Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 104. (Read 5805527 times)

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Con,

I am looking at stale_work() code. I am wandering if work gets stale in solo and gbt also?

if (pool->gbt_workid)
      work->job_id = strdup(pool->gbt_workid);
Shall job_id be checked inside stale_work code. For stratum it is considered as stale if there is no share but for gbt and solo?
Thanks
There are enough checks to determine if work is stale with gbt solo/pool already.
Thanks,
Can you give me some hints what to look for in the code i am carious

Thanks
work_block is enough to pick up if we're working on the same block. work_id is used only for pooled gbt mining (not solo) to tell the pool which gbt update it came from (and is optional at the pool end).
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Con,

I am looking at stale_work() code. I am wandering if work gets stale in solo and gbt also?

if (pool->gbt_workid)
Shall job_id be checked inside stale_work code. For stratum it is considered as stale if there is no share but for gbt and solo?
Thanks
There are enough checks to determine if work is stale with gbt solo/pool already.
Thanks,
Can you give me some hints what to look for in the code i am carious

Thanks
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Con,

if (pool->gbt_workid)
Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Con,
I found two cosmetic bugs in cgminer-api

static void disablepool(struct io_data *io_data, __maybe_unused SOCKE
   pool->enabled = POOL_DISABLED;
   enabled_pools--;

And same in enablepool

b]enabled_pools++;[/b]

Thanks

PS:What about my previous question about stale_work

and checking it's job_id

In general there is no code when gbt work becomes stale.

Thanks

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Sounds like it is time for me to set up a solo miner. I'm totally about getting my name all over the internet.
I recommend any miner who has a full bitcoind running somewhere on their lan should have solo mining as their last backup anyway, in case every single pool you are mining on falls over for whatever reason. It's good security for you and the network.
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
New release: 4.2.3, 3rd April 2014

- Solo miners can now add their own signature of up to 32 characters to the coinbase with the --btc-sig option.

Great! Thanks.

It appears that spaces aren't allowed.  Are there any other characters that aren't allowed, that you may know of?
Spaces are allowed, you just have to quote the signature.

Good info.  Thanks

The --btc-sig was missed in the readme altogether.
Sounds like it is time for me to set up a solo miner. I'm totally about getting my name all over the internet.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/

- Solo miners can now add their own signature of up to 32 characters to the coinbase with the --btc-sig option.

Great! Thanks.

It appears that spaces aren't allowed.  Are there any other characters that aren't allowed, that you may know of?

Good info.  Thanks

Yeah sorry I realised after I had already put together the release. Oh and you can use any characters you like provided it's all quoted.
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself

Great! Thanks.

Good info.  Thanks

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C
Love that widescreen option...... Cool
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/

- Added a --widescreen option by request which does not toggle and shows all information. This can be enabled/disabled via the display menu.

Perfect.  How wide is that?  I have my width set to 90 and it seems to display everything.
Will go up to 100.

Great! Thanks.

It appears that spaces aren't allowed.  Are there any other characters that aren't allowed, that you may know of?
legendary
Think for yourself

Great! Thanks.

It appears that spaces aren't allowed.  Are there any other characters that aren't allowed, that you may know of?
legendary
Think for yourself

- Added a --widescreen option by request which does not toggle and shows all information. This can be enabled/disabled via the display menu.

Perfect.  How wide is that?  I have my width set to 90 and it seems to display everything.
Activity: 427
Merit: 251
- electronics design|embedded software|verilog -
- Hexfury USB sticks should now be detected and come up as HXF instead of BXF.

Thanks! Smiley
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/

Human readable changelog:

- During network outages the devices hashrate would appear static, this has been fixed.
- Did a major rewrite of the code that writes and parses the config files. Now if you choose [W]rite from the [ S]ettings menu it should write most of the options you've given on the command line. Some options were never written correctly and many weren't written at all previously.
- Changed the toggling display to sit on the most important screen and not toggle by default, but it can be re-enabled via the [D]isplay menu.
- The hashrate line for per-device also includes the Work Utility at the end now instead of the alternate screen to better fit within 80 columns.
- The --device and --remove-disabled commands have been removed. They are a hangover from the GPU days and choosing devices with this command does not give any meaningfully reliable way of choosing devices.
- Added checking for any number of chips on bi*fury (BXF) devices and added the extra output in the API for them.
- Hexfury USB sticks should now be detected and come up as HXF instead of BXF.
- BXF bits can now be configured on the command line in case people wish to push the maximum for hardware modded devices (normally 54).
- miner.php updates.
- Fixed getwork share submission which was broken for the rare pools remaining that still use it.
- Other low level bugfixes/improvements.

Full changelog:

- Decay the per device hashrates when only the watchdog is calling the hashmeter
- Fix parsing of config files failing on custom parsing
- Allow an arbitrary number of chips in the BXF driver, showing results from
each chip in the API and identify the hexfury, naming it HXF
- Disable toggling display by default and offer a --widescreen option to have
all the information on an extra wide display.
- Use OPT_WITH_CBARG for all custom parsing functions to allow their values to
be written generically when writing the config file from the menu.
- Provide a ccan variant OPT_WITH_CBARG that assigns the arguments passed as a
string and then performs the callback function on the string.
- Define strings to store special option parsing parameters leaving no
OPT_WITH_ARG missing args
- Correct the writing of special case options to the config file
- Provide support for writing anu freq from menu write option
- Update to diver-avalon2.c
- Generalise a lot more of the command line options simplifying the write config
function and making it write far more values unaided
- Use the general opt_set_charp functions for setting api parameters
- Json escape any strings written to the config file
- Store standard charp options when writing config files
- Add support for all the integer range options when writing the config file
from the menu
- Remove the --device and --remove-disabled options which don't work in a
meaningful way any more
- Make the bxf bits configurable on the command line
- Provide a --btc-sig option to optionally add a custom signature to the solo
mining coinbsae
- Compact gbt solo extra data and store the length, allowing it to be variable,
leaving room for a signature
- miner.php - Kano summary Pool Acc/Rej should be only work submitted
- miner.php add best share and gen formatting for pool summary
- miner.php - remove BGEN/GEN eval() errors from the web log
- miner.php allow optional fields when gen is disabled
- miner.php dont format missing gen fields
- miner.php make Summary a custompage
- miner.php allow uers and system lists of customsummarypages and add more
examples
- Fix getwork share submission
- Cosmetic fix to udev rules
- Put WU on the hashrate status to compact lines further
- miner.php show api/rig errors at the top of a customsummarypage
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
could anybody be so kind and give step by step instruction on how to get 4.2.2 working on linux (ubuntu)?
https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/README

... that's why it's called ... README ...
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
could anybody be so kind and give step by step instruction on how to get 4.2.2 working on linux (ubuntu)?
From reading the first post in this thread, you learn you have to do this:

Go here: http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/

If you have 32-bit Ubuntu, download the file cgminer-4.2.2.tar.bz2.
If you have 64-bit Ubuntu, download the file cgminer-4.2.2-x86_64-built.tar.bz2

Either way, unzip the file you downloaded.  Then run the executable you just unzipped, follow the prompts to set up your first pool, plug in your devices, and poof, you're mining.  (I also suggest, after you configure your pool and other settings, that you save a config file using the in-program menus and prompts.)

For anything more specific than that, you'll have to ask a clearer question.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Activity: 39
Sorry, this isn't a training thread for how to use computers.

I know that I got it started as I said. But it's a executable single file. I have it setup (my current version 3.88 I think) that it runs in autostart at the moment. So I just configure the config file save reboot and Go. So Is there a clone Git link I may missed because I like to set it up the same way. 
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Sorry, this isn't a training thread for how to use computers.
Activity: 39
Hi there ,
I run a older version of CGMiner (will look later for the Ver. it 2:39am here). I got my Antminer U2 working with --enable-bmsc. My Pi display works prober (the adafruit one) besides that it shows 0 Devices. The U2 runs @2.032... GH/s and stabile.Because I got a vintage version of CGMiner, to which version I should upgrade???
As I said raspberry pi with adafruit 16x2 display with Bitmain Antminer U2
Ohhh ps theis program ROCKS. I am a linux noob btw
There is no --enable-bmsc in cgminer - you are running a fork of cgminer.

U1 and U2 support in cgminer is part of the Icarus driver since the U1 and U2 are designed to act almost exactly like an old Icarus FPGA.
So in cgminer it is --enable-icarus
You will also find that cgminer has the best support of setting the clock on a U1 and U2 where you can set it based on the clock speed you want rather than some obscure hex code (thanks to ckolivas)

Use the current version 4.2.2
I have a Raspbian binary for 4.2.2 (called 4.2.2a) in my cgminer-binaries git:
https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/tree/master/RPi_Raspbian

You'll need at least 3.12.2 if you want all the changes for the U1/U2
I tryed to git clone Raspbian binary for 4.2.2 (called 4.2.2a) what is a executable. I dont have any idea how to do that kind of stuff. Before i just git cloned a folder do the compiling stuff (via copy/paste and thats it. How do I do this one???

I got the execute working but it gives me error no device detected icarus 1:6 failed to ini. Incorrect device
Jump to: