Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 121. (Read 5805527 times)

administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
Mod note: Topic converted to self-moderated. This is a special case -- I don't normally do this. Posts before this point must not be deleted.
PSL
Activity: 166
Merit: 10
I think that cgminer 4.0 tries to restarted fallen USB device (AntMinerU1) too fast (and it doesn't work):
Code:
[2014-02-22 15:55:01] ANU 3: No valid hashes for over 53 secs, attempting to reset
[2014-02-22 15:55:01] ANU 3 attempted reset got err:(0) LIBUSB_SUCCESS
[2014-02-22 15:55:03] ANU 3: No valid hashes for over 53 secs, attempting to reset
[2014-02-22 15:55:03] ANU 3 attempted reset got err:(0) LIBUSB_SUCCESS
[2014-02-22 15:55:05] ANU 3: No valid hashes for over 53 secs, attempting to reset
[2014-02-22 15:55:05] ANU 3 attempted reset got err:(0) LIBUSB_SUCCESS
[2014-02-22 15:55:07] ANU 3: No valid hashes for over 53 secs, attempting to reset
[2014-02-22 15:55:08] ANU 3 attempted reset got err:(0) LIBUSB_SUCCESS
[2014-02-22 15:55:10] ANU 3: No valid hashes for over 53 secs, attempting to reset
[2014-02-22 15:55:10] ANU 3 attempted reset got err:(0) LIBUSB_SUCCESS
[2014-02-22 15:55:12] ANU 3: No valid hashes for over 53 secs, attempting to reset
[2014-02-22 15:55:12] ANU 3 attempted reset got err:(0) LIBUSB_SUCCESS
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
hi, I'm trying to compile cgminer 4 with avalon2U enabled

make results in;

driver-avalon2.c: In function ‘avalon2_api_stats’:
driver-avalon2.c:739:3: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘api_add_string’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
miner.h:1462:25: note: expected ‘char *’ but argument is of type ‘char (*)[16]’
driver-avalon2.c: At top level:
driver-avalon2.c:794:2: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
driver-avalon2.c:794:2: warning: (near initialization for ‘avalon2_drv.drv_detect’) [enabled by default]
  CC     cgminer-crc16.o
  CCLD   cgminer

any ideas? thanks
Development code is developmental. Warnings are mostly harmless and will be fixed in time. Why are you compiling it? Do you have the hardware?
ya, I have one 100gh USB 2U unit i'm trying to run it off a beagle bone black that i used to mine a BFL jalapeno with .
Also i wouldn't care but the most i can get out of cgminer is;
 [2014-02-22 10:45:57] Global quota greatest common denominator set to 1

before it dies Sad

make results in;

driver-avalon2.c:739:3: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘api_add_string’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
driver-avalon2.c:794:2: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
driver-avalon2.c:794:2: warning: (near initialization for ‘avalon2_drv.drv_detect’) [enabled by default]
  CC     cgminer-crc16.o
  CCLD   cgminer

any ideas? thanks
Development code is developmental. Warnings are mostly harmless and will be fixed in time. Why are you compiling it? Do you have the hardware?
ya, I have one 100gh USB 2U unit i'm trying to run it off a beagle bone black that i used to mine a BFL jalapeno with .
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Hi guys,

Loving 4.0 my drillbits are a lot more stable Smiley

I`ve recently started mining at coinex.pw on stratum.coinex.pw:9944

Cgminer does seem to like it and lists it as Dead all the time, whereas the other software i use is happily hashing away on the same pool.  Any ideas?

Thanks
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/

make results in;

CC     cgminer-crc16.o
  CCLD   cgminer

any ideas? thanks
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Not sure what has happened, I just rebooted my computer and now when i start cgminer i no longer get the option to put in the server address or username and password and i get a weird error.

Code:
89Segmentation fault: 11
logout

[Process completed]

any ideas?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
edit 3
Something tells me cgminer hates coinex's switchpool. I took a pic and first I saw btcguild found a block then coinex kept looking for a block till I got a no error and then no device error for my drillbit thumb. I hope that doesn't mean bad things for my drillbit thumb.

I find that on coinex's switchpool, when the coin changes it will crash my antminer blades, in fact. system log shows the asic going down and then being re-discovered. It didn't occur to me maybe it was cgminer related, but you have a similar problem on a different device apparently?

My ant runs 3.8.5-1, but I think a newer update is available I could try. (Antminer image that is.)
./autogen.sh

runs fine

./configure --enable-avalon2

runs fine result;

------------------------------------------------------------------------
cgminer 4.0.0
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Options Summary:

libcurl(GBT+getwork).: Enabled: -lcurl 
  curses.TUI...........: FOUND: -lncurses

Avalon.ASICs.........: Disabled
  Avalon2.ASICs........: Enabled
  BlackArrowMinion.ASIC: Disabled
  BlackArrow.ASICs.....: Disabled
  BFL.ASICs............: Disabled
  BitForce.FPGAs.......: Disabled
  BitFury.ASICs........: Disabled
  Cointerra.ASICs......: Disabled
  Bitmine-A1.ASICs.....: Disabled
  Drillbit.BitFury.....: Disabled
  Hashfast.ASICs.......: Disabled
  Icarus.ASICs/FPGAs...: Disabled
  Klondike.ASICs.......: Disabled
  KnC.ASICs............: Disabled
  ModMiner.FPGAs.......: Disabled

Compilation............: make (or gmake)
  CPPFLAGS.............:
  CFLAGS...............: -g -O2
  LDFLAGS..............:  -lpthread
  LDADD................: -ldl -lcurl   compat/jansson-2.5/src/.libs/libjansson.a -lpthread    -lm  -lrt

Installation...........: make install (as root if needed, with 'su' or 'sudo')
  prefix...............: /usr/local

make results in;

CC     cgminer-crc16.o
  CCLD   cgminer

any ideas? thanks
donator
Activity: 919
Merit: 1000
Builds and runs fine on Mac, but I get the following during make when I include --enable-bitmine_A1:

That's my fault, since I did not figure out how to disable a driver for a specific OS. As Con already stated, this one is meant for an embedded system with SPI interface (e.g. RasPi) and does not make sense to be build for a desktop OS.

I'll dig deeper into the automake magic to find a clean way to add OS dependency for that driver (if possible at all).
See what I did with driver-bab.c ......

Ok, will do. Thanks for the hint.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Builds and runs fine on Mac, but I get the following during make when I include --enable-bitmine_A1:

That's my fault, since I did not figure out how to disable a driver for a specific OS. As Con already stated, this one is meant for an embedded system with SPI interface (e.g. RasPi) and does not make sense to be build for a desktop OS.

I'll dig deeper into the automake magic to find a clean way to add OS dependency for that driver (if possible at all).
See what I did with driver-bab.c ......
donator
Activity: 919
Merit: 1000

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Will do, I have reverted the erupters to 3.12.3, which works great.  The bitcoin mining world is an odd combination of old and new hardware, I'm just running everything I have.  I suppose the financially logical thing to do would be to flip the erupters on Ebay, but I'd rather mine with them as long as they make more than the cost of the electricity that they consume.  Right now, the Avalon Mini + BE's make about $6 a day but cost around $4.  When that line is crossed, the tough thing will be throwing away working hardware, which the engineer in me hates the idea of.
Indeed, it's tough, but I'm pretty sure the erupters fell below their electricity costs a while ago, though I don't have the numbers here. You could always bet on BTC going $10k in the future and thus mining at an electricity cost loss now will pay off longer term... or you could just sell them now for more than they'll ever earn anyway (highly recommend the latter). Anyway in a future version I'll be more lax for these slowest devices left that cgminer still mines on, as this was clearly an oversight on my part. The next slowest device is a normally clocked antminer U1 at 1.6GH, and everyone overclocks them to 2GH anyway, so the difference is stark.
Activity: 89
Will do, I have reverted the erupters to 3.12.3, which works great.  The bitcoin mining world is an odd combination of old and new hardware, I'm just running everything I have.  I suppose the financially logical thing to do would be to flip the erupters on Ebay, but I'd rather mine with them as long as they make more than the cost of the electricity that they consume.  Right now, the Avalon Mini + BE's make about $6 a day but cost around $4.  When that line is crossed, the tough thing will be throwing away working hardware, which the engineer in me hates the idea of.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I've been running cgminer for 6 months - most recently 3.12.3 on Windows 7 with a dozen block erupters.  When I make the upgrade to 4.0, I start getting messages about "no hashing for 1 minute, resetting" from the various AMUs, and the hashrate drops.  Half the work is going toward mining on Eligius, so mindiff is 16.  Is that somehow tripping up cgminer?  I also seem to get this problem right away after visiting the new "USB" menu.

Thanks for maintaining a great piece of software!  I'm also running an Avalon and two Antminers, and cgminer is running on everything one way or another.
Thanks. Pool diff doesn't affect the rate at which shares come back from those devices. The block erupters hash very slowly and perhaps it is quite likely that they wont produce a share even after a minute at 333MH, making that test a little too trigger happy; it was designed around all the new 2GH+ devices appearing. For now I suggest leaving the erupters on 3.12.3.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/

Code:
make[1]: *** [cgminer-driver-SPI-bitmine-A1.o] Error 1
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Otherwise working great, thanks!  New cgminer mac builds are online here.
Thanks.

None of the SPI devices should be built into any distributed binaries as they're designed for standalone hardware anyway. I suggest the following only for distributed binaries at this stage:

Code:
--enable-icarus --enable-bflsc --enable-avalon --enable-bitfury --enable-klondike --enable-drillbit --enable-hashfast --enable-cointerra
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Being a sudo command it will only work until reboot correct?

Not in this case.  Sudo is being used to switch to the superuser, from where a file is added to that the OS reads on startup, which configures how it handles USB devices.  That fix is likely permanent.
Changes to /etc/sysctl.conf on linux are of course permanent since it's what the system uses at startup.
No idea about mac though.
Activity: 109
Being a sudo command it will only work until reboot correct?

Not in this case.  Sudo is being used to switch to the superuser, from where a file is added to that the OS reads on startup, which configures how it handles USB devices.  That fix is likely permanent.
Activity: 89
I've been running cgminer for 6 months - most recently 3.12.3 on Windows 7 with a dozen block erupters.  When I make the upgrade to 4.0, I start getting messages about "no hashing for 1 minute, resetting" from the various AMUs, and the hashrate drops.  Half the work is going toward mining on Eligius, so mindiff is 16.  Is that somehow tripping up cgminer?  I also seem to get this problem right away after visiting the new "USB" menu.

Thanks for maintaining a great piece of software!  I'm also running an Avalon and two Antminers, and cgminer is running on everything one way or another.
Activity: 109

Code:
 CC       cgminer-driver-SPI-bitmine-A1.o
In file included from driver-SPI-bitmine-A1.c:19:
spi-context.h:4:25: error: linux/types.h: No such file or directory
spi-context.h:5:30: error: linux/spi/spidev.h: No such file or directory
In file included from driver-SPI-bitmine-A1.c:19:
spi-context.h:29: error: ‘SPI_MODE_0’ undeclared here (not in a function)
In file included from driver-SPI-bitmine-A1.c:32:
A1-desk-board-selector-tca9535.c:7:23: error: linux/i2c.h: No such file or directory
A1-desk-board-selector-tca9535.c:8:27: error: linux/i2c-dev.h: No such file or directory
In file included from driver-SPI-bitmine-A1.c:32:
A1-desk-board-selector-tca9535.c: In function ‘tca9535_write’:
A1-desk-board-selector-tca9535.c:39: error: storage size of ‘data’ isn’t known
A1-desk-board-selector-tca9535.c:42: error: storage size of ‘args’ isn’t known
A1-desk-board-selector-tca9535.c:43: error: ‘__s32’ undeclared (first use in this function)
A1-desk-board-selector-tca9535.c:43: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
A1-desk-board-selector-tca9535.c:43: error: for each function it appears in.)
A1-desk-board-selector-tca9535.c:43: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘err’
A1-desk-board-selector-tca9535.c:45: error: ‘I2C_SMBUS_WRITE’ undeclared (first use in this function)
A1-desk-board-selector-tca9535.c:47: error: ‘I2C_SMBUS_BYTE_DATA’ undeclared (first use in this function)
A1-desk-board-selector-tca9535.c:50: error: ‘err’ undeclared (first use in this function)
A1-desk-board-selector-tca9535.c:50: error: ‘I2C_SMBUS’ undeclared (first use in this function)
A1-desk-board-selector-tca9535.c:42: warning: unused variable ‘args’
A1-desk-board-selector-tca9535.c:39: warning: unused variable ‘data’
A1-desk-board-selector-tca9535.c: In function ‘a1_board_selector_init’:
A1-desk-board-selector-tca9535.c:87: error: ‘I2C_SLAVE’ undeclared (first use in this function)
driver-SPI-bitmine-A1.c: In function ‘exec_cmd’:
driver-SPI-bitmine-A1.c:225: warning: unused variable ‘retval’
driver-SPI-bitmine-A1.c: In function ‘cmd_WRITE_JOB’:
driver-SPI-bitmine-A1.c:327: warning: unused variable ‘cmd’
driver-SPI-bitmine-A1.c: In function ‘A1_detect’:
driver-SPI-bitmine-A1.c:880: error: ‘SPI_MODE_1’ undeclared (first use in this function)
driver-SPI-bitmine-A1.c:848: warning: unused variable ‘board_id’
driver-SPI-bitmine-A1.c: In function ‘A1_queue_full’:
driver-SPI-bitmine-A1.c:1020: warning: unused variable ‘work’
make[1]: *** [cgminer-driver-SPI-bitmine-A1.o] Error 1
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Otherwise working great, thanks!  New cgminer mac builds are online here.
Jump to: