Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 213. (Read 530599 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
Are I2P-Hidden Services really harder to decloack than TOR Hidden Services?

www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=security/darknets-i2p-identifying-hidden-servers#_ftn22

This is old, but looks to me I2P are super easy to decloack, same as TOR.

Is this coin I2P only?
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
One thing that should be clearer is whether you need i2p running in order to run the client with anonymity or whether it actually has it's own support for i2p built in via some kind of library.

- next up, merged mining?
MM is not supported
Activity: 304
Merit: 250
One thing that should be clearer is whether you need i2p running in order to run the client with anonymity or whether it actually has it's own support for i2p built in via some kind of library.

- next up, merged mining?
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
It is great to have another altcoin finally, there is only so little now released, we really need this!

I'm sure it will gain value and the use of very fast, we are rich, released last month, unlike the other 57 coins.

I support this coin, it has a great future, until the difference = 4

What coin you talking about?

Anoncoin is here almost a year! 

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Will the Zerocoin functionality be closer to the original Zerocoin paper with all its problems, like 25kb (too large) transactions or will it be based on the improved Zerocash proposal?
legendary
Yeah, please give us a comparison Darkcoin vs. Anoncoin security and level of anonymity.
vs. Dark Wallet vs. Stealth Addresses vs. Mixing services aka tumblers

Srsly, anyone?
Darkcoin is like Dogecoin, just few letters difference
Anoncoin is like Bitcoin on nitro, more securer, and soon will be first true anonymous coin.
I must let you know, it is for 18+ , not for kids.

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
I forget once again. Which coin is securer and more private Darkcoin or Anoncoin?
I see that all of you are on "mute" 
ready for the anonmoon?
In a few weeks, we are UP, all of you who thinks that you don't have enough anoncoins,
now it is time for buy!

I have inside information, only few people will read this!

Mark my smile

Grin

Activity: 490
:)

Is there any merit to the talks about a exploit in the KGW? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5705917

There sure is, any respons to this please? Smiley

Shortening the retarget blocks needed in KGW makes a TW exploit possible according to that guy based on the fact that the timestamps of the blocks aren't taken into account.

We're aware of the statement and is checking it out. If it is exploitable this will of course be fixed. It would require an hardfork, I will give more information soon.
Activity: 779
Merit: 502

Could you give a synopsis of the article, since most of us can't don't speak Polish.

You should try Google Chrome. It comes with an translater that starts every time you come to a non english/your language website. It translates polish and chinese as far as i have tried.  Smiley
Activity: 434
Merit: 100

Could you give a synopsis of the article, since most of us can't don't speak Polish.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
I have sent some anoncoins but the transaction hasn't been relayed at all as far as I can tell?.. is there a way to redo the transaction or?..

Date: 3/23/2014 15:22:06
To: cryptsy AahK7s3cX6TRZtoWMkWu8vmdeBvDXez73T
Debit: -0.16212418 ANC
Net amount: -0.16212418 ANC
Transaction ID: dfd0df58fbcd42b2988d3057dcccfae225fbf7724ad16b0882cb7d002491ce40

thanks..
legendary
Activity: 1477
Merit: 1176
Anoncoin will feature two pages in the book called Cryptocurrency "The Alt-ernative" the Beginner's Reference

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483187.new#new

Please donate to the below Anoncoin wallet address in order to help fund this project:

ANVLEZMHZYZRtS9mT4WNxunwLN7xi89imD

It will have 2 pages similar to this:

If you spot any spelling or grammar errors, these are easily sorted.  I do have a full time job as well as trying to get this project completed too.
legendary
Yeah, please give us a comparison Darkcoin vs. Anoncoin security and level of anonymity.
vs. Dark Wallet vs. Stealth Addresses vs. Mixing services aka tumblers
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Meeh should make an atricle on wikipedia, as dogecoin did.
Activity: 34
Darkroad Marketplace will now accept Bitcoin, Darkcoin and Anoncoin
Activity: 298
Merit: 250
Thanks Arlic!
So Zerocoin is superior to everything what's out there in terms of Anonymity
Let's see how it goes... sometimes I doubt it will affect the price. Many people just don't care about transferring things anonymously    ... people still use WhatsApp, Facebook and Twitter right?
Activity: 43
There is an interview tih gnosis: http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/02/24/interview-anoncoin-developer-speaks-zerocoin-implementation/
Gnosis have answered few weeks ago at this forum

Can someone explain for the non-programmers/non-cryptographers what is the difference between Anoncoin and Darkcoin, please?

Darkcoin plans to use "CoinJoin": https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/coinjoin-bitcoin-privacy-for-the-real-world-279249

Anoncoin plans to use Zerocoin: http://zerocoin.org/

I'm not sure on which is more anonymous.. I think we should start a debate thread perhaps. Smiley

CoinJoin has questionable anonymity compared to Zerocoin.  The reason is that with CoinJoin, two or more users must somehow partner up and forge a transaction together.  They communicate over a secure channel to do this.  The coins are only mixed among these "partners."  Picking partners you can trust is a significant obstacle: how can you know that your partners will "forget" the mixing that happened?  One may try to repeat this 10 times with randomly chosen partners, but how can you know that your partners are not all just sock puppets of one malicious entity (on an anonymous network, it is trivial to create as many fake users as you want[1])?  If that is the case, then your efforts are in vain.

Compare this with Zerocoin, where you put your coins in an accumulator, and they are mixed with the coins of all users who have put coins into that accumulator, since the beginning of Zerocoin.  There would be a different accumulator for different denominations of Anoncoins (1, 5, 10, 50 ANC, etc.).

To put it simply, the more users' coins your coins are mixed with, the more anonymity you have.

I cannot speak to Darkcoin's implementation (or planned implementation) of CoinJoin since I cannot seem to find any specs or code on their Github or their site.  If anyone knows, please point me to them.

Notes:

[1] Otherwise known as a Sybil attack: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sybil_attack
Jump to: