Pages:
Author

Topic: Offical launch of PhenixCoin.com - page 50. (Read 151407 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 100
Activity: 154
June 14, 2013, 09:58:53 PM
bought some as well
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
June 14, 2013, 09:13:57 PM
It's really confusing then when the prices are high people keep the coins and the value is low the people sell in really big quantities. Can't understand people who own PXC right now. I am keeping mine for long time.

They either sell low
- because they are panicking,
or
- because they hope to trigger a panic and buy back more coin at a much lower price.

but ... those would sold low today could have sold higher tomorrow
and those who may have wanted to buy back will have difficulties as most people holding pxc now want to keep them.

Still, what caused the movement in the last 2 hours was initially a sell order of 10k pxc a 0.00028. This order was much bigger than the other sell orders and triggered a little panic.

The volume and trade frequency is very low, its quite easy to scare the market with unappropriate orders ^^

I bought 25,000 in that panic sell Smiley  Thanks who ever sold cheap!
Activity: 126
June 14, 2013, 05:11:40 PM
It's really confusing then when the prices are high people keep the coins and the value is low the people sell in really big quantities. Can't understand people who own PXC right now. I am keeping mine for long time.

They either sell low
- because they are panicking,
or
- because they hope to trigger a panic and buy back more coin at a much lower price.

but ... those would sold low today could have sold higher tomorrow
and those who may have wanted to buy back will have difficulties as most people holding pxc now want to keep them.

Still, what caused the movement in the last 2 hours was initially a sell order of 10k pxc a 0.00028. This order was much bigger than the other sell orders and triggered a little panic.

The volume and trade frequency is very low, its quite easy to scare the market with unappropriate orders ^^
Activity: 462
PXC Research Team
June 14, 2013, 03:44:45 PM
Activity: 196
Merit: 104
June 14, 2013, 02:21:59 PM
Hey guys if you didn't see in the update thread yet:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2476109

Phenix exchange could arrive in the next few days!!
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
June 14, 2013, 11:46:31 AM
Yes the cryptsy order book and trend looks quit healthy in my oppionion... the buy / sell order are nicely balanced. Smiley

Edit: Especially compared to some other alt coins that i briefly checked with a sell / buy ratio of something like 100 : 1 (at least it looks like such a ratio, haven't watched closer)... ^^
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050
June 14, 2013, 11:31:46 AM
Dudes... no worries. Mike's working like crazy to update the phenix.qt client to fix the huge jump in difficulty and prevent it from happening again.

It looks like the situation might remedy itself in this instance ( profitability is slowly creeping up again, so network hash will very likely pick up again ) but in the future we won't have this problem again.

Watching the orders come in on Cryptsy is going to be fun.... i'm glad I already stockpiled 140k before the heaps of cheap coin ran out Grin
June 14, 2013, 11:18:17 AM
I have been actively mining for a bit with 3700KH tossed at it.  We will break through this Wink

i saw it ... i would say you are a lucky guy when we talk about finding blocks ;-)
I should have solo'd those!  hahaa..

Keep up the good work guys!  The amount of development on phenixcoin is amazing!  Its going places!
Activity: 196
Merit: 104
June 14, 2013, 10:47:38 AM
I gave my miner a brief rest last night but its back on. Also noticed prices have been on a nice gradual uptrend too.
June 14, 2013, 09:51:04 AM
I have been actively mining for a bit with 3700KH tossed at it.  We will break through this Wink

i saw it ... i would say you are a lucky guy when we talk about finding blocks ;-)
June 14, 2013, 09:40:07 AM
Activity: 224
School of Hard Knocks
June 14, 2013, 08:15:58 AM
Hmmm, why so impatient guys? Nothing changed in the last days. The hashrate is all the time around 20MH/s. There is no reason why it should have changed. For me the facts are as follows:

• Yes the hashrate is low and yes it may take month or so until the next retarget. BUT i don't see a probleme here because of the fact that IF the retarget would happen lets say tomorrow, we will be happy for ~1 day. After that all the new miners would have solved 2400 blocks in one day, again retarget bla bla, you know what i'm talking about. Be patient and give the developers the time they need to solve the retarget issue
  • Yes the profit AT THE MOMENT is low if you want to sell this shit right now. BUT why it should be different?? The services are not finished yet and there is no effective value for this coin, RIGHT NOW. Again, be patient and give the developers the time to finalize the services. They are not any kind of magician
  • Just mine now if you don't need the $$$ right now. If you can do it as a kind of hobby / for fun / long term investment then DO IT

In my oppinion it is like that in the moment. Just posting this here one more time as a summary because i see this "oh my god the hashrate" or "there is no profit" every few pages in this thread. Thats wired because there is NO reason why this should have changed in the last two days. There where NO retarget, NO announcement and NO 300% price jump on crypsy.

Buy PXC and if you have the hardware, mine it as well (yes i'm not adressing our ~5MH/s miners that are already doing this  Wink )

Just my two cents ...

Right at the point ...  we're in this to win this! Stay strong, all issues will be addressed and resolved ... Only like ~1750 Blocks to go! 650 already finished guys!
June 14, 2013, 07:21:08 AM
Hmmm, why so impatient guys? Nothing changed in the last days. The hashrate is all the time around 20MH/s. There is no reason why it should have changed. For me the facts are as follows:

• Yes the hashrate is low and yes it may take month or so until the next retarget. BUT i don't see a probleme here because of the fact that IF the retarget would happen lets say tomorrow, we will be happy for ~1 day. After that all the new miners would have solved 2400 blocks in one day, again retarget bla bla, you know what i'm talking about. Be patient and give the developers the time they need to solve the retarget issue
  • Yes the profit AT THE MOMENT is low if you want to sell this shit right now. BUT why it should be different?? The services are not finished yet and there is no effective value for this coin, RIGHT NOW. Again, be patient and give the developers the time to finalize the services. They are not any kind of magician
  • Just mine now if you don't need the $$$ right now. If you can do it as a kind of hobby / for fun / long term investment then DO IT

In my oppinion it is like that in the moment. Just posting this here one more time as a summary because i see this "oh my god the hashrate" or "there is no profit" every few pages in this thread. Thats wired because there is NO reason why this should have changed in the last two days. There where NO retarget, NO announcement and NO 300% price jump on crypsy.

Buy PXC and if you have the hardware, mine it as well (yes i'm not adressing our ~5MH/s miners that are already doing this  Wink )

Just my two cents ...
Activity: 56
June 14, 2013, 07:01:51 AM
network hashrate 22 MH/s.. sad..
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
ADT developer
June 14, 2013, 06:24:02 AM
Est. Avg. Time per Round   1 Hours 53 Minutes at phenixmining.com,pool is about 63.72% of total speed
so,we solve 1 block every 69mins
48000-46216=1784*69= 123096mins/1440= 85.4 days  Shocked
It`s difficult to resolve blocks with more and more leaving miners.

i would put more kh on pxc but i dont want to have more than 10% of the network speed i( i had 25% te other night with only 6,800kh
Activity: 364
June 14, 2013, 06:21:04 AM
Est. Avg. Time per Round   1 Hours 53 Minutes at phenixmining.com,pool is about 63.72% of total speed
It`s difficult to resolve blocks with more and more leaving miners.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
ADT developer
June 14, 2013, 06:20:55 AM

that cant be corect i am solving a block every 1.5h with 1900kh ( 1 rig of 3 5950s )
Activity: 476
June 14, 2013, 06:17:57 AM
Activity: 126
June 14, 2013, 05:15:43 AM
If you actually bricked it and it doesn't even post/start you are done, sorry

Not necessarily ... not sure with 6950, but I bricked my 7950 (I flashed the *two* bioses with a non compatible one !)

I managed to unbrick it by booting using another video card (an old S3 virge on the PCI bus in my case).
If you can boot your computer on another card, then you can flash your ATI back.
If you have a motherboard with integrated graphics, it may do the trick also.

Just be sure to first disconnect your bricked board. Boot on a working one, change your motherboard bios to still boot using the working one (by default it use the PCI-E board, not the PCI one, you have to change that).
Then stop, your computer, plug back your bricked card, reboot and try to flash
Pages:
Jump to: