Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 217. (Read 530599 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
ANC has great price action on Cryptsy in the last 24 hours. This could be poised for a breakout.
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
@BitcoinSniper, 
this is not bitcoin,
Anoncoin have no problems,
everything will be ok, just listen our people who can help you.
i have tried everything . Seeing how i was one of the first miners on this and my wallet contained some of the first coins minted . I am thinking something strange has happend to the chain. My coins are not even coming up. Not really keeping up with the updates but has something happend to make my coins not show up on the network
just updated my wallet and get error "Warning: error reading wallet.dat! All keys read correctly, but transaction data or address book entries might be missing or incorrect

This really Sucks because i was one of the very first people mining this from launch and now i have nothing to hold.  Please advise ?
run with -rescan and the missing tx's should reappear

still nothing changed. Did fix the error i was getting but now all i see in the client is a locked wallet with no coins
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
just updated my wallet and get error "Warning: error reading wallet.dat! All keys read correctly, but transaction data or address book entries might be missing or incorrect

This really Sucks because i was one of the very first people mining this from launch and now i have nothing to hold.  Please advise ?
run with -rescan and the missing tx's should reappear

This really Sucks because i was one of the very first people mining this from launch and now i have nothing to hold.  Please advise ?
Activity: 779
Merit: 502
Noob questions and help, please.

I thought ZeroCoin was not due for release until ~May. Is AnonCoin using some of the code or principles from ZeroCoin?

Will AnonCoin be better or about even with DarkCoin?

ETA on ANC/Zerocoin stable release?

If you read through this thread, meeh's blog (link in this thread), anoncoin subreddit and @anoncoinproject on twitter I think you get good answers for all your questions.

I am confident that Anoncoin will be superior to darkcoin, zerocash and others.

The devs are really competent and their motive for being involved in this project seems to be different compared to the competition. The Anoncoin project is about  creating a truly anonymous currency.

Most coins purpose is to enrich the devs/early adopters. First you got the instamine/premine, then hype and then dumping. To start a new coin is easy and if the coin dont get the attention they need to make money, the devs just leave it and come up with a new idea/consept.

You should also compare Anoncoin and darkcoin distribution. Anoncoin block size is 5 coins and it will be 5 coins for 2 whole years before the block reward halves. Anoncoin have been around for 9 months and proven itself many times over. Darkcoin is 50 days old and started out with a block size of 500 coins and the block size is now only 20 coins.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Now, you can buy human hair extensions for your wife or you ladies with Anoncoin on:
https://www.cheveux-naturels.com/

This should cause a *major* jump in ANC value!!!

But seriously, get ANC/Zerocoin working and ANC will pump itself up just for its utility.

Noob questions and help, please.

I thought ZeroCoin was not due for release until ~May. Is AnonCoin using some of the code or principles from ZeroCoin?

Will AnonCoin be better or about even with DarkCoin?

ETA on ANC/Zerocoin stable release?
Activity: 45
Thanks. I put in a ticket 3 hr ago. Will update.
Activity: 45
Hey guys - need some help here?

I withdrew some from Cryptsy.

Here is my address:
AY214rQUkYDjd6MUBit5MDBxDJHn6cse3e

Here is the TrXID:
c9d9e0918d5c441be0522586ce168483e9e56c2c906bda61959525ec3f9cdb6b

Yet, my wallet shows nothing. I have 15 active connections and it says up to date ?
Activity: 490
:)
Anoncoin is now available in PPA and Debian repository!

PPA (Ubuntu only):
https://launchpad.net/~anoncoin/+archive/anoncoin

Anoncoin has also been added to the I2P Debian/Ubuntu repository, URLs for your release could be found here
http://deb.i2p2.no/

Many thanks to KillYourTV from the I2P team for this!

Also, Gnosis has spoken more about the Zerocoin implementation:
https://pay.reddit.com/r/ZeroCoin/comments/1zxw8z/more_details_about_zerocoininanoncoin/
trying a TOR setup since I use it occasionally. Should I run tor when i run the wallet?

*UPDATE*
Got it working with TOR =P

Great to hear it worked out Smiley
Hey all,

Attempting to get to the site to download the newest wallet.

https://anoncoin.net

It appears to be down.  Anyone have word on this?

Hm yea, site seemed to be down a bit right after I got to sleep. Seems like it was network problems, I'm checking logs now. Anyway site is back.
Activity: 186
trying a TOR setup since I use it occasionally. Should I run tor when i run the wallet?

*UPDATE*
Got it working with TOR =P
Activity: 186
Can anyone help me? My wallet was synced and fine and I was receiving coins from mining. Im running ANC on clearnet with no TOR or i2p used whatsoever and I was not having any problems. I had sent 0.95 ANC to CoinEx for a test trade and it has been at 0 confirmations for over a week. I asked support what was up and after a few days of trying things we came to the conclusion something on my end was screwy. So I decided to reinstall the wallet completely. I backed up my wallet.dat file and reinstalled. Now I cant get any connections AND im still missing the 0.95 ANC.

How do I get connections running clearnet?
Where did my almost 1 ANC go?

Rescan your wallet for spends not broadcasted/accepted into the network.

Anoncoin.exe -rescan

Go to %appdata% and locate Anoncoin. Try delete peers.dat to reset the peer list.

Tried it and not syncing still so I dont know if anything worked. Maybe I need nodes? I was looking at the .conf and this isnt right
rpcuser=anoncoinrpc
rpcpassword=4pP*********************************
daemon=1
server=1
 Clearnet nodes for conf?

Here are a list from earlier:

addnode=193.150.121.28
addnode=69.147.229.226
addnode=193.150.121.66
addnode=144.76.166.163
addnode=193.150.121.69
addnode=198.199.81.74
addnode=74.65.163.191
addnode=91.178.75.205

Hope it works for you!
Added nodes and still no connections, then I updated my .conf to
rpcuser=anoncoinrpc
rpcpassword=3X*******************************
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=7882
daemon=1
server=1
addnode=193.150.121.28
addnode=69.147.229.226
addnode=193.150.121.66
addnode=144.76.166.163
addnode=193.150.121.69
addnode=198.199.81.74
addnode=74.65.163.191
addnode=91.178.75.205

Still nothing. Tried a rescan, deleting peers, reinstalled again, deleting .conf file and nothing still. I am at my wits end and am not too familiar with i2p and rarely use TOR so I havent tried those setups.
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
My updates on the Zerocoin progress: https://sigterm.no/blog/6/

Page won't load.

Can anyone post what the update is?
Activity: 126
Lean into the curves.
Anncoin should be more user friendly

What should be done to make the coin easier to use:

1. Build-in CPU and GPU miner (Pass parameters to sgminer/cpuminer over anoncoin interface?)
2. There should be a buttons to reset configuration and redownload blocks, with proper cautions and a infromations about it
3. Build in I2P without installing it separately would be great
4. Add at start a proposition to secure wallet with password
5. Add "Dont show again" in caution boxes

+1

Glad to hear 3 is in the works.
Activity: 9
Hey all,

Attempting to get to the site to download the newest wallet.

https://anoncoin.net

It appears to be down.  Anyone have word on this?
My updates on the Zerocoin progress: https://sigterm.no/blog/6/
Can anyone help me? My wallet was synced and fine and I was receiving coins from mining. Im running ANC on clearnet with no TOR or i2p used whatsoever and I was not having any problems. I had sent 0.95 ANC to CoinEx for a test trade and it has been at 0 confirmations for over a week. I asked support what was up and after a few days of trying things we came to the conclusion something on my end was screwy. So I decided to reinstall the wallet completely. I backed up my wallet.dat file and reinstalled. Now I cant get any connections AND im still missing the 0.95 ANC.

How do I get connections running clearnet?
Where did my almost 1 ANC go?

Rescan your wallet for spends not broadcasted/accepted into the network.

Anoncoin.exe -rescan

Go to %appdata% and locate Anoncoin. Try delete peers.dat to reset the peer list.

Tried it and not syncing still so I dont know if anything worked. Maybe I need nodes? I was looking at the .conf and this isnt right
rpcuser=anoncoinrpc
rpcpassword=4pP*********************************
daemon=1
server=1
 Clearnet nodes for conf?

Here are a list from earlier:

addnode=193.150.121.28
addnode=69.147.229.226
addnode=193.150.121.66
addnode=144.76.166.163
addnode=193.150.121.69
addnode=198.199.81.74