wealth. We don't need a complete rebalancing, but we do need term limits for congressmen and senators, and it wouldn't hurt if the majority of bankers were stripped of their rights and thrown in jail.

Still, OWS protesters are douchebags.

-Jonathan
November 20, 2011, 02:27:11 AM
It seems to me that many of the people who are from the OWS movement would be supporters of the BTC movement. Given that so many of them are camping out in various occupy protests around the world I can't help but think that this is affecting current BTC prices through non activity/involvement from them. Just opening the door to a conversation here but I think this may have prices temporarily lower than they should be.

That's exactly what we need: An inflow of liberal blowhards with their hands out. Sounds awesome.

Wow, what a hatred filled statement. Why is it that people assume that Liberals are those with their hands held out? It seems to me that the right wingers (IE big corporations) have received more of the handouts in the last 10 years than the little guy. There are many liberal minded folk who are hard working and probably more productive than the i hate any government right winger folks. I suppose you think Richard Branson is sitting there with his hands held out too don't you?

(Edit)

Let me add that the right wingers only dislike government if it is to provide some liberty or service. If it infringes on civil liberties or is about curtailing services then they are all for it. Funny how screwed up some peoples priorities are. Just ask anyone who has come from communism/marxism how they feel about our current governments insistence on spying on all of our conversations and what it would have resulted in back then.
donator
Activity: 392
Merit: 252
November 20, 2011, 02:15:31 AM

November 20, 2011, 02:02:05 AM
Pages:
Jump to: