Pages:
Author

Topic: Offical launch of PhenixCoin.com - page 57. (Read 151407 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050
June 09, 2013, 11:49:51 AM
I'm on Cryptsy a lot, watching the prices and buying small, low sell orders, so YOU dont have to. I'm selling these 5k batches through safetrade. 5k for 1 BTC is actually a good price, you'd have to spend a lot of time getting it cheaper. Low volume on Cryptsy makes it hard to buy more then a few K at a reasonable price.
Search for these TX ID's on phenixst.com :

Selling :

5k for 1 BTC : 51B4A3DD-8F75-F123-70F8, 51B4A5C3-54D5-6678-3C1D, 51B4A60A-9B70-F12C-5070,51B4A643-B98E-6972-AB10
10k for 2 BTC: 51B4A685-A7DC-CFB1-CFC9

I'm also buying PXC 10k for 1.75 BTC : 51B4A685-A7DC-CFB1-CFC9

I'm temporarily out of BTC. Buying more when my SEPA transfer comes in at MtGox or when I sell some of the above orders.

Due too the scary news around Cryptsy, I'm cancelling all my trades and pulling back all funds, sorry no trades at this time.

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
PXC Research Team
June 09, 2013, 09:54:06 AM
i've left a miner on this as i think pxc is only unprofitable to mine if you judge it on todays price, if you take in to account the devs and the forthcoming things for pxc you can see easilyt the value is 5x or more what it is saying now.  So if you believe this it is still profitable to mine.

However i have said this since the begining of the thread that the diff readjust is not good, it needs to really work like dgc and wdc fast readjustment is protect against immediate profit miners that mess with the diff. It stops them raiding lots of easy coins and leaving the dff high when the go on to mine the next coin.

This coin design is now out dated and needs a far quicker readjust.

Actually this seemes more like a targeted attack. for some hours there were more than 3.5 GHash on PXC - from 4-500 before and now like 60 lol...so this was not a miner thing but somebody tried to bring it down..but no way!

lets hope thay make a hard fork and change the diff retaget times to 1h or so

576 block / 48 hour retarget is fast enough to not get it stuck for a long time.

But the real problem is: we all believe in PXC but when diff is a bit high we start looking at "profitability" and "mining at loss". What loss? Don't you believe in it anymore? Are you selling now anyway? I'm not... So how can you tell you're are mining at loss?

When LTC diff was 10 in 2012, I wish I would have kept mining until april 2013... But I didn't, because it was "mining at a loss"... Now I regret...

If you support/believe in a coin, mine it or buy it, for better or worse.

I do both Smiley

When the new features of the Phenix developers are released, price will go up and difficulty 10 will be the lowest you will see for a long while.

I was thinking the same but don't know what drove me away. You brought me back to PXC. Thanks.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
School of Hard Knocks
June 09, 2013, 09:26:51 AM
i've left a miner on this as i think pxc is only unprofitable to mine if you judge it on todays price, if you take in to account the devs and the forthcoming things for pxc you can see easilyt the value is 5x or more what it is saying now.  So if you believe this it is still profitable to mine.

However i have said this since the begining of the thread that the diff readjust is not good, it needs to really work like dgc and wdc fast readjustment is protect against immediate profit miners that mess with the diff. It stops them raiding lots of easy coins and leaving the dff high when the go on to mine the next coin.

Actually this seemes more like a targeted attack. for some hours there were more than 3.5 GHash on PXC - from 4-500 before and now like 60 lol...so this was not a miner thing but somebody tried to bring it down..but no way!

576 block / 48 hour retarget is fast enough to not get it stuck for a long time.

But the real problem is: we all believe in PXC but when diff is a bit high we start looking at "profitability" and "mining at loss". What loss? Don't you believe in it anymore? Are you selling now anyway? I'm not... So how can you tell you're are mining at loss?

When LTC diff was 10 in 2012, I wish I would have kept mining until april 2013... But I didn't, because it was "mining at a loss"... Now I regret...

I do both Smiley

When the new features of the Phenix developers are released, price will go up and difficulty 10 will be the lowest you will see for a long while.

Words of wisdom spoken here!
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
June 09, 2013, 09:17:58 AM

But the real problem is: we all believe in PXC but when diff is a bit high we start looking at "profitability" and "mining at loss". What loss? Don't you believe in it anymore? Are you selling now anyway? I'm not... So how can you tell you're mining at loss?

I do both Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1198
Merit: 1000
June 09, 2013, 09:15:07 AM

hardfork is bad for the reputation of the coin.

we need hash power or price jump
legendary
Activity: 868
ADT developer
June 09, 2013, 09:06:27 AM
i've left a miner on this as i think pxc is only unprofitable to mine if you judge it on todays price, if you take in to account the devs and the forthcoming things for pxc you can see easilyt the value is 5x or more what it is saying now.  So if you believe this it is still profitable to mine.

School of Hard Knocks
June 09, 2013, 09:01:18 AM
i've left a miner on this as i think pxc is only unprofitable to mine if you judge it on todays price, if you take in to account the devs and the forthcoming things for pxc you can see easilyt the value is 5x or more what it is saying now.  So if you believe this it is still profitable to mine.

PXC Research Team
June 09, 2013, 07:54:00 AM

I am agreed. We need even faster difficulty adjustments then DGC and WDC. It will make a huge difference if the difficulty adjustment is set to 2-3 hour.
legendary
ADT developer
June 09, 2013, 07:50:38 AM

they need to do what i planed with the diif chances and fees https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-crd-credits-a-new-crypto-with-real-innovation-226582
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
June 09, 2013, 07:48:36 AM

School of Hard Knocks
June 09, 2013, 07:44:33 AM
Finally I can put another 2 MHash at PXC again, had probs for more than 12 hours with my rig ... Folks, heads up, clench your teeth and let's go ... United we stand divided we fall ... This will make PXC even stronger and we will rise from the ashes ...Things to come in the pipeline and it will all pay out in thelong run ... don't forget PXC is tout jsut like three weeks and it was obviously already perceived as a threat. Maybe somebody wanted to gain some time ... The devs will work swiftly and we support them and thecoin by mining those blocks away! So everyone is doing the best he can ...
PXC Research Team
June 09, 2013, 07:44:10 AM
if i was the devs i would be geting ready for a hard fork ( just in case its needed ) with bitcoin price faling pxc should go up

AT this time PXC should go up. BUt if I were a dev I would have released a market place and a forum to increase the value. The hard fork is not needed at the moment but if the price stays there for two more days we will definitely be needing a hard fork.
legendary
ADT developer
June 09, 2013, 07:35:37 AM
if i was the devs i would be geting ready for a hard fork ( just in case its needed ) with bitcoin price faling pxc should go up
Activity: 840
June 09, 2013, 07:35:16 AM
The network mine a block every 17 minutes !

It will take 24 Days at current hashrate to reach the diff retarget ! by the way, the hashrate still continue to drop !

We need to get more hashrate or pxc will die
I would'nt make network rate my biggest concern. Look at MNC, they dealt with 15 MH/s for a loong time, and after their long awaited blockchain patch fork, they are still only at like 50 MH/s today.

Phenix has the best potential out of most of the altcoins. Only a couple out there are pouring talent into their community.
I wouldn't sweat it. The dev just needs to take his time watching what needs to be done then releasing a well timed patch that corrects diff re-targeting.

When the services come, the value goes up.. and so does the profitability.
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
June 09, 2013, 07:33:15 AM
18 Days is still a lot !

And now calculate that miners dont like to loose money while mining and you are good to go with 100 days.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
June 09, 2013, 07:29:44 AM

It will take 24 Days at current hashrate to reach the diff retarget ! by the way, the hashrate still continue to drop !

i will put 50,000kh to it when i have my new rigs in a few days ( i dont realy want to thow because i not want to hold to big a stake in pxc )

Average time per block = 10,39((2^32)/(3600*57)) = ~ 13 min  => made a mistake before on block time

number of block to retarget : 2010

13*2010= 26130 minutes ~ 435 Hours ~  18 days

18 Days is still a lot !

Yes of course, this is still alot .... i will stay on PXC, even with the high diff... anyway i have only a 600 KH/s rig. I hope that we have some people that stay on PXC to get this blocks slowy eaten....
legendary
June 09, 2013, 07:24:28 AM

i will put 50,000kh to it when i have my new rigs in a few days ( i dont realy want to thow because i not want to hold to big a stake in pxc )

Average time per block = 10,39((2^32)/(3600*57)) = ~ 13 min  => made a mistake before on block time

number of block to retarget : 2010

13*2010= 26130 minutes ~ 435 Hours ~  18 days

18 Days is still a lot !
legendary
ADT developer
June 09, 2013, 07:13:16 AM

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
June 09, 2013, 07:12:41 AM

Where do you get the information from? I'm still looking for a site where i can see the next "retarget block" so that i could calculate some thing .... pxc.epools.org says that the next retarget is on 18.06.2013... 9 days. Don't know who is wrong now Wink
legendary
June 09, 2013, 07:05:34 AM

Pages:
Jump to: